Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fantasy books

Go down 
+4
Tyr
Orrin None-son
Kairi Cypmann
DeMadrid
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DeMadrid

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:40 pm

If any of you enjoy fantasy books I recently found one unique in the fact that it doesn't suck. Oddly enough it doesn't have a pathetic main character(Wheel of time), a shallow cast fighting the evils of communism(Sword of truth), or a lesbian were seal with her vampire lover trying to be strong females in a mans world oh and she hAz a dRaGon!(don't ask). The book is called Summa Elvetica, its about a catholic minister being sent on a mission to determine whether elves have souls. I suck at review books so here is an actual review of the book http://eaglewoodsnest.org/?p=413 . The free ebook version is available here http://voxday.net/mart/SummaElvetica.pdf .
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:37 pm

DeMadrid wrote:
or a lesbian were seal with her vampire lover trying to be strong females in a mans world oh and she hAz a dRaGon!(don't ask).

I laughed so hard just now. XDDD
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:02 pm

Cause you described her character...lol *runs and hides*

You should also check out "the quen of the orcs" trilogy. I swear by all that anyone calls holy, if you read it, you will join my unit. And you will get addicted to Morgan Howells stuff.
Back to top Go down
DeMadrid

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:17 pm

Orrin None-son wrote:
You should also check out "the quen of the orcs" trilogy. I swear by all that anyone calls holy, if you read it, you will join my unit. And you will get addicted to Morgan Howells stuff.

You should also check out "the queen of the orcs" trilogy. I swear by all that anyone calls holy, if you read it, you will join my unit. And you will get addicted to Morgan Howells stuff.

I might try that, I'm currently going through Lois McMaster Bujold's fantasy though. Her works are all somewhat old but shes an incredibly good author. Plus, shes one of those rarest breeds, a genuinely good female author.
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:21 pm

You feel very strongly about books don't you?

I tend to enjoy anything I read. Takes alot to make he hate a book, or author.

Have you read any of the "Amber Cronicles"? There really is nothing else like them out there.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:28 pm

hmm Kairi just needs to find a strong vampire girlfriend.. (Orrin don't you dare say me, i'm a guy)
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:32 pm

LOL... you know me too well.
Back to top Go down
DeMadrid

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:12 pm

Orrin None-son wrote:
You feel very strongly about books don't you?

I tend to enjoy anything I read. Takes alot to make he hate a book, or author.

Have you read any of the "Amber Cronicles"? There really is nothing else like them out there.

Looked up the Amber Chronicles and its sounds a bit more NeverWhereish then what I'm looking for right now. I really do love books though. I mostly only have a chance to read manga nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Jagun the Butcher

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:30 am

eh. i have little by way of fantasy. Good Sci-fi, however, i reccommend the Warhammer 40k books.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:54 am

Why are you both so mean? ;.;

*sulks, sorrowful and lonely without her lesbian vampire lover*
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 6:55 am

we were just curious who she was... Razz (again Orrin shh..)
Back to top Go down
Logar

Logar

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 9:30 pm

lol kairi do u remeber Pauls lesbian vampire joke? i just remembered it cause of you and i dont think anyone else besides me u and alexa have any clue as to what im talking about right now cause no one else on the boards knows paul ( not counting madea and vala because i dont think they have been on in a very very long time lol)
Back to top Go down
Logar

Logar

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:36 pm

lol i think i killed this thread Shocked i hate when i do that
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:45 pm

Obviulsy, she doesn't remeber the joke. lol
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:23 pm

god you urk and your sheild always killing threads( it's the one thing he can always do)
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:27 pm

no joke
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:37 pm

It is a family trait.
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Dude, yes. I <3 books. Totally going to look 'em up and do my best to read them.
*dances about*
Back to top Go down
https://gatesofhaven.forumotion.net
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:22 pm

http://www.endofdestiny.com/ you can read the first ten "chapters" for free kinda a crapy book but they are trying to get to the city of Haven Shocked so that makes it better
btw i have not paid to read the rest of the book
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 8:32 pm

Oops. Sorry, Ephriam: I missed that post somehow. @.x;

Yes, I do remember Paul's vampire joke. -_- Paul always seemed to somehow have wonderfully perverted vampire jokes.
Back to top Go down
Logar

Logar

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:00 pm

lol like the one with the TEA that was a good one too, if only he didnt have so much stuff to do im sure he would love dag
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:28 pm

tea?? i love tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Logar

Logar

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:29 pm

lmao ......this is a special kind of tea turrin idk if you ll like it
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:33 pm

This is the only kind of tea Turrin would not enjoy. -_-;
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:31 pm

lmfao. I can guess what kind of tea this is....I think...XDXDXD
Back to top Go down
https://gatesofhaven.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Fantasy books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy books   Fantasy books Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy books
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Town Square :: General Discussion-
Jump to: