HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Haven, check it.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:48 am

I was thinking the other day, we have a really big campsite at gates and plenty of extra space, I was thinking, if it was alright with our realm(I'm pretty sure everyone is cool with it, Orrin? anyone on your end not like the idea?) you guys might camp with us. Our spot is amazing and you guys are pretty amazing too, I think it would be awesome to share the evening at camp with you guys. I also think it would be cool to hang our banners side by side, eh?

I know you guys don't always come and camp, but it was a thought if you do. Also, there are no parties in Ravenwood Camp so I don't think that would really be a problem. Eldrin(and everyone else) goes elsewhere to party, I like my campsite safe and unmolested by large random groups of people.Plus, we've always had the same campsite and we have kicked people out of it before. It is a nice, safe, dry, close-but-out-of-the-way, place to camp.

But hey, some general thoughts,(Orrin? Iohn? peoples?) Good idea...or bad idea?

I vote yes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:11 am

I have seen Ravenwood's campsite and it is very spacious and comfortable. And while I do plan on spending much of my time at Gates hanging out with you guys, Haven is going to have its own camp this year. With the amount of people we'll have I think its going to be best if we are our own site. I wouldn't want to crowd your area with near to 7 full size tents and all our equipment. With us being so new a realm, I also feel that it would do us good to get a feel for how to set up our camp. I know last War some of us didn't stay and camp because we were tempted to drive the 30 minutes back to KC and sleep in our warm dry beds with running showers. This Gates that shouldn't be the case, and at future events, Haven will never display such poor patriotism as to abandon her troops in times of war.

We are such a new realm, and Ravenwood has done so much to help us grow into something that can even function. Haven is forever grateful, and so we shall pledge our everlasting friendship to Ravenwood.

For those who do not know Ravenwood, look to them as brothers and sisters. They were once very much like Haven is now. On or off the field, they are our friends.

"Or I will Moderator all your butts laugh do a little dance and eat a scone"
-Turrin barTurrin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:55 am

I understand, but we are also clearing out more space, we defiantly will have room. But I also understand you guys want your own camp and I don't really blame you! But if something happens(sometimes weird things happen) we have room for you guys and I think we'd have a pretty good time together. Either way, we should have a blast hanging out together.

And red ladies, if you need some shields to protect you while you smash up your foes, I volunteer and I have a few other people that might like having a red BA around to smash up some fools. Reds rule(I know, random from another thread)

And I hope I don't offend anyone by saying you can camp with "us". really, if it worked out, I wouldn't call it that, I would say that we would have a mutual campsite and if it worked out once we might do that more in the future. Like, Rag, when so few of our realm mates go and we're stuck camping in a tiny camp or with whatever realm will take us in. IDK about you guys but I like some room to breath a little.

BTW, where are you guys camping this time at gates?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:12 am

I for one will never say no to a shield helping me out on the battlefield. One of the most frustrating things about wielding a red is the prospect of possibly simply being mowed over by a larger shieldman, which is less likely to happen if I have a shieldman of my own helping me out. Also good for not getting shot in the face by arrows. -.-;

I'm actually not quite sure where they'll be sticking us yet. If they put us where they did last time, we'll be quite a walk into the woods.

As far as Rag goes, I think that might be a lot of fun, since I'm not sure how many of us will actually go (and I didn't like camping in a very small camp last Rag as much as I would have enjoyed a larger one, me thinks). It's hard to get everyone to drive 18 or so hours, I've noticed, though I know a few of our guys have already said they'll be there. Will you be at Rag this year, Eldrin?

Kairi the Claymore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:20 am

Yeah, I will. I think I'm taking about 5-6 people with me, not many people from our realm can afford such an expensive trip. It is sad too, Rag is the greatest. I was so sad I missed last year. But it would be awesome to camp together. We still might not have a big camp, but we'd be a cool one. Would Alterra wanna camp with us at rag too? Szabo? Or do you guys have your own place?

