Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guild Charter, official vote

Go down 
4 posters

Ratify this as written?
Yes
Guild Charter, official vote Vote_lcap86%Guild Charter, official vote Vote_rcap
 86% [ 6 ]
No
Guild Charter, official vote Vote_lcap14%Guild Charter, official vote Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Angus
Troll
Angus

Guild Charter, official vote Empty
PostSubject: Guild Charter, official vote   Guild Charter, official vote Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 7:45 am

As of right now, I have these people listed as guild members:

Angus,
Chwiwgwn,
Iohn,
Kairen,
Odin,
Svipdag,
Tygrieve,
and Tyr,

Which makes 8 members. that means that 6 or more "yes" votes and this will be ratified.
I've allowed vote cancelling, so if you don't like it as is, just vote "no". Post specifically what you think should be changed, and I'll try to change it. Once you're satisfied with the way it is, cancel your vote, and change it to "yes"

New South Haven Schmiedennarren Guild Charter
I.Statement of Purpose
A.The purpose of the NSHS is to promote and advance the arts of foamsmithing, armorsmithing, and other related crafts.
II.Challenges
A.Any guild member may issue challenges.
B.Members receive accolades for all challenges completed , other than challenges they have issued.
C.All challenges must be posted on the forums in the NSHS Guild area, and contain the following information:
i.Who the challenge is directed at (one member, a group of members, or the whole guild)
ii. Level of the challenge (novice, apprentice, journeyman, or master)
iii.Terms for completion of the challenge
iv.Timeline, if any (i.e. before Gates, before Rag, etc.)
v.Type of challenge (weaponsmithing, armorsmithing, other)
III.Membership
A.There are four ranks of membership; Novice, Apprentice, Journeyman, and Master, as well as one Guildmaster.
i.Novice
a)Any person may become a novice member simply expressing interest in the guild
Novice members do not have voting rights, but may issue novice-level challenges, and receive accolades for challenges completed.
ii.Apprentice
a)Must have completed at least two challenges of apprentice-level or higher.
b)Must have passed a test on the MoA as administered by a Master of the Guild.
c)Must be voted in by at least 30% of guild members of Apprentice-level or higher
May issue challenges of apprentice level or novice-level
May vote on all guild matters except for journeyman ranking, and master ranking.
iii.Journeyman
a)Must have completed at least three challenges of journeyman-level or higher.
b)Must have attended an inter-realm event with enough passable weapons and armor that they are self-sufficient.
c)Must be voted in by at least 50% of guild members of journeyman-level or higher
May Issue challenges of novice-level, apprentice-level, and journeyman-level.
May vote on all guild matters except for master-ranking.
iv.Master
a)Must have completed at least five master-level challenges
b)Must have attended an inter-realm event with enough passable weapons and armor to loan to at least 3 other people
c)Must complete a masterpiece, which may be any item of their choosing.
d)Must be voted in by a 2/3 majority of current masters of the guild.
May issue challenges of any level
May vote on all guild matters.
v.The Guildmaster
a)Elected by a simple majority of voting Guild members.
Chief executive of the guild
Acts as a master of the guild for purposes of voting and issuing challenges.
B.There are two independent paths of rank that each member may follow, Weaponsmith and Armorsmith.
i.In order to achieve a rank as a weaponsmith, all challenges completed for rank must be weaponsmith challenges, and all previous weaponsmith ranks must have been achieved. The same applies for achieving ranks as an Armorsmith.
iii.The rights of each member to cast ranking votes, and to issue challenges apply only to the path(s) in which they hold rank. (i.e a master weaponsmith may not issue master-level armorsmith challenges unless they are also a master armorsmith, and vice versa)
IV.Ratification
A.This charter shall be ratified, as written, once it has been endorsed by at least 75% of all current guild members.
i.Answering "yes" to the poll, "ratify this as written?" on the guild forum shall be considered an endorsement.
B.This charter may be amended at any time, with the endorsement of 75% of voting members.
i.Any voting guild member may propose an amendment.
ii.To propose an amendment, a member must post the amendment on the forums, in the NSHS section.
ii.Answering "yes" to the poll, "ratify this amendment?" shall be considered an endorsement of the amendment.

Some clarifications:
earning accolades means earning the right to bear some sort of guild symbol and to mark on that symbol your rank, and your challenges completed. I have an example drawn, that can be viewed on the website, in the pictures folder.

Note that right now, anyone who wants to can vote on whether or not to ratify the constitution, where 75% of members is considered to be 75% of people who have stated an interest in joining this guild.

Also note however, that once this is ratified, the guildmaster will be the only voting member. This means it will be his responsibility to issue challenges, write an MoA test, and begin elevating people to their appropriate ranks.

Last edited by Angus on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tygreive

Tygreive

PostSubject: Re: Guild Charter, official vote   Guild Charter, official vote Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:55 pm

I ratify this on the assumption that the ranking system will recieve a MAJOR overhaul once passed.
Back to top Go down
Svipdag

Svipdag

PostSubject: Re: Guild Charter, official vote   Guild Charter, official vote Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:27 pm

I think the ranking system is going to be fine as long as the challenges issued are consistent. I mean, the requirements are going to be defined by the challenges, which we have yet to put in place.
Back to top Go down
Kairen

Kairen

PostSubject: Re: Guild Charter, official vote   Guild Charter, official vote Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 4:51 am

This is the only thing I saw.
IV.Ratification
B.Amendments
i.Any voting guild member may propose an amendment, unless the amendment alters the ranking requirements of a rank that they have not yet attained.

I believe this should be changed so that anyone is able to propose an amendment to anything, including altering higher ranks. The amendment still has to be passed and everything, so I do not see a reason for the second part.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Guild Charter, official vote   Guild Charter, official vote Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:20 am

Kairen wrote:
This is the only thing I saw.
IV.Ratification
B.Amendments
i.Any voting guild member may propose an amendment, unless the amendment alters the ranking requirements of a rank that they have not yet attained.

I believe this should be changed so that anyone is able to propose an amendment to anything, including altering higher ranks. The amendment still has to be passed and everything, so I do not see a reason for the second part.

Good point, I went ahead and changed it.
(I hope nobody who has already approved it has a problem with this change.)

@ Tygreive: I don't see what needs to be changed about the ranking system, I think it's good the way it stands, it will just need to be fleshed out over time, which will happen naturally from the way it's set up. If there's something specific you don't like, you should make mention of it.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Guild Charter, official vote   Guild Charter, official vote Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:25 am

I see 6 "yes" votes so far, which means, assuming only members have voted, that the charter is officially ratified. The guild is now in your hands, Master Svipdag.
Back to top Go down
Svipdag

Svipdag

PostSubject: Re: Guild Charter, official vote   Guild Charter, official vote Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 8:51 am

Kewl, kewl. I'm thinking I resign at the end of the week to open up elections, in which I and anyone else who wants to be GM shall run. In the meantime, campaign? Also we need some ideas for ranking challenges. I've finished the MoA Weapons test, and we know what weaponsmithing entails so... discuss!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Charter, official vote   Guild Charter, official vote Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Charter, official vote
Page 1 of 1