HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

From Percival of Lyonesse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kurai

PostSubject: From Percival of Lyonesse   Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:29 am

Started by Percival on the midwest boards. Please please please give feedback.

[quote author=percival board=plaza thread=1420 post=16173 time=1255627138]I know $ is tight throw out daorhir in this part of the world, and will probably kill this thought in the whom. Still it is nice to play what if.

What if this crazy, wild bunch, eclectic, separate realms (unit, and factions) in the mid west could find away to bring us all together once a month. I think i count 9 realms MO realm (10 if you count Lyonesse that is really close). It is a beautiful but unrealistic thought. We could produce the size of battles they do in DC and parts of Ohio, but with a mid west flavor.

In this fairy tale world Gates and War would count for April and Sept. Perhaps one - two more from Dus. Lyonesse could take 2 or 3 totally, CW takes 2, RW has broken wheel and Shieldmeet. It is the best thought that will never happen. RW is the hard part, they would have the longest to travel , for 8 to 9 of these. As well they are the longest to travel to for most of the rest of us. This is a total shame cuz the thought of seeing the likes Orrin, Eldren , Ash and company makes this a really good idea.

I would hate to get this off the ground w/o RW, it just does not seem right. We are playing the what if game anyway. So if we focus on the KC area + 30 mins. That Gives you CW, DUS Lyonesse and Haven and there is a new realm in Paola Ks. (they are real new and Paola to Warrensburg is a heck of a drive)

I doubt this will happen. I know in other parts of the country fighters travel 1 - 2 hrs monthly for a large scale battle. Even in Lyonesse while 80% of us travel 2o mins or less to battle. We have 3 and possibly 4 that travel a hour. Then there is a couple that comes from Wichita every week, that 3 hours. So it can be done, but that is a small scale.

It is a nice thought. Are there any other dreams out there.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Odin

PostSubject: Re: From Percival of Lyonesse   Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:08 am

being that Haven has a bunch of college kids, i'm not sure we'll make all of these, i personally could afford maybe 3 including gates and war, sad Sad

kurai

PostSubject: Re: From Percival of Lyonesse   Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:24 am

I encourage each of you to go to the midwest boards and read up on the developing conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator

PostSubject: Re: From Percival of Lyonesse   Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:28 pm

It would be more economical and IMO practical to work on improving our existing events. The ones where the majority of these groups can attend. OR, designate a single event that does not coincide with RAG that everyone would be encouraged to attend.

And possibly invite cross-gamers.

"Or I will Moderator all your butts laugh do a little dance and eat a scone"
-Turrin barTurrin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angus
Troll

PostSubject: Re: From Percival of Lyonesse   Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:48 pm

This might be doable if events were more centrally located (like between Columbia and Jeff City) and if more of them were day events, where there's no or very little entrance fee, and we use public land instead of having to rent a campground. I would love for there to be at least one realm battle/day event in the midwest every month. (Even December and January, Arrggh 'pirat')
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angus
Troll

PostSubject: Re: From Percival of Lyonesse   Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:55 pm

Iohn de Mar wrote:
It would be more economical and IMO practical to work on improving our existing events. The ones where the majority of these groups can attend. OR, designate a single event that does not coincide with RAG that everyone would be encouraged to attend.

And definitely invite cross-gamers. I think their presence at our practices really enriches our experience, and makes us all better fighters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: From Percival of Lyonesse   Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Iohn de Mar wrote:

Seconded. I'm also in the same boat as Odin, and I know a vast majority of Haven can't even make Gates and War due to funds, so I know they're even worse off than us. ._.

Kairi the Claymore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyr

PostSubject: Re: From Percival of Lyonesse   Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:55 pm

I will say this, i am fully for this, though i don't know if this will be off the ground in time for me, but imo if people get to see eachother more often i think it would be less likely the parties would be a extreme as they are at big events, since you get to see everyone so often people would be less likely to show off as much. by drining and such...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Odin

PostSubject: Re: From Percival of Lyonesse   Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:48 am

...we should pursue this topic on the main boards, as suggested, not much point agreeing with ourselves, lol

Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: From Percival of Lyonesse   Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:27 am

Iohn de Mar wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angus
Troll

PostSubject: Re: From Percival of Lyonesse   Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:59 am

I went perusing, and could not find this thread on the midwest boards. could you post a link on here? I'd love to join this discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Khyn

PostSubject: Re: From Percival of Lyonesse   Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:05 pm

linkage
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: From Percival of Lyonesse   Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Bumping this thread, as some more serious discussion is beginning to take place on the MidWest boards about possibly seeing this happen. I'd encourage any Havener to join the boards and give input or help out wherever you're able.

Kairi the Claymore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Percival of Lyonesse   

Back to top Go down

From Percival of Lyonesse
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1