I hate walking back in the woods!!!!! Long ago raslin and I snapped up that campsite like lions and we've never let it go. Porta-potty really close, close to the battlefield and the sacred grove, elevated as not to draw to much water, not in a random path somewhere. I'm gonna clean out more woods around our campsite before the event and when I do that I'm gonna try to haul up some firewood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 am

Well, we could just email whoever is in charge of camp space at the event and tell them we'll need room for ~20. But I don't know when they need that number by, or if it needs to be backed up with pre-reg waivers...

At Rag, definitely. Camping together there would be a blast. For the reasons you mentioned: so few from any given realm actually manage to go.

"Or I will Moderator all your butts laugh do a little dance and eat a scone"
-Turrin barTurrin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:29 am

No, Ravenwood will have the same campsite it has always had. And I'll personally be expanding our site at gates with the Dominion patrol. We're set on our campsite. I'm sure. I can be very...very difficult and Raslin is worse than I. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tygreive

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:32 am

*SIDE NOTE*

When is Rag? i may try for that one, since i can't make Gates.

*END SIDE NOTE*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:34 am

Sweet! I'm glad you'll be there. You and a few other fighters have been my heroes at Gates and War since I started, and since I wasn't fighting hardly at all at Rag due to a bad illness, I was looking for said heroes on the field as I sat and watched and was disappointed when I didn't find you. I'm glad to know you'll be on the field this summer.
I'd love it if Alterra wanted to camp with us as well. Hopefully we can all three make a fairly decent camp when put together, haha.

You guys really do have a great spot at Gates/War. I remember the first War I went to, we only had a handful at the time and we were just down the trail from you all. The walk was so much nicer to and from camp. T.T
Alas, Dagorhir is getting so big we're running out of room to hold us, it seems. It's especially apparent at Rag when people start camping on hillsides at angles and stuff because there's no where else to camp.

Kairi the Claymore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:40 am

That is why I thought I'd see if you guys wanted to camp with us at Gates. And it is awesome that were running out of good space, even though it sucks too. I've always like "mutual" camps. I have never liked the whole, "your camping with us" crap. You know? I hope I didn't come off like that! Smile Internetz is bad for understandinz sometimes!

But we'll figure something out for Rag! We'll find someplace. I probably won't leave for Rag this year until Sunday night though.

Kolton is my hero. Very Happy He is the only person to ever receive the Ravenwood badge of courage, and for good reason, he is fearless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:57 am

I would love to have Haven share a site with us. But, you know what would be cooler. If they ask for a site as close to ours as possible. TEll tehm it is for chaperone purposes or some BS like that. Maybe then we could get some decent people across the road from us again. (No offense intended Iron wolves.) But, if we can split the road like that, than we can have all the benefits os seperated camps, with teh closeness of our alliance. And, then I won't have to walk as far to help the lost haven fighters...lol Loved that long walk in the woods at war, and the several at Gates too.

Also, If Haven gets the locale across from us, I know we could stake it out for safe keeping easier. kinda looking out for each-other. We could also help do some clearing out ahead of time I beleive. Then if one group runs out of room, there is always room with the other nearby.

I know that I have 2-3 tents worth of Eastern fighters camping with Ravenwood this time, and looking like 3-4 tents from the Caravan. Have you heard anything from Morwinyon yet Eldrin?

I would suggest Alterra take a similar stance on thier camping. With or as close to Ravenwood as possible. It was BS that they got thrown into the friggen tractor turn-around last time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:12 pm

I am very for that idea. I'll have to PM some people on the MidWest boards and see what they say. Hopefully it'll work out well. I'd love to camp close to someone we know this year, especially you guys and Alterra. ^.^

Kairi the Claymore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:30 pm

I would love to go to Rag, I've never been. But I'm not sure if I can yet. How much does Rag cost? and where is it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:31 pm

p.s. I would also like to meet all these people I hear Kairi, Iohn, and Angus always talking about lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:25 pm

I think Ragnarok's preregistration fee last year was something like $45. That's for the whole week. Gas money and food money, etc, will add on top of that. It gets to be pretty expensive, but if you can carpool with someone, it's not so bad.

Kairi the Claymore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Summer

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:31 pm

we can set up for Rag after Gates, me thinks. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Logar

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:38 pm

im sure we can and its like the 2nd week of june i believe ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:22 am

Oh, well I guess I'll keep in touch then, and we'll see if I can make it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:54 am

I was only afraid that Haven would get a really terrible place to camp. I'd rather share than see that happen.

