Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just a quick update.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Just a quick update. Empty
PostSubject: Just a quick update.   Just a quick update. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 7:30 pm

Just to update you all on our current situation here. (:

Iohn finally went and had the chapter contract notarized, so all we have to do is mail that in and we're 100% official. That WILL be done by the end of this week, I promise you. >.<
In more specific province news, the boffer club's first meeting is this Thursday. Sadly, due to the way it was advertised, I'm not entirely sure a whole lot of people will show up. -.- As such, I'm going to be doing some advertising of my own in the near future.

We have several friends of ours who are interested, and probably enough to warrant an official province official but we can't be sure yet obviously. Other than that, we haven't met any of these other people Kiley has told us about, so we really have no idea if we'll really have the 40 people he says showed up last year, or just the ones we already are friends with.

As of right now, Iohn and I practice together one on one mostly. We've been out to the park twice this last week, haha. I think I'm our realm's only official Squire, just because I actually live where the Knight is at. -_-; Blah.

But anyway, I just thought you guys deserved to know where the Rolla province currently stands. So far, we're very tiny but very hopeful of quick growth.
And really, there are enough nerds here that once we get a few people interested, I can seriously see a population boom. It just might take a little bit to get to that point, haha.
Back to top Go down
Jagun the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick update.   Just a quick update. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:02 am

I am glad to hear that. things are pretty stagnant out here, Vala managed to bring along a guy who seemed very interested in the sport, and I have a buddy of mine who will be joining us as well. he and i are starting to stockpile weapons as i type, and he is very good at leading in combat. a bit overbearing at times, but i'm hoping that won't be too much of a problem.

As far as weapons are concerned, we took a catastrophic hit after the rains of WotIF. i'm hoping that most can be repaired within the week, but some have taken a fatal beating and are needing to be remade. even my weapon wasn't spared, and i didn't go!

I've known kiley since fourth grade, and while his estimates aren't accurate, they are usually close. and if you can't get a straight answer out of him, try and talk to his girl, Katherine. she can usually sort through his mess fairly easily.

We miss you two out here. It just isn't the same.

farewell, and may the winds of fate blow you ever homeward.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick update.   Just a quick update. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:12 pm

Another quick little update:

Iohn and I mailed the chapter contract last night, so it should go out with the mail this morning. Excitement!

In regards to people attending our practices, I'm not as worried now. Iohn's roommate took some of his clubs and defended himself and a few others from someone shooting a nerf gun, and just by running around the building, quite a few people took interest. Someone else also wore his chainmail around his floor. Every time we go out to practice ourselves, someone asks us "if those are for Thursday", which is when we advertised for the first meeting. So I'm thinking that, while it may not be 40, it'll still be quite a few people right off the bat.

I'm also glad to hear about what's going on in the Blue Springs Province (did you guys ever pick a name? O.o; ). Madea should be sending me the province report for your area sometime within the next seven days, so I'm sure I'll find out more soon. Believe it or not, I miss fighting with every single one of you more than I can say.
I'm also sorry to hear your weapons took such a beating. I don't think any of ours were destroyed, other than the weapons cover for Iohn's club. I did have a pair of shoes get ruined beyond repair, though. -.-;
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick update.   Just a quick update. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 6:30 pm

In continuing to update, our first club meeting yesterday was a huge success. We had 20 fighters on the field, and at one point we probably had another crowd of close to 40 people watching us. If we had more weapons, I think we would have had more fighters, but we seriously had none left to spare. @.x;
Thus far, no one has stepped forward with any talk of Belegarth or Amtgard or any other boffer fighting organizations, so Dagorhir --and thusly, our realm-- are the only thing in place at the moment. That means we're likely to get a lot of people dedicated to Haven in the very near future.

And I made friends with people. Which is just... fun for me in my personal life. O.o;

Yeaaa!~ X3
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick update.   Just a quick update. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 3:50 pm

WOOTS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick update.   Just a quick update. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a quick update.
Page 1 of 1