Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gates Of Summer VI

Go down 
+20
Malfurion
Svipdag
Tygreive
Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar
Szabo Erinach
Crux
Eldrin THE BLACK
Odin
Summer
Angus
Logar
Iohn deMar
Vala
turrinbarturrin
Alo
Constantine
Kairi Cypmann
Orrin None-son
Elysia Faal
Tyr
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Odin

Odin

Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:26 am

r we setting up a weapons tent? or will they just live outside/in cars/tents?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:32 am

For Breakfast I can bring pancake mix, the kind all you need to add is water lol. I have 2 boxes and the stuff will definitely work for breakfast and is pretty fast to make whilst filling at the same time. Not only that but I/whoever's cooking can make enough for everyone, both camps if need be. Very Happy

cheers COME ON OVER GUYS!! :p
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:10 am

I wouldn't mind a tent for weapons . . . depending on how many we have, I can donate my small tent for the cause.

Also, I vote for pancakes, as well as fruit and hot tea. Razz

Good idea, sh-we-gin! XD
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:40 am

well i'll see if i can bring you all the table, like i said i'll be takin care of myself at gates as i have already made plans, and well i always have a back up for them.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:36 pm

i'll prolly pack really light, i got me a backpacking tent Smile but i don't really have a tent i could make solely a weapons tent. i think we should have one, just to have a spot to keep them safe from the raccoons, who are known dagorhir thieves
Back to top Go down
Logar

Logar

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:37 pm

the last two events we just kinda left them out in the open.... thats proly why mosty of ours um died lol
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:45 pm

lol well i would keep mine in my tent...but it's barely bigger than my body, lol so that's why im pushing for a community weapons tent
Back to top Go down
Logar

Logar

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:48 pm

we hard tarps over them.... they were just positioned poorly....... like on the side of a small hill >.>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:32 pm

Quote :
Good idea, sh-we-gin! XD

It is CHA - WE - GIN!!!!
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:41 pm

But i like making fun of your name . . . Razz
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:23 pm

When we camped at Rag with Alterra, we had a tent specifically for all the weapons. A 'small tent' might not fit everything. We used a small tent, and only had 10 people maximum in camp anyway, and the tent was packed to the very top. So while it's probably a good idea to have a small tent to keep as many as possible in, we'll still probably end up placing some things in other tents. -.-;
The main reasoning for that was the rain, though, because it absolutely poured at Rag. Hopefully it won't rain at Gates this year.
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:35 pm

i guess I get the small tent to myself, then. Wink
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:20 am

Not true Summer. I will toss a rabid wombat in there to share it with you.

And, ya...sure... that tarp was for weapons... We all know it was a shrine.
Back to top Go down
Tygreive

Tygreive

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:02 am

Orrin, i've told you not to throw me anymore...
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:03 am

But it is SO much fun. *pouts*
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:16 am

ummm anyway, back to topic at hand..
Back to top Go down
Svipdag

Svipdag

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:59 am

on the topic of a weapons tent, who can't store all of their weapons in whatever tent they plan in sleeping in? If we get a list going of the weapons we need to store and their dimensions, I bet we can better plan where to put them all.

I'm planning on 6.5' red/green which I'm not sure will fit in whatever tent I'll be staying in (esp. since I don't know which tent that is).
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:26 pm

Shields are what seemed to take up more room than anything else, so I would find out how many of those are going as well. And I think it's a pretty safe bet to say most spears probably won't fit in relatively small-sized tents. @.x;
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:52 pm

By all means take the weapons you want to fight with, but don't load up with gear you don't need. You, as a fighter, should be self-sufficient. Meaning you need to be able to carry, repair, and store all your stuff by yourself. Not saying that we are not nice people and won't help if its needed, but the more time and effort we put into trying to haul a bunch of gear, the less energy we'll have to do things like pre-battle practices, lounging at camp, socializing with other realm, ect. Some weapons will need special consideration (such as very large spears/reds). Those things will most likely be thrown under/wrapped in a tarp. To be honest, we'll need tents for personal items and bodies. A good way to store your shield is to sleep on it (you know they're made of camping pads right?).
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:04 pm

I'll be fine either way, I think the longest weapon I'll be bringing is a 6' glaive, and while yeah, you don't really need to bring a lot of gear, it's sometimes nice to have your options open to you, and also in case others need to borrow, or a weapon breaks somehow.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:07 pm

hey i'll bring my duffle bad with me, it has in it(as of right now besides dap and rolls of foam) a sewing kit, gloves, scissors,fabric markers, wedges for dapping, 1 piece of 1X3 yards of cloth, adn another 1X?? peice of cloth, two nearly full rolls of duck tape. pencils for handles on fiberglass cores, auto tape(colors black, red, blue,green,yellow,white) a little amount of spare foam. and i'll probally add to it as i think of wat i also use for maitnence. YES that is ohow it is at this very moment. (hint Warmind for a reason Smile ) so i'll bring that to help out, also i would suggest keeping all "loner" weapons in cars as to not take up space elsewhere, i personally will take care of my afairs since i'm camping with Ravenwood, but yeah i will have to carry 1 5' cleaver, 2 ~2.8' blues, 1 20"X36" punch shield and 1 18" round buckler. so i won't be able to help someone else out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:12 pm

You know I kinda like the idea of snuggling up close to the weapons, such as blue/green swords, they are usually small enough to "cuddle" with. (plus you won't feel lonely when you have no one to sleep with lol) And it would save space.

Another thing, for those of us who don't have tents of their own and don't have a way to get a tent of their own, where will we be sleeping? I mean I don't mind sleeping outside on the ground, so long as it hasn't just rained or is raining, but if it is raining or has just rained....
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:18 pm

I'm sure as we get closer, we'll figure it out - I for one have two huge tents that anyone can use - Should hold 4+ people with no worries. Sleeping on the ground without a tent seems kinda cold for us. Unless your Ian, and you made Cort angry. Then yeah, you get to sleep outside, rain or not. Smile
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:48 pm

man.....i'm so looking forward to this. I haven't been to an event in like a year
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:43 pm

i only bring up a weapons tent cause i have a backpacking tent that i can barly fit in myself (they are tiny!) weapon wise, a shield, axe, flail, war axe, and Florentines maybe....any my war axe is huge...and it's my baby, lol

https://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f275/Kairishadowenheart/?action=view&current=iPhone119.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gates Of Summer VI
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next