Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rides to Rag!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kurai

kurai

Rides to Rag! Empty
PostSubject: Rides to Rag!   Rides to Rag! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:01 am

POST EDITED for MISCALCULTAIONS! everything that changed is now in bold.

Alright, I know it's still a little early to be planning rides to Rag, but better sooner than later, right? Most times we go in small groups and end up paying a couple hundred just for gas to get to Rag and back. This is even more true with Rag moving further away.

Now, here's the point of this post. Kye's mother is a bus driver. She has worked it out with her boss that we can rent a bus with cargo space and room for 54(two to a seat) people to take to Rag! Along with a discount if Kye's mother drives, which she has offered to. The trip would run roughly 13-16 hours from Warrensburg. The cost would be 65 dollars an hour. Crunching the numbers that comes out to $3900-ish plus the unknown discount. Now, that's quite a lot of money. However, with only twenty people riding that becomes 195 each, at thirty it's $130, 40 people is 97 dollars, 50 is 78 dollars and so on. Obviously, the more people we have, the better the deal gets. This isn't including the discount from Kye's mother doing the driving. (When I know what that discount equals, I'll let you know). I feel that this could be an exciting and convenient opportunity for the midwest chapters to charter a bus for much less per person than what the ride to rag might normally cost.

[/walltext]

Please think about it and give feedback. There is still plenty of time till Ragnarok to make this a convenient and hopefully inexpensive trip for everyone.

EDIT: sorry guys i hope this doesn't seem like a waste of time, now. I stll need to know if everyone is still wanting to do this. so i also URGE you to get as MANY people as posibble. And the One person per seat is probably not gonna happen, unless we have the room(Hence packing lightly) there are three storage boxes under the bus, but only room enough for some tents and some duffles. I am thinking on useing the last 4 or so seats as extra storage. So from the total of 54 seating (two to a seat) it is now going to 48. If we have more than 48 or double that, we can get another bus, however the same rate applies. ALSO don't forget that the entry price for Ragnarok has went up. keep that in mind when adding your money stash! Very Happy

PS. the prices were run for a total of 60 hours, as she must make two trips one there and back and then there and back again, just in case your confused Smile

Last edited by kurai on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

Rides to Rag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rides to Rag!   Rides to Rag! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:36 am

This sounds awesome. That is a great deal. How soon do I need to RSVP before Rag?
Back to top Go down
kurai

kurai

Rides to Rag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rides to Rag!   Rides to Rag! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:41 am

It would be most helpful if you could keep a list of people interested, and pm that to me or message it to me, either here or on another board. As soon as you like, you can reserve a spot. I realize this is still quite a ways away and plans are known to change, but, and this is to everyone, please don't rsvp unless you are fairly sure.

Iohn, you're on the list. Wink
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

Rides to Rag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rides to Rag!   Rides to Rag! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:41 am

If I can, I will. I will work very hard to keep that week open this summer. I probably can't spend more than $150.00 on the trip, (meaning $200 max, with food and spending money.) I don't know where I'm working this summer, but wherever I go, I will try to take that week off for sure.
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

Rides to Rag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rides to Rag!   Rides to Rag! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:50 am

wow this sounds great!!!! I may buy in no way to know for sure this early but im def interested!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

Rides to Rag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rides to Rag!   Rides to Rag! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:56 am

If I can make the bus (espcially if the route takes it near wherever I'm working) and I have the money that sounds like an awesome plan.
Back to top Go down
kurai

kurai

Rides to Rag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rides to Rag!   Rides to Rag! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:15 am

Updated Info in first post.
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

Rides to Rag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rides to Rag!   Rides to Rag! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 6:20 am

numbers still look great. I should know by January if I can go and make a commitment to ride ye bus!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rides to Rag! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rides to Rag!   Rides to Rag! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rides to Rag!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Bulletin Board :: Upcoming Events-
Jump to: