Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New kukri design

Go down 
+6
Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar
Odin
Orrin None-son
Kairi Cypmann
Barca
Iohn deMar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Still in progress...but this is my idea so far.

New kukri design Svg2raster
Back to top Go down
Barca
Troll
Barca

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 pm

How long is it going to be?

Just my opinion, but you might be better off calling it a tanto or wakizashi, as the kukri has a straight handle, and the blade's straight for a little bit before curving.

Anyway, good luck.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:34 pm

If you make one of these successfully and I like it, I plan to commission one from you. I'd love to have a kukri.
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:14 am

Also, Kukhri are only about 20inchs. though that design closer resembles either a khopesh or a greek Xiphos.

Name aside... what core are you aiming for? I would love to see this thing when finished.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:35 pm

Will post pics soon. I finished it the other day, and although I opted out of a crossguard I really like how it looks and handles. Core is 0.5 SCH 40 PVC.

And yeah, I suppose its more of a xiphos, but I was inspired by the kukri, lol!
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:30 pm

how did that curved blue w the curved handle turn out?
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:58 am

Good luck, would love to see it at War.
Back to top Go down

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:01 pm

have you got pictures up yet? I'm trying to make a similar blade...and though I want to curve the blade I am not certain how to do so, any ideas?
Back to top Go down
hyper

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:40 pm

what core are you using?
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:51 pm

he said allready silly
looks cool man heavy counter weight to keep it from being blade evy or no?
Back to top Go down
hyper

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:00 pm

meant to ask findarato, and if it is also pvc, cap it, wear gloves, and pour boiling water down the pipe and bend it some
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar wrote:
I'm trying to make a similar blade...and though I want to curve the blade I am not certain how to do so, any ideas?

if it's pvc then hyper is right. i've used this meathod before and it works very well
Back to top Go down

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:19 pm

and if it is fiberglass or something else?
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:29 pm

its going to smexy
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:06 pm

best bet on curved fiberglass to do to what angus has suggested, go to lowes and pick up a fiberglass kit. take some balsa wood and shape it to how u want your core, then apply the fiberglass for a strong custom shape
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:39 pm

Or just build it using the Sandwich style.
Back to top Go down

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 7:59 pm

hmmm the lowes way sounds good, but what is the SAndwich style?
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Aodhfin Dragonwalker

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:47 pm

That is awesomesauce. And what's this I hear about fiberglass kits and balsa? How does this work? And I don't really know anyone from Haven other than Fallen Clan members, but I wanna know how to make those smexy, smexy weapons. Post a tutorial? Pwease? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.midgar.forumotion.net
Odin

Odin

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:17 pm

i'd pm angus for full details, but from what i remember him telling me, you take a strip of balsa and carve it to your desired core, then apply the fiberglass in some form, and bake it if i remember...but yeah point is custom shapes that will last
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:21 pm

Yeah, didn't really like the way the sword handled so I gave it to a friend. And Orrin, you were right. Sandwich method would have been the better method. All in all, it was a fun experiment but I wouldn't recommend the design based on maneuverability.
Back to top Go down
kurai

kurai

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Kukri's are a very functional and usable design, just depends on how you're using it I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:38 pm

kurai wrote:
Kukri's are a very functional and usable design, just depends on how you're using it I suppose.

Probably also on how the sword turns out. >.>;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New kukri design Empty
PostSubject: Re: New kukri design   New kukri design Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New kukri design
Page 1 of 1