Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?

Go down 
+4
Orrin None-son
Elysia Faal
turrinbarturrin
Constantine
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Constantine

Constantine

Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:19 pm

I used to go to the practice sites early to work on my parkour skills. Next summer when we're all back in BS would anyone care to join me? It would only be an hour or less before practice, and we'd probably take it relatively easy so we don't wear ourselves out before practice begins.

On a side note, I'd like to get into a regular parkour training routine during the summer. I'll probably go up to Baumgardner for at least a little while on days that aren't overbearingly hot. Anyone who wants to join is welcome. It would be better if we could go to other places though, such as Pink Hill.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:52 am

woot im in
I'll chase you with a blue and do parkour and get away!
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:57 am

It's on! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Elysia Faal

Elysia Faal

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 10:31 am

I'll watch =)
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 11:37 am

she's to short to jump over stuff.....*runs and jumps over things so she can't follow*
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:34 pm

Dude, I've seen an 11 year old do parkour better than I can. I wouldn't put it past Elysia.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:49 pm

just curious as to what parkour is.... scratch
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 10:25 pm

ahem GOOGLE
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 11:12 pm

Run, jump. run more, duck, jump more, run more, lather rinse repeat.

It is a blast!
Back to top Go down
Eldrin THE BLACK

Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:15 am

Turrinbarturrin wrote:
ahem GOOGLE

Look Orrin, mini-Alric!
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:36 am

study
scratch
idk
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:50 am

GOOGLE, FOOL!
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 2:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtJckTGvCcI

I recommend watching this to see some Parkour in action. I'm sure Constantine could hook you up with some better ones, though, haha.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 2:34 am

oh, yeah i've just always called this "street running" or urban running. check this out (im sure u already have)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pib8_Vxz2A
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 2:56 am

I've seen both of those, and they're both well done. Although I'd have to say that Team Tempest is probably my personal favorite group of freerunners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92k9-7g8m-s
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:45 am

O_O Wow. Constantine, you win.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:20 am

Haha, yeah. I'll never be made of as much win as Team Tempest. Especially since I think I permanently damaged my knee :[
Back to top Go down
Elysia Faal

Elysia Faal

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 10:06 am

Isn't any injury from parkour like a badge of honor that dubs the wearer bragging rights on their TOTALLY F!*$#ING EXTREME wipeout?
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:09 pm

Eldrin wrote:
Turrinbarturrin wrote:
ahem GOOGLE

Look Orrin, mini-Alric!

That was pure epic awesome Eldrin! You just made me spit frosted flakes on my screen.

And, to the rest of you who seem to be in the dark about the humor, it is a national board referance to someone.
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:17 pm

Eldrin wrote:
Turrinbarturrin wrote:
ahem GOOGLE

Look Orrin, mini-Alric!

That was pure epic awesome Eldrin! You just made me spit frosted flakes on my screen.

And, to the rest of you who seem to be in the dark about the humor, it is a national board referance to someone.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:07 pm

Elysia Faal wrote:
Isn't any injury from parkour like a badge of honor that dubs the wearer bragging rights on their TOTALLY F!*$#ING EXTREME wipeout?

I can't guarantee it was a parkour injury. There wasn't a specific time when it started hurting, like a wipeout or anything. I don't wipe out very often. I just noticed my knee hurting one day.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 am

Come to think of it, I may have made this post too soon. I need to see about going to a doctor to see how serious the injury is. Depending on what a doctor says I may not be able to do parkour or Dag for a long time.
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:49 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 7:56 pm

and then we'll all cry....
Ya know. I read this thread...and swore I posted...but I must have imagined it, cuz it says I've never read this thread and I didn't post in it....which is weird....

I wish for the best for you Constantine. I hope the knee isn't damaged forever. Sad
I want to really get into parkour next summer...like...make me go and do stuff, no excuses (cuz I'll want to be awesome now, and then be lazy next summer, self-motivation is not something I have a lot of).
Back to top Go down
https://gatesofhaven.forumotion.net
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:43 am

Haha, I introduced you to some beginner stuff. But a lot of strength training would be helpful. I could try and work out some sort of instruction routine, if that would help. We'll probably have to start small though, because without a gymnasium filled with padded floors and foam pits, parkour has a lot of inherent danger, and concrete and bricks aren't very lenient with bones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?   Next summer, parkour before practice anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next summer, parkour before practice anyone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next