Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!?

Go down 
+12
turrinbarturrin
Vala
Malfurion
Kairen
Summer
Logar
Iohn deMar
Kairi Cypmann
Odin
Orrin None-son
Crux
Angus
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!?   WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 1:48 am

I liked it
will read it for sure
Back to top Go down
Octavious

Octavious

PostSubject: Re: WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!?   WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:20 am

Whoops. Forgot about this thread. My bad. You mods can delete my Watchmen thread if you so wish.

Yeah, saw it with Turrin today. Thought it was pretty good. Rorschach was probably my favorite. I liked a lot of the other characters too, mostly Doctor Manhattan and Silk Spectre II. Didn't care a lot for Nite Owl. Surprisingly enough, I found the Comedian to be an interesting character. Once I finish the graphic novel, I'm sure my opinions of characters will change.

But yeah, great movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Barca
Troll
Barca

PostSubject: Re: WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!?   WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:37 am

I love the way they did Rorshach's "face", and he really stole every scene he was in. They really put the focus on him and Dr. Manhattan, and I think a lot of people probably got confused as to who all the character's were (doesn't seemed to have happened on this forum). I think Snyder was a great choice to direct (and I liked the little reference to 300 they did). The only thing I dislike is that a lot of people are going to think of Rorshach as the hero, and I really don't think he was supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Octavious

Octavious

PostSubject: Re: WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!?   WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:06 am

I think whether you consider Rorschach a hero is a question of if what you think happened (read: For the greater good) is a good or bad thing. However, I don't think it was the writer's intention to portray him as a hero. While it was clear to me, I can see how it could be confusing, haha. Especially considering I haven't finished the graphic novel yet.

The cinematography really sold me. While I wasn't a fan of Synder's work with 300 (probably due to the biased Historian in me), this one looked and felt fantastic. I thought the opening credits were wonderfully done as well.
Back to top Go down
Malfurion

Malfurion

PostSubject: Re: WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!?   WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:00 am

Hero or not, I liked his black and white view of justice.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!?   WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Malfurion wrote:

I'm of the same opinion.
Back to top Go down
Octavious

Octavious

PostSubject: Re: WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!?   WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 3:07 pm

Malfurion wrote:

I thought it was interesting, yeah. I'm also glad they made it so clear in the movie.

"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

Heck yeah!
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!?   WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 4:15 pm

i still haven't seen it T.T i was trying to wait to see it with a friend or something, but i'm pretty sure everyone has seen it by now w/o me. lol, i'll just go somtime next week i guess and see it.
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

PostSubject: Re: WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!?   WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 4:31 pm

If you've read the Comic it really helps you figure out who's who, and who are the "heroes". I loved the way, like in the beginning sequence, that they put in the parts in between the actual graphic novel.

With 300, the historian in me was able to overlook it for the awesomeness that it was, also because it was a movie of a comic and not of the actual event.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!?   WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:33 pm

Yeah, and I just assume all movies are historically inaccurate, at least to some extent. Most of the time real history wouldn't make a very good movie, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Crux

Crux

PostSubject: Re: WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!?   WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:45 pm

Yeah, and you always know how they end lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!?   WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?!?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Town Square :: General Discussion-
Jump to: