Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

argh dumb knee

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alasdair

argh dumb knee Empty
PostSubject: argh dumb knee   argh dumb knee Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:43 pm

So I had knee surgery Wednesday. They shaved off more cartilage and my knee was massively inflamed so they made the swelling go down. They didn't stitch it just used this wimpy glue stuff that didn't hold. Last night it busted in Spanish class. I lost enough blood I started getting woozy. God I love orange juice. I think it was the only thing that stopped me from passing out. Now my knee makes squishy sounds when I walk, it is weak, and it hurts alot. Vicodan is my only solace. Just one more darn thing stopping me from getting the Hannibal Province up and running. ARGH dumb knee.
Back to top Go down
http://gatesofhaven.forumotion.org
Jagun the Butcher

argh dumb knee Empty
PostSubject: Re: argh dumb knee   argh dumb knee Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 8:04 pm

did you do anything strenuous? if not, thats liable for Malpractice.
No
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

argh dumb knee Empty
PostSubject: Re: argh dumb knee   argh dumb knee Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 3:08 pm

Jagun has a point. They should have stitched something like that for sure.
Glue is not the best to use, ever.
Back to top Go down
https://gatesofhaven.forumotion.net
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

argh dumb knee Empty
PostSubject: Re: argh dumb knee   argh dumb knee Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 3:57 pm

On a knee, or any other major joint, it is typically better than stitches. Stitches have no give, and will tear out, making the wound worse than it was before. Where-as glue ussually allows the elasticty of the skin to absorb the flexing and stretching. But, it sounds like there was additional info we may not be aware of. Like for instance, too little glue used, bad batch of glue, a chemical reaction between the gleu, and possible soaps used to wash himself afterward, the typical reaction of guys to continually push the limt, and many other things like that.

I would suggest against crying malpractice until all details are acounted for, and another doctor is consulted.
Back to top Go down
Jagun the Butcher

argh dumb knee Empty
PostSubject: Re: argh dumb knee   argh dumb knee Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 6:21 pm

good point. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alasdair

argh dumb knee Empty
PostSubject: Re: argh dumb knee   argh dumb knee Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 4:31 pm

The glue came undone during normal walking. Oh well life happens I'm ok.
Back to top Go down
http://gatesofhaven.forumotion.org
Sponsored content

argh dumb knee Empty
PostSubject: Re: argh dumb knee   argh dumb knee Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

argh dumb knee
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Town Square :: General Discussion-
Jump to: