Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character Personalities...

Go down 
+6
Svipdag
Elysia Faal
Kairi Cypmann
Tyr
turrinbarturrin
Vala
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

Character Personalities... Empty
PostSubject: Character Personalities...   Character Personalities... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:15 pm

This just crossed my mind today, I'd pondered it before, but now I'm curious....
What if...(yeah yeah, I know groan and moan it's a what-if scenerio)

but What if our dag character personality is much much different from our real personality?
Does that mean on the board I post as the character or myself? What about at practice?
I mean, technically we're supposed to have characters and be those characters since this is a form of role play we have going on here. And this is supposed to be different from real life, have a semblance of realism but for the most part, it's just a game and like DnD we don't have to be ourselves. But to what extent does that go as far as interaction?

O_o
Or maybe I'm just being weird.
I don't know anymore....

alien
Back to top Go down
https://gatesofhaven.forumotion.net
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: Character Personalities...   Character Personalities... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:22 pm

idk what your asking??
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Character Personalities...   Character Personalities... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:37 pm

she is asking do you go as yourself or your dag char? to which i know not.. but i am me, me is who i am i am TYR.

Last edited by Tyr on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: Character Personalities...   Character Personalities... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:56 pm

Tyrannus wrote:
she is asking do you go as yourself or your dag char? to which i know not.. but i am me, me is who i am i am TYRANNUS.
Go? as in to WAR???
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Character Personalities...   Character Personalities... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:06 pm

My personal opinion and advice: Create a section on the boards similar to the creative outlet, but specifically for the purpose of role play. That way, people still have an area to be their character on the internet, because on the battlefield we should all try and be in character as much as possible (though even I fail at that half the time -.-).
In general posts on here, it's probably better that you keep your character separate unless your character is so similar to you that it doesn't matter (which would probably be the case with me).

That'd be my answer/opinion. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Character Personalities...   Character Personalities... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:19 am

no as in everything to do with dag..
Back to top Go down
Elysia Faal

Elysia Faal

PostSubject: Re: Character Personalities...   Character Personalities... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 3:43 am

I always wondered the same thing, Vala.
Back to top Go down
Svipdag

Svipdag

PostSubject: Re: Character Personalities...   Character Personalities... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 3:57 am

Since we choose what our characters are like, I'd say RP everywhere and anywhere Dag-related because its fun. Of course, if you don't want to, that would defeat the purpose so forcing it anywhere other than a for-fun RP thread would be a bad plan, in my opinion

*edit* though my perspective is probably a little skewed. I usually RP with a personality pretty close to my own, so wether I wrote a note as Svip or Sam my point would be the same. If my opinion differed from my character, I'm not sure what I'd do. I think I'd just decide on one or the other based on wether the issue would affect myself (outside of Dag) or my character (in Dag) *edit*
Back to top Go down
Raynne

Raynne

PostSubject: Re: Character Personalities...   Character Personalities... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:26 pm

I tend to do characters different from my self. THough I usually save the deep character roleplaying for events and in battle and such, mostly so people only think I am a little insane instead of completly isane. I will be in my Raynne character most of war it will be fun.
Back to top Go down
Madea

Madea

PostSubject: Re: Character Personalities...   Character Personalities... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:22 pm

rawr! says the fox.

Now, Jevon says: just differentiate who is who when you post. that way we can do both in one if you want. LIke disassociative identity disorder. XP (at least thats my idea) What does the midwest board do? we could follow their lead.
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Character Personalities...   Character Personalities... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:05 pm

Most of you saw me on the field at War, and Gates. I was very aggresive, rough, and kinda cruel. Yet, there was an obvious protective side, aimed at my team, and anyone I felt was in need of help. I have been told by ALOT of people that I have a very intimidating and fierce presence on the field. But, anyone who talked with me much off the field, saw that I am slightly shy, over talkative, and fairly polite. I strive to be a gentleman at all times.... until i get to know you and concider you a close friend, then you are fair game for torment.

I make my distinction between Orrin and Daniel at the sidelines. If I am holding my gear, I am Orrin. If no gear is in my hands, I am Daniel.

Daniel is alittle shy at first, very blunt, and kinda prone to practical jokes. Not really to far from Orrin. But, there is a noticable difference.

In posting, i suggest keeping it in character in RPs and specific sections only. Otherwise it could be confusing.
Back to top Go down
Alasdair

PostSubject: Re: Character Personalities...   Character Personalities... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:36 pm

I don't make much difference between Nathaniel and Alasdair. My Dag personality is slightly nobler but that is really it. And he carries a bada$$ glaive.
Back to top Go down
http://gatesofhaven.forumotion.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Personalities...   Character Personalities... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Personalities...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Town Square :: General Discussion-
Jump to: