Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bringing back Haven ranks

Go down 
+12
Logar
Angus
Orrin None-son
hyper
Constantine
Kairi Cypmann
Barca
Anndra Kenzie
Crux
Tyr
Odin
Iohn deMar
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Angus
Troll
Angus

Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:57 am

We will have Higher expectations of higher level fighters.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Wow. That is the nerdiest, most awesome ranking system ever. You sir, have just won yourself an internet. Also, Rag is 7 days. So wouldn't that count as 7XP?

Tolkien Wars(?) - 3XP
WotIF IV - 3XP
GoS V - 3XP
Rag 24 - 7XP
WotIF V - 3XP
GoS VI - 3XP
WotIF VI - 3XP
50 months - 25XP

50XP
Iohn deMar, Lvl 10 Human Knight
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Thank you, and yes. Ragnarok is worth 7XP (slightly more than 1 level)
But, you are counting both practices and events. It's one or the other, not both. You have 25 XP from events, and 25 XP from practices, thus you have 25 XP since they are both the same. Thus you gain about 1 level per year spent in Dag, whether you just go to practices, just go to events, or both.

You are level 6.
(level 1, plus 1 for every 5 XP)
Back to top Go down
Barca
Troll
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Angus wrote:
Thus you gain about 1 level per year spent in Dag, whether you just go to practices, just go to events, or both.

It seems like you should just got the total amount of xp, so you don't penalize people that go to practices and events, since they would be more experienced, and I think it would give incentive to come to both practice and events instead of specializing

So let's see
Practice:since I didn't do anything over summer
2008-4 months
2009-8 months
2010-4 months
=16 months=8 points

Events:
2 days at Gates (whichever one that was)
~1 day at War (whichever one that was)
=3 points
8+3=11=2 levels

so, Barca, level 3 Fighter
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:23 pm

Yeah, Okay, you're right Barca.
So, Iohn is level 11, and I am level 5.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:15 am

Haha, that is definitely a nerdy system. I have a few questions about it:

Does the system consider only days fighting? Would non-coms still get XP for attending events and practices? (Do we have non-coms?) Would fighters need people to vouch for their participation in combat in order to get XP, or does somebody just have to say they were there for the practices/event days?
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:16 am

soooo your sayin if i show up in neon spandex you wont let me uhnz the field t.t i wont even use weapons... lol
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:00 pm

It's just an honor system, and days include any day that you are at an event, not just days spent fighting. (This is because a weekend camping event is more of an experience than a 1-day event, even though there may only be one day of fighting)
Non-coms get experience from events too.(since it's just days there, not days fighting.)
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:21 pm

i like bein random, and i can't get xp for practices cause well i've been away, adn darn you for actually makin me think of how many events an days i've been to them, good god... T.T also, belegarth does their ranking system quite similar to this.

2 years of dag, i'm not even goin to try and count the number of practices lol
but ~ 24 months (i took time out since i was at basic and tech school and couldnt make it to any practices cause of location and time)
and do Ravenwood realm battles count? cause their was more then one realm represented every time.

WoTFIV: 3
GoSIV:3
Ludi:1
Broken wheel(both times):2
GoSV:3
WoTFV:4
GoSVI:3

practices:12 events:19

So Tyr is lvl 6?

also hope u don't mind my cuting in, not sure you still count me as part of the realm being way out here Razz

Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:39 am

Tyr. Blargh. That is all.

also, you have 31 XP, which means you have Gained 6 levels. Thus you are level 7.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:28 pm

blargh? and i thought you kept them seperate lol, and you still never answered if realm battles counted lol.. also, i didn't count this year a 2008 seperate considering i didn't join till april of 2008 lol... Razz
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:08 am

Points for doing park days.....and going to events......and gaining levels.....welcome to Amtgard my friends Smile
Back to top Go down
Logar

Logar

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:09 am

GoS=9 (3 times)
WoIF=6 (twice)
Dark Tides=3
Broken wheel=1
Stormwrath Invasion=1
Centrawoven Invasion=1
Ravenwood Realm Battles=7(at least)
Lost in the Woods Battle=2
Shieldmeet=1
Knights of Providence Autum ranking battley thing?=1 (maybe?)
At least 16 months of practices since I started in february of 2008

So if everything matters, and I DIDN'T forget something. I have like 48.... so, Level 9 Urkzimuthi Wise-Son? scratch
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:25 am

...yeah i fully endorse not doing this...haha
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:37 pm

why do you endorse not doing this?
Bear in mind, the levels don't really mean anything. You still don't get superpowers or the ability to throw lightning bolts. It's just a convenient way of measuring experience in Dag.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:10 pm

sooo we are counting realm battles? if so i need to add like 5 Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:46 pm

sooo, Tyr lvl 8 ninja immortal? and i kinda like this, if you notice those who have higher lvls are more experienced an kinda better fighters, no offence to anyone and i'm not bragging i swear.. i'm only good for suicide charges and def.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:02 am

Angus wrote:
why do you endorse not doing this?
Bear in mind, the levels don't really mean anything. ... . It's just a convenient way of measuring experience in Dag.

1. Because the levels don't mean anything, as you said.
2. I think you skill should set you above the others, not how many events you've been to.
i.e. you should be respected for your fighting abilities, not how long you've been in or how high your level is.
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:27 am

So, I just counted them up and had 76....... I like.
Back to top Go down
Logar

Logar

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:37 pm

If you want a fair ranking that goes by fighting experience? Tournament of everyone in the realm, winner gets a rank/ title. Just straight up, 1v1, any weapon set, fights to the death. Boom. Done.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:22 pm

i think a ranking system should be made up of completion of fighting trials and attending events/practices.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Nothing can set you above the other people in your realm, except for the other people in your realm. I can't give you a title, and then force the other people to show you more respect because you have a title.
Each person decides for themselves how they will respect you or not respect you.
I have no control over that.
This system is for fun only, and not intended for serious. (which is what all ranks are, imho)
Back to top Go down
Barca
Troll
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:05 pm

The system could probably be amended so that competitions could increase levels

say: 1 tournament a semester with everyone we can get, winner instantly goes up a level, 2nd gets 3xp or so

maybe there could be themed trials once a month, completing a trial gets 3xp
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:54 pm

Naw. Keep it simple and fun. That's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:53 am

i'm with iohn, the simpler the better, and if you do that then people who aren't in Rolla would then be at a disadvantage comparitivly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bringing back Haven ranks   Bringing back Haven ranks - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bringing back Haven ranks
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next