Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We need to be an RSO!

Go down 
+2
Barca
Angus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Angus
Troll
Angus

We need to be an RSO! Empty
PostSubject: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:09 am

(Posted again, due to importance)
We REALLY NEED, and I cannot stress this enough, a team of people committed to making this happen. we have at least 3 or 4 people working independently on this, and we need to come together. there are multiple drafts floating around of the constitution, and none of them have gotten us very far. Summer simplified my original version, and I believe Ian made some edits as well. For the most part, it was very much improved. It is still, however, not complete.In my humble opinion, it would benefit us to have a task force of sorts, willing to dedicate a short amount of time, on a regular basis to this effort.

Yes, yes, I know, "Isn't that your job, Kiley?" It's true, I had originally taken this responsibility upon myself, but unfortunately, this is simply not something I can do by myself. The school won't recognize a group with only one member. And for all intensive membership purposes, the people who meet with the res-life staff, and approve the constitution are the only ones the school really cares about. Several of you could be of great help to us in this endeavor. I know Summer has helped make an RSO before, and had some helpful insight. Ian and Cortney wrote the Haven Constitution obviously, and could be of great help as well. I don't know exactly how many of us need to meet with res-life, but I know it's more than one. If you're SERIOUS about getting this done, and SOON, post in this thread, and tell me your availability. I would really like to set up an appointment with res-life for early next week, but before that can happen, I need to get together with some of you, just briefly, so that we can be prepared. I realize most of you don't really care too much what's in the constitution, and that's fine, as long as you sign it when the time comes. Those who do care, we need your input, so contact me ASAP. Let's get this done before we get so far into the semester that we're too bogged down with classes to worry about clubs.

Incidentally, I am available tomorrow between 11 and 12:30, and Friday between 11 and 4 PM. Sat between 3:30 and 4:30PM, and possibly Sun morning.
Back to top Go down
Barca
Troll
Barca

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:58 pm

You know I've asked to see the constitution a couple dozen times. I've revised the Student Council constitution, I'm the head of a committee to revise the SAFB constitution, I know the people that are on the RSO committee (which I believe is handled through Student Life). SO SEND ME THE FREAKING THING ALREADY!

(or I can come by on Friday) Smile
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:12 pm

Sorry, Like I said, there are several drafts floating around, so nothing's been sent out in a while. Come by on Friday, definitely. I'll probably have lunch at the grotto around noon, and then I'll be going Caving at 4:30. Kairi made an important point in another thread, that it's best to have something to submit soon, and then let student life tell us what they want changed. Of course, like I said, we don't have a draft that's ready to submit, just a handful of unfinished drafts floating around. a couple of them HAVE been submitted, but it's not enough to just mail a word document to student life. They won't respond to us unless we go through the proper channels.

Tl;dr: meet me tomorrow at my house between 12:30 and 4:00, we'll discuss what needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:48 am

Iohn and myself will be there at your house probably around 1:00PM to try and help out. I'll see if we can't get Summer's version of the draft with us, too, and maybe even get her to tag along.
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:44 am

recovery sales outlet?!
cool
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:50 am

Recognized School Organization, lol. I have Summer's revision with me which I can bring and I have Summer's version which I edited (lol).

BTW, Turrin: No, I have not forgotten about your X-mas present. I'll just tell you that its a bundle of 1/2" solid fiberglass cores ranging from 4'-6'. Because I love you. ^.^
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:55 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
rendeer santa I love you Christmas ROCKS!!!
Back to top Go down
Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:22 am

I would like to help out if you still need people. Just tell me what i can do to help. I can offer some help and ideas as I get to know more.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:50 pm

Being that I was micro-managing the entire time you three were actually working on that, how far did we get, and what's left to be done now?
Back to top Go down
Barca
Troll
Barca

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:53 pm

I talked with some people at student life, and they recommend that we schedule a meeting with them to discuss the purpose and aims of boffer club

In addition, I got comments that the purpose that we have now is not good enough, that our formatting sucks (I blame WordPad), and that we might want to specify that it's "historical" foam weapons.

In any case, the first step is to send them the current version of the constitution, because they claim that they never got one. We then need to try to schedule a meeting.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:15 am

I assume the e-mail they give on their webpage is where I should send it? Also, Iohn, Kairi, Barca, other interested parties, post on here when you are available (between 9 and 5, M-F) this week, so we can schedule a meeting with Gerard at Student Life.

P.S. I really appreciate your help Barca, I don't know why I didn't ask you before now. The fact is, all I'm really good at is getting the ball rolling. When it comes down to all the details, I'm a little out of my league. We are, or at least I am, lucky to have someone who knows what they're doing in this department.
Back to top Go down
Barca
Troll
Barca

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 2:47 pm

Happy to help, and yeah, we need to meet with Gerard.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:27 pm

M-W I'm basically free after 2:00. Th I'm busy all day. Friday I'm off at 2:00.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:31 am

I usually work at 7pm most nights. Tues I am open from 10am-1pm. Wed till 4ish. Thurs. free after 10, and Friday free from 10-2.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:17 am

Wednesdays are best for me. Would Wed at 2:30 work for the rest of you?
Back to top Go down
Barca
Troll
Barca

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:46 pm

That time will work for me. Did you send in the electronic version?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:30 pm

That wouldn't work for me.

By the way, has anyone sent the Constitution out electronically? Like by email? I ask because I would like to read over it but I don't know who has the copies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need to be an RSO!   We need to be an RSO! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We need to be an RSO!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Provinces :: Rolla Area-
Jump to: