Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weapon smithing

Go down 
+6
Kairi Cypmann
Iohn deMar
Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar
Summer
Odin
Kairen
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kairen

Kairen

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:24 am

I heard this thrown around in practice a lot today, but I didn't hear any date set for it. Would it be possible to have another recruiting event to attract more students to our "club" and make more weapons while we're at it.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:28 am

as i understand it, there is one in the fall and one in the spring. but idk if the school will give us 300 dollars, but if we get it u can bet to see me there
Back to top Go down
Kairen

Kairen

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:41 am

If we are only having one a semester, we should probably do it soon, because the student load isn't very high, and they can be more involved later on in the semester.
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:47 am

i vote for a new foamsmithing event! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:10 am

my only concern is that ppl would make them but since it is not always nice outside they would not come and then never come and then waste their creation
Back to top Go down

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:23 am

I agree, it would be nice to have another one
Back to top Go down
Kairen

Kairen

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:55 am

Yea, we should have our practice schedule clearly defined before we have the event. As it is now, it wouldn't really serve a purpose.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:27 am

Last time we did a foamsmithing program, more than half the people never showed up to a practice, and every single person who did make a weapon made a mess of things (meaning they didn't get the attention they needed from the program officers and made crappy weapons which were basically a waste of foam, only a couple were very nice). It would be better to hold our own "Haven"/"Boffer Club" foamsmithing party and use some of the due money for supplies. The best way to introduce people to Dag in the summer is practice on campus in garb (nice garb, possibly some more armor) and make what we do look good (not a bunch of kids just hitting each other).
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:45 am

I'm hoping to write an article to put in our school newspaper about Boffer Club sometime very soon (and anyone with info on where to send it, what it should include, etc etc, should feel free to PM me and let me know) which I think might help people see us less as nerdy kids with foam and more like a group of people doing something that's actually a sport in it's own right.
Once that's done, trying to host another foamsmithing program might not be as much of a failure-- especially now that we have more than just three people who know how to make GOOD passable weapons. Plus, we can all advertise and talk to everyone about our practices, about Dag in general, etc. Doing it a second time around would go over better, I think.
However, due to the budget cuts, we might not be as likely to get one of these programs passed every semester like in the past. We might have to stick to once a year. :\ Something to think about.
Back to top Go down
Kairen

Kairen

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:54 am

Since having a recruiting event to make weapons is a no go, what would you guys think of substituting a practice for a foam smiting party.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:16 am

That might be what will happen this Wednesday, since it's supposedly going to rain. Angus was talking about that today at practice. Whenever we have to cancel due to weather, we should try and get together somewhere and make/repair weapons, paint shields, make garb, etc.
Back to top Go down
Kairen

Kairen

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Cool, so would we be meeting at Angus's place, or somewhere else?
Back to top Go down

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Do we have enough supplies to do a foamsmithing "party"?
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:33 pm

I agreed with Ian's thoughts on the foam party - people are lazy as hell - therefore, we should stick to ourselves, not waste campus's money, and just practice as we always have. The reason I am in Dag now is because you guys looked like you were having fun, so, I bothered Kylie about borrowing a weapon and started to beat the shit out of people. Smile

Of course, I always agree with repairingand making new garb and weapons for shitty weather days when we don't want to use Miner Wreck. If this Wednesday is going to suck, I want to focus on finishing up my spears, as well as start on garb!
Back to top Go down
Barca
Troll
Barca

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:11 pm

Also, Wednesday might be a good day to work on the Constitution some more.

But yeah, there's plenty of junk in Angus' basement for a lot of people, but we might need to get ahold of another sewing machine.
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:29 pm

I might be able to provide the sewing machine, after promising me that it won't get broken - its my mom's, and it has some sentimental value. I should be able to get it this weekend, if all goes well. Smile

And yeah, there is plenty of crap down there - foam wise, its awesome. pvc and pvc coverings are a bit scarce, but a trip to lowes fixes that. Oh, and the place was out of ducktape - the good kind, I mean. Razz
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:08 pm

well then it looks like a lowes run is in order, at least i need one... is there dap there?
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Yes, there is still half a can of Dap - good for quite a few weapons. Smile
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:19 am

excellent
Back to top Go down

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:27 am

actually i think it is more of a third of dap left, at least that's what it looked like when I was there Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:00 am

so we have dap and blue foam enough for a red?
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:15 am

Depends on how big of a red you want . . . however, if we need to make a lowe's run anyway, we can always pick up more dap too!
Back to top Go down
Barca
Troll
Barca

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:17 am

for a red, it's probably best if you get your own foam anyway, because you probably won't find enough strips of foam of the right size
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:25 am

The Forge is always open...
yes, I can confirm the rumors, and state without any hesitaion:
EVERY Wednesday, I will personally be in the forge (my basement) from noon until practice. When there is no practice, I will be there until 6PM. That means Wednesdays are open forge Days, from noon to 4:30, or 6 when the weather's bad. Fridays, the forge is usually open all day after 1PM, and I'm up for another get-together this Friday. (bring the Rag DVD plz)
Back to top Go down
Hatchet.

Hatchet.

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:31 pm

What time would such a get-together be?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weapon smithing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon smithing   Weapon smithing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapon smithing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next