Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Boffer Club Bylaws, ect.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

Boffer Club Bylaws, ect. Empty
PostSubject: Boffer Club Bylaws, ect.   Boffer Club Bylaws, ect. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:06 am

I'm not sure what the status of our constitution is, but I took the liberty of writing up a manual of arms for Boffer Club. Its almost a carbon copy of the Dagorhir rules set current to 2009 Rag War Council. However, the manual of arms I drafted does NOT include construction rules. That I'm drafting as a separate document simply for the ease of reading. I find that the Dag version reads very awkwardly since a lot of construction rules are thrown in with combat rules and everything gets pretty jumbled after about page 2. I'm not going to post the whole thing here (its almost 6 pages) but the general outline is as follows:

-Brief description of combat, ect.
1. Participation: minimum age 16, garb, waiver
2. General rules: endangering safety ect., Herald as referee
3. Combat, weapon types, and shields: blue, red, green, yellow, white...shield rules
4. Target zones: hit locations defined
5. Judging hits: honor-based, hits from melee and missile weapons, anvilling, rhinohiding, ect.
6. Damage and wounds: weapon damage (red, blue...), two-limb rule, ect.
7. Armor: protection vs., protects only area it covers, ect.
8. Grappling, shield bashing and kicking: armored & unarmored combatants, shield checking, bashing, kicking.

If anyone wants a full copy, PM me your email and I'll send it your way. I'm currently working on construction rules and should be finished soon.
Back to top Go down
Barca
Troll
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Boffer Club Bylaws, ect.   Boffer Club Bylaws, ect. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:15 am

I'll definitely wan these at some point.

On a slightly related note, does anyone have the most current revised constitution, I think if we get that turned in the very first week of school, we'll have a good chance of getting feedback quickly, so it doesn't matter if it's not completely finished.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Boffer Club Bylaws, ect.   Boffer Club Bylaws, ect. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:28 am

I think Chwiwgwn has it somewhere...
And I'll send you a copy of the manual of arms to your school email.
Back to top Go down
Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar

Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar

PostSubject: Re: Boffer Club Bylaws, ect.   Boffer Club Bylaws, ect. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:33 pm

yes I have it, and I am going to meet with Dr. Leach, our advisor, as soon as possible, which will be sometime during the first week of classes, though it may also be during opening week. Once he has a chance to go over it and agrees with it, then I am going to turn it in to Gerard. Also I would love to have a copy of that Manual of Arms Iohn. I'll send a pm with my email.

I would also like to add that if anyone wants a copy of the constitution then I "could" email it too them or I could get you a copy the first week of school. If you want it emailed though I can't promise how quickly I'll get it to you.

Last edited by Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to prevent double post)
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Boffer Club Bylaws, ect.   Boffer Club Bylaws, ect. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 9:31 pm

I'd like a current copy of the constitution, Chwiwgwn.

And I just finished the first draft of the weapon construction document. Again, If you want it I'll email it your way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boffer Club Bylaws, ect.   Boffer Club Bylaws, ect. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boffer Club Bylaws, ect.
Page 1 of 1