And I really don't think Iron wolves are going to give up there spot, it is Dominion's event, their units will get dibs on campsites. Whether it is fair or not, that is the way it is.

For instance. Morwinyon had the campsite across from Ravenwood for 2 events in a row. We assumed it was claimed by them. We loved having them nearby, we always had such a good time with them as our neighbors. They'd come over and hang at 1 am when I was back to camp and being noisy with my guitar and such(really because I woke them up).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:03 am

Then, Iron wolves set up there gear before the event started! Morwinyon got there at 4am and their campsite was stolen. They had to move way back on in the back....on a path way. They had to camp on a path.

So I invited them to camp with us this year too.

I figured I can't protect the campsites of my friends, but I can protect my campsite from Dominion(Like I said, I'm a pain in the ass otherwise) and I could shelter my friends within our annexed territory(Which is getting bigger and bigger, I made sure of that). Then I also became worried about Haven after I saw what happened to Morwinyon and Alterra this last event. To boot, our campsite was in horrible condition and not cleaned up at all. I want to make sure none of my friends have to suffer and that everyone has a good time.

IDK, I'm going to annex more land when I go up there next just in case Haven needs it(Alterra too). You may not use it, but better safe then sorry. But, you should e-mail Dominion and see(ASAP, they are having the gates meeting soon) if you can get a decent campsite that is close to where Ravenwood camps. if not, at least a decent campsite.

Maybe I just worry too much about you guys, but in my defense, I have seen some pretty shady stuff in the past. When the Iron wolves stole Morwinyon's campsite, it wasn't the first time that same campsite had been stolen by a Dominion Unit. Both times nothing was done about. Morwinyon threatened to stop coming, but I wrote them and asked them to camp with us instead. They were mad, but I think they are still going to come.

But Orrin, I wasn't trying to do something that I thought other Ravenwood people would have a problem with, if I spoke out of turn I'm sorry. I've just been biting my nails about it since War of the Iron fish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angus
Troll

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:30 am

off-topic (my apologies) but NICE Garb, Tygreive. Where did you get that vest? You can PM me, so we don't hijack this thread.

ON-topic: I would love to camp with you guys at Rag, and I would love to camp near you at Gates. Imho, though, I think we'll definitely need our own space. I'm probably being overly optimistic, but I think we can expect way more than 20 Havenors at Gates. Once the weather warms up, a lot more of the Rolla members will return, and if we promote on campus, I'm sure we can get a significant amount of new membership as well, that would want to attend. I know we won't have this many pre-regs, but I would like to aim for closer to fifty people from haven attending Gates. I don't know how big your campsite is, but if we do end up getting that many (time will tell), would there be room for all of them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:58 am

Yeah, not 50, probably 20 though. I might have time to clean up for 30 and I will try. All in all, campsite Ravenwood I should hold 14 tents. Site II(which I will will be cleaning up and cutting down some trees for space) should hold at least 10(probably more). We might accommodate 40-60 people if people listen to the camp master about spacing tents and such.

Tiberius said he would talk to Alterra about the arrangements. However, I will tell you guys how much I got done on the campsite by the first of April. Then we'll know for sure. If haven is going to bring 50 or more people, you guys should defiantly get your own site. I was thinking more in the 15-25 range camping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angus
Troll

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:06 am

yeah, I could be wrong of course, but my impression is that we'll have at least 20-25, (maybe even 25+ pre-regs) I have been wrong about things like this before though, so don't be surprised if I am again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:38 am

hey could i live in the city of the dead??? just wondering... lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:38 pm

Uh. I'm in charge of taking care of who is or isn't pre-registering, and who is or is not planning to go, and I can tell you right now there's basically no chance of having 50 fighters of ours camping. 30 is a much more reasonable but still slightly optimistic number. 25 is probably about accurate.

I'll get on top of e-mailing Dominion about camp space asap, though, so no worries there.

Kairi the Claymore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haven, check it.   

Back to top Go down

Haven, check it.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next