Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where is everyone?

Go down 
+3
Eldrin THE BLACK
Ansgeirr
Constantine
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Constantine

Constantine

Where is everyone? Empty
PostSubject: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:49 pm

The turnouts at the last few practices were pretty depressing. Hopefully people will be able to make it to more in the future. Have we re-evaluated our availabilities recently? Maybe we need to pick different days or something. Anything to get more people on the field. If turnouts continue on this trend, then regularly scheduled practices won't really be worth it anymore. It seems like a waste of time if no more than 4 people show up.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

Where is everyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:05 pm

that's actually quite sad Sad

i mean, in Norman that's how many i get when i just call people and say hey lets fight

i might randomly show up again, so you all should be ready Razz
Back to top Go down
Eldrin THE BLACK

Eldrin THE BLACK

Where is everyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:49 pm

sive autem tribulamur pro vestra exhortatione et salute sive exhortamur pro vestra exhortatione quae operatur in tolerantia earundem passionum quas et nos patimur
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

Where is everyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:33 am

my very valid reason is SLEEP
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Where is everyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:23 pm

validity applies to arguments, not statements :p
Back to top Go down
Eldrin THE BLACK

Eldrin THE BLACK

Where is everyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:55 pm

Odin wrote:
validity applies to arguments, not statements :p

Someone just finished philosophy class, eh? In the context of argument/logic/philosophy you are correct. In general context, however, valid can mean "just" or "true". While "true" does not apply to the situation, "just" does.

Besides, he is making a valid, implied argument that is left to the audience to infer. The implied syllogism might be stated as;

1. Dagorhir practice occurs during hours when I get sleep.

2. I need sleep to function properly at school and work(hanging implication-"Which are both equally important and more important than Dagorhir)

C. Therefore, it is acceptable to miss Dagorhir practice in order to sleep.

This is indeed a valid argument and makes the conclusion valid reasoning and therefore a valid reason.

Really what I was trying to say though was; "Odin you like logic/philosophy/argument too? Can we be friends?"

But coming out and saying that would just seem.....wussy! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Where is everyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Too much thinking for my brain today. My head hurts bad.

I wasn't practice the last two weeks due to family being in town, birthday parties, etc. I actually won't be at practice next week, either, since I'll be out of state. So hopefully I can make it to tomorrow and this coming Sunday. Sadly I have a horrible sinus infection and the flu, so I'm not sure how that's going to work out at the moment. ;.;
Back to top Go down
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

Where is everyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:46 pm

what's up with the C?
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Where is everyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:07 am

1= 1st premises
2= 2nd premises
C= conclusion

and in regards to Eldrin, yes phil. and logic, and im considering minoring it it

i would argue that the order of the premises be switched, though it doesn't really matter, i just prefer the first premises to be the most agreeable one.

and btw bravo to your interpretation, i see no way to prove one of those statements false with a good argument, and i agree with all the implied statements. although it only works so long as "Dagorhir is less important than..." holds true (which i think it does)

In other words: "Yes i do! let's be friend Smile"
Back to top Go down
Eldrin THE BLACK

Eldrin THE BLACK

Where is everyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:49 am

!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eldrin THE BLACK

Eldrin THE BLACK

Where is everyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:49 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

Where is everyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:30 pm

I'm not at practice because I'm 500 miles away on vacation. Sorry...be back in a week and a half.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where is everyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is everyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Town Square :: General Discussion-
Jump to: