Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I have a sewing machine now!

Go down 
+2
Kairi Cypmann
Summer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Summer

Summer

I have a sewing machine now! Empty
PostSubject: I have a sewing machine now!   I have a sewing machine now! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:30 am

YAY! after a crash course on using my mom's old sewing machine, I can now become a seamstress for the Haven!

Pics. Very Happy

I have a sewing machine now! Photo0268
Three bags, with a bunch of bracelets to wear! I'll bring the lot to this Wednesday's practice - they are all up for grabs, as long as you promise to use them. Smile

Anyway, I think I can easily make weapon covers, bracelets, and bags. Generally, anything small ((or straight and simple)) right now. I'm going to make a set of garb for myself to get the hang of things, but once I get that done, I'll be more than happy to make anything needed! Just wanted to share the news. Very Happy

((If you want me to make something for you now, just bring me the fabric over to my place. PM me for a time.))

I have a sewing machine now! Photo0270I have a sewing machine now! Photo0269
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: I have a sewing machine now!   I have a sewing machine now! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:36 am

DUDE. O.O I am so super excited right now. You have no idea. I can't wait to see what you've made. X3
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: I have a sewing machine now!   I have a sewing machine now! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:17 am

I'm making a new tunic, so it'd be lovely if I could use your sewing machine (under supervision of course). I know basic sewing skillz with a few advanced techniques, but I'm far from a pro. And some of the stitching required for my tunic pattern is not something I want to manage without a sewing machine. So I'm very grateful to you for allowing us access to it. It'll be invaluable to have a functional machine around!

For those interested in making a relatively easy but very nice looking tunic, this is the pattern I'm using:
http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.php?topic=5902.0
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

PostSubject: Re: I have a sewing machine now!   I have a sewing machine now! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:39 am

Thanks for the excitement, I'm SOOOOO excited as well. I have a pattern for a robe I want to make (AKA a swagg'n sweet arse kimono shiz garb thing), but I'd be more than happy to let you use the Singer, Ian.

I trust you and Cort enough to use it - I'd also be more than happy to show you how to use it. As long as it stays at my house and it doesn't catch on fire, my mom will be fine with it. n_n

((This Singer was bought in 1983 for my mom as a present from my dad. So yeah, this thing has some sentimental value to it. But it works like a charm!))

So yeah, Ian, I'll PM you for a time, thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tygreive

Tygreive

PostSubject: Re: I have a sewing machine now!   I have a sewing machine now! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 6:58 am

oh my god, Iohn!! you just saved my norse ass on that little bit of info!! i thought i was gonna have to buy new garb!
Back to top Go down
Hatchet.

Hatchet.

PostSubject: Re: I have a sewing machine now!   I have a sewing machine now! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:32 pm

I would need to get some heavier fabric if I want to take advantage of this. I made a tunic using that pattern Iohn posted, but the fabric just pulls away from my stitching.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: I have a sewing machine now!   I have a sewing machine now! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 5:59 pm

singers are great machines. it will last forever as long as you take care of it

Howabout sometime we have a garb making session at summer's house sometime?
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

PostSubject: Re: I have a sewing machine now!   I have a sewing machine now! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 6:21 pm

I only have ONE sewing machine, LOL! I don't mind a party, but this party would be me using the damn thing for five hours straight. )_);;;;

Unless I'm missing something. If it's just simple stuff that needed 30 seconds of a sewing machine each, then I guess that would work . . .
Back to top Go down
Hatchet.

Hatchet.

PostSubject: Re: I have a sewing machine now!   I have a sewing machine now! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:30 pm

A lot of the sewing can be done by hand, but for hems or really long seams hand sewing is just awful.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: I have a sewing machine now!   I have a sewing machine now! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:17 pm

well before you sew you need to have the fabric cut and such
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

PostSubject: Re: I have a sewing machine now!   I have a sewing machine now! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:47 pm

so, do we need a party, or would people just individually getting it done make more sense? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: I have a sewing machine now!   I have a sewing machine now! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:35 am

perhaps revervations to use this new machine would be best, rsvp anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a sewing machine now!   I have a sewing machine now! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have a sewing machine now!
Page 1 of 1