HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angus
Troll

PostSubject: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:40 am

Since there's nothing up about it yet, Copypasta'd from the main Dag boards;

Krystal:
It's never too early to start pimping the next events back home (especially since Rag is over). So here I am, to tell YOU - that not only have we solidified the dates for War of the Iron Fist.. but loves, we have EXTENDED it.

That's right, this year War of the Iron Fist is going to be a Four-Day Event!

Going from September 17th-20th, we're already planning on how to make Friday a much more memorable day for fighting and socializing, and putting together an event that will - quite possibly - top every other event Dominion has ever run.

Keep watching this space, we'll be adding information as we finish up details on tournaments, or check out the Midwest boards and PM Kulprit if you wanna get in touch with us and offer your own input on some killer battles, tournaments, or suggestions to help make this one of the best Midwest events out there.

We're still at our same location in Holden, MO (for now!) and you can check us out on the Google Maps thread Soulsar has put together here: http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.php?topic=12116.0

~ ♥ Krystal

EDITED TO INCLUDE:

Event Fees: 15.00 for the entire 4 day weekend -if- you pre-reg! Pre-reg opens up in the beginning of August. Likewise, we'll still be charging the $20 for those paying on-site. For questions regarding day passes, please contact either myself or Nyt on the Midwest boards.

Camp Clean Up Dates: We're doing a camp clean-up event both Saturday, August 29th and September 12th to gear up for War of the Iron Fist. Anyone and everyone from neighboring realms is more than welcome to attend and help prepare for the biggest fall Dagorhir event in the Midwest. Clean up is from 12-4pm and we highly advise long pants, long sleeved shirts, and lots of yard equipment!

Arrival Information: Since we're extending the event to include Thursday, arrival on Thursday is limited. We can't have anyone arriving before 5pm on Thursday, and there will also be an overnight cut-off. This is simply because we can't guarantee we'll have enough people on-hand to handle folks trickling in over night. After the Thursday night cutoff, Troll will re-open on Friday morning at 9am. We will have people on hand Thursday to handle troll, so don't worry!

Weapons Check: Since Friday is going to be as chock full of battles as Saturday, we will be holding a weapons check from 9-11AM on both Friday AND Saturday morning. Much like "Rag Rules" - melee weapons/shields/armor checked on Friday will not have to be re-checked on Saturday. Missile weapons will still be checked every day. Please note: the RWC changes have -not- yet taken effect and will therefore -NOT- be enforced on arrows and javelins. However, please be aware that our weapons checking team will be placing a 'Warning' tag on your flight weapons that either are close to, or currently, failing the newest specifications. They will still be legal, but we are doing our best to circumvent potential problems in the future by letting everyone know if their stuff is borderline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:53 pm

This is great, thanks Angus!

"Or I will Moderator all your butts laugh do a little dance and eat a scone"
-Turrin barTurrin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:12 am

We need to discuss whether or not we want to camp, or do that half set up camp idea and then actually sleep at houses nearby. Due to the last many events I've been to, I'm inclined to like the latter better-- especially since it includes the ability to take a nice hot shower at the end of every day, haha.

Kairi the Claymore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:53 pm

I like the latter idea as well, though then we possibly miss out on all the fun of hanging around a campfire
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:29 pm

Well, the plan was to set up a campfire area, a tarp, and some fold-out chairs. We'd chill out there till late at night around our camp area and visit other camp areas, then drive home, shower, sleep, and come back the next day. So theoretically you wouldn't be missing much other than sleeping in the mud.

Kairi the Claymore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Odin

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:26 pm

aaaand sold.

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Anyone wanting to stay and camp, but not wanting to camp alone is welcome to join our campsite. And I FULLY intend ot come visit you guys and to heck with peoples opinions, you are my firends and I plan to hang out.

Also..... I gonna pick a few fights and duel a few of you...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:08 am

Alright!! I don't like sleeping in the mud Razz
How far is this battle from Rolla?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angus
Troll

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:07 am

It's in the same place as the last one, on Stewart's farm about 2.5-3 hours from Rolla.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:34 pm

so same place as gates of summer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Odin

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:40 pm

yes,
and i know this is still a ways off, but are we planning on staying all four days? i'm not too sure i'll be able to miss two days of classes

Angus
Troll

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:25 pm

Yeah, I doubt any of us will be able to miss 2 days of classes. I would guess there'd be two groups, one leaving Thurs afternoon (the lucky few that can skip their Friday classes) and a larger group leaving Friday after classes. Of course, we may just all leave on Friday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:22 am

Orrin None-son wrote:
And I FULLY intend ot come visit you guys and to heck with peoples opinions, you are my firends and I plan to hang out.

Who has opinions that would stop you from hanging out with us? ;.;

I definitely intend to not miss classes, so I'll be leaving Friday afternoon. We should start getting a list of people coming as soon as we get to Rolla, that way we know how many people we'll be hosting for sleep-time (among other things that list would be helpful for).

Kairi the Claymore
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:30 am

I will try to come, if i can make it I will give the money within the first 2 weeks of classes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:06 pm

Been discussed before, and I just plan to ignore it....should not have brought it back up.

And besides, I would like to have a sit down with you and iohn anyways, nothing bad but I think there may be some confusion about a few things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crux

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:20 pm

I'll try to get a truman showing if enough people want to go, it's not too far away from us anyhow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Logar

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:29 pm

HEY HEY..... WHO'S GOING?????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Summer

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:38 am

Apologies, by Nick and I won't be there - we got that camping trip before that weekend (which will tire us of camping), and Nick decided he'd rather have a TB hard drive (six month present from me) than pay for my gas/food/etc and get up there. No worries - I need a decent weapon set to be done anyway before I can get back into boffering seriously. Razz

So, takes pictures for me. <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyr

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Summer wrote:
I need a decent weapon set to be done anyway before I can get back into boffering seriously. Razz

QFT, you don't need a weapon set, i go out on the field without weapons at all Smile

in fact sometimes to make the teams even they do that to me Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angus
Troll

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:57 pm

There's a guy that's been going to rolla boffer practices lately, he goes by the name Squall. I think you would get along well with him, Tyr. He is a Berserker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angus
Troll

PostSubject: Srsly, u guys   Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:07 pm

u guys, srsly, we need to start announcing WotIF at practices. 2 weeks! 2 WEEKS! That's happening like, soon, man...

Do we have Pre-reg forms yet? Is it even possible to Pre-Reg this late? I would love to see all of the people who've been coming to practices show up at WotIF, but on such short notice, I don't know...
On the other hand, once classes start picking up, we'll be getting lower numbers 'cuz some people seem to think that *school* is more important than DAGORHIR. So it's in everyone's best interest to make it to this one, before they get too busy with classes.

tl;dr If you can only do one thing this fall, then WAR OF THE IRON FIST!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angus
Troll

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Also, I will be attending this event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Odin

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:06 am

who all is going?

Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:45 am

Myself, Kairi, Angus, Anndra, Tyr, Logar...those are all that have confirmed. I'm certain others will be there as well. But fear not. With an estimated attendance of over 400, if we're short on a few people it won't impact the fun of the event too much. On the other hand, the more the merrier.

"Or I will Moderator all your butts laugh do a little dance and eat a scone"
-Turrin barTurrin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Odin

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:31 am

ok second question, are we camping or going back to houses as decided last time?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009   

Back to top Go down

War of the Iron Fist VI, SEP 17-20, 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next