Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angus
Troll
Angus

Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23 Empty
PostSubject: Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23   Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:54 am

This event is taking place the weekend before classes start, which means there's no excuse not to go, since summer jobs will be over, and fall classes won't have begun yet.
it is being held here, Ozark Avalon which is a wicked cool place, from the look of their website. It's a huge plot of land that is communally owned and operated by a group of actual Pagan(Wiccan)s.
Centrawoven is running the event, which means it should be very entertaining. All biases aside, I really have fought at a couple centrawoven practices, and one of their great strengths is the diversity of scenarios that they run, and their ability to keep things moving smoothly. I have heard that they have some extra special Tolkien inspired battles cooked up, and I expect this to be a very exciting event.
It's also not as far away from Rolla as Holden, so the drive won't be as bad.

This is one event I would hate to miss, so I hope some other Havenors will join me in carpooling out there. It's also not that far away, so people who are interested ought to start making arrangements soon.
Back to top Go down
Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23   Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:41 pm

I should be able to come, if i can hitch a ride with someone. I'll already be in rolla. I just have to check my schedule to see if i'm working.
Back to top Go down
Hatchet.

Hatchet.

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23   Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:49 am

I'll be in town but that might be the float trip weekend for the team. If not I should be able to go and have room to take a few with me.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23   Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:24 am

I'll be moving back to Rolla on the 21st, so I doubt I'll be able to. ;.; Which sucks, because I would really love to go. There's just too much I have to do in those three days before classes start, though. I wish I'd known sooner. ._.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23   Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:32 am

Does this one cost anything? If so then I won't be able to, may not be able to anyway.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23   Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:45 am

As far as I know, the only cost is the $10 per night per person (or $20 per carload per night) that Ozark Avalon charges for camping. I think I owe you for some chainmailing you did for me, Chwiwgwn, so I'll cover your camping fee If you and I end up being able to go. Otherwise, I can cover your entrance fee for WotIF VI, assuming you will make it to that.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23   Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 4:15 pm

I'd love to go, but raincheck until I know what I need to do before school starts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23   Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle for Middle Earth, Aug 21-23
Page 1 of 1