Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

its last second but

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

its last second but Empty
PostSubject: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 10:27 pm

lets have a big foam smithing party to celebrate the new year!!!
I have no plans and my rents are having more old folk to house for bland and boring doom. I need an out!
So if ya can lets build stuff!!!! please?
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:18 am

actually i made a shield and to L beat sticks, don't know how either will turn out, i also need covers for both.
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:59 am

yay
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:07 am

by L shaped i mean the handle is actually sticking out the side, so the weapon look like an L shape Razz , and i prolly need to twike the handle on my sheild but eh..
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:49 pm

L hmmm sounds like a punch weapon
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:28 pm

nope not a pokey, also the only punch weapons not allowed are punch daggers,
4.1.11.10. Disallowed weapons include but are not limited to: Nets, lassos,
pungee sticks, nunchucks, tonfas, double-ended daggers, punch daggers
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:35 pm

Tyr wrote:
4.1.11.10. Disallowed weapons include but are not limited to: Nets, lassos,
pungee sticks, nunchucks, tonfas, double-ended daggers, punch daggers

They may consider the weapon a tonfa. But it's worth a shot. If the weapon is long enough, they might just pass it as a sword. I think part of the reason they don't like weapons like that is because it's easy to anvil with them, because the weapon naturally comes between your arm and the opponent's weapon if you hold it a certain way.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:14 pm

actually i saw this way back on the main boards argueing this point, they mostly say they would pass, and the blade on these is about 18" at least way longer than my my elbow to my hand which is usually the desired length for a tonfa, here is a photo of the sword its last second but IMG_0116 ps. sry the pic is so big i didn't realize how big it was.
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:16 pm

ewwww pool noodles??!!?
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:26 pm

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's considered a tonfa. Unless you're holding it like one, you wouldn't even be able to fight with it properly.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:40 pm

eh, i just looked at the board and anything with a side handle is pretty much baned though i can think of a way to make a weapon with side handles that might pass but it will be big, anyway i was just sick of using the same old strait line concept. oh well, and i used pull noodles so i could take apart easier with out wasting foam and dap,, (and to be technical it's missing an important part to be considerd a tonfa, but would fail for the same reasons as one Sad)
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:43 pm

sad days
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:14 am

If your sword has a slight cure in the handle, it will function like a Kopesh. Or many ofther reverse curve blades.

Curving the blade gives you something similar to a scimatar, shamshir, katana, or any other number of forward curved blade.

You could do a double curve and make it an elven warblade. Handle curves forward slightly, while the blade curves back. Kinda like an "S".

Or, move away from swords completly. Make something more difficult to wield proficiently. Like for instance : An axe, hammer, glaive, spear, javvy, stabby dagger, shields, rocks, or go really out there and go for a crossbow.

Maybe start on some armor. Something simple, like a bracer and pauldrin.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:34 am

i already started new with the shield i only decided to make more beat sticks so i actually could have a pair to use after everyone is done ransacking my armory, also, i has no ways right now to make armor, but i need a bracer on my right side and maybe a full right arm armor, idk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: its last second but   its last second but Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

its last second but
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Provinces :: Blue Springs Area-
Jump to: