Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Website!!!!

Go down 
+4
Constantine
Kairi Cypmann
Vala
Angus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Angus
Troll
Angus

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:26 am

So, the forums are Great, but I have felt for a while that Haven needs a homepage that's more than just forums. I knows very little about web design, but I have hacked something together out of some spare parts I found out in my garage. Let me know what you think y'all. I really like the color scheme and style of the forums, so I tried to stay close to that. you can check out the site at: http://www.gatesofhaven.000hosted.com/http://www.gatesofhaven.000hosted.com/
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:28 am

p.s. If you do check out the website, be sure to check the news and calendar page, as they do contain current, up-to-date information that is important (or at least semi-important)
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:23 pm

That's pretty spiffy. If you ever want help with html of it or updating it. I'd be willing to help out if you need it. I do like how you stuck with the color scheme of the forum, that looks really nice on there. We have great colors. =3
and uhm...I have a crap ton of photos....crap ton.
I think when you get around to uploading them you should make seperate albums for each event and province. Though I'm sure you already thought of that.....so...I'll stop talking now and just make sure it's okay I send a ton of pics to your school e-mail.
Back to top Go down
https://gatesofhaven.forumotion.net
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:29 pm

Um... being that Vala is our realm's designated Web Mistress, I kind of feel she has the right to help out on whatever she wants (and I know she'd do a good job as well, that's why we picked her). So if that's ok with you, Angus, could she perhaps help out with this new website when she feels the need?
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:58 pm

Yes, Absolutely. I appreciate all the help I can get, especially since I don't know that much html. (I'm learning) Also, Vala if you want administrative access, E-mail me and I'll send you the necessary info. Right now, I'm only running it until someone better (Like you, Vala) steps up to take over. I don't mind running the site right now, if you've got a lot of other stuff to worry about, but of course, it should ultimately be in the hands of the realm webmistress.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:05 pm

Also, if you have more than a few pictures, host them on megaUpload, or Rapidshares, and then just send me the link. I have very limited space on my school e-mail account. Ten or so decent-sized jpg files could easily overload my inbox. I do, however, have plenty of hard drive space, and the webhost I'm currently using allows us up to 1.5 gigs of filespace, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:40 pm

That's awesome Angus. I think it's a good idea to have a place where we can easily post event dates and such. We can put it in a forum thread, but it's usually easier for people to look at a calendar. And a photo album is great too.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:08 pm

sweet deal. I'll do that then. *excited*
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:14 pm

This is all excellent, thank you everyone for your hard work and dedication!
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:07 am

zomg, I forgot all the html I knew. *cries* so now I have to relearn it. *sniffle*
*determined*
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:39 am

Bump, because the site has been updated about the new practice schedule. Also, it appears as if our realm webmistress is updating the site as well, and it is getting shmexified. So, check the news page, and check out the new-and-improved homepage. And watch as it continues to get newer, and more improved.
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:18 am

or ya know...when I type something wrong and it goes all funky like. That could be entertaining too. XDXDXD
And I'm not alone in the shmexifying of the page. Angus has done some pretty sweet stuffs too on it.
and plz, comments and ideas are welcome.

Tis fun making a site together!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 6:30 pm

I've found a problem. If you click on 'contact' from the home page, you get this:
Name (Dag name), Title Contact info
Kiley (Angus McCloud), webmaster of this site ksbwh8@mst.edu
e-mail me if you want to be on this page, or if you should be on this page. (Iohn, Kