Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

core seperation

Go down 
+2
Odin
Hatchet.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hatchet.

Hatchet.

core seperation Empty
PostSubject: core seperation   core seperation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:28 pm

My blue sword has about 8 inches of its length starting to come off of the core (at the tip of the sword). How should I go about fixing this? Is is alright to just reattach the foam, or should I scrap the blade and build a new one from scratch on the existing core?
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

core seperation Empty
PostSubject: Re: core seperation   core seperation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:58 pm

can the core slide all the way out? if so, remove the core, apply a fair amount of dap, put the core back inside and turn the core so all sides are dapped, then you just need to let it sit for a day or two since dap isn't supposed to be applied in this manner. this is what i did when the head of my war hammer came off the core and it has survived countless fights since then
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

core seperation Empty
PostSubject: Re: core seperation   core seperation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:54 pm

I did similar with my hand axe. Now how is the 8" attached currently?
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

core seperation Empty
PostSubject: Re: core seperation   core seperation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:30 pm

does just it rattle ?
or does it the detached part bend in ond out the correct place when struck?
Back to top Go down
Hatchet.

Hatchet.

core seperation Empty
PostSubject: Re: core seperation   core seperation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:43 pm

You can grab the tip of the sword and twist it about 30 degrees out of position, it's just the tip though. It doesn't twist when striking, however the blade is still "floating" unattached for that length.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

core seperation Empty
PostSubject: Re: core seperation   core seperation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 7:59 pm

hem. u could do surgery and cut off the floating section...only to redap it back on...
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

core seperation Empty
PostSubject: Re: core seperation   core seperation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 10:41 pm

I have dealt with this before. My best suggestion is to remove the cover, cut out a s,all square of SIDE foam. Use ELMERS ULTIMATE GLUE, squeeze alot in there and twist the core a bit to move it around. Add alittle more. Replace the square. Allow to dry 24-48hrs.

The problem with using DAP in the suggested fashion is, Wet DAP re-activates dry DAP. If you are not careful, then all your old DAP can seperate.
Back to top Go down
Eldrin THE BLACK

Eldrin THE BLACK

core seperation Empty
PostSubject: Re: core seperation   core seperation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:47 pm

But if DAP has cured for longer than 7 days it usually won't activate itself again in normal conditions. But Orrin's idea is a good one, I was going to try gorilla glue!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

core seperation Empty
PostSubject: Re: core seperation   core seperation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

core seperation
Page 1 of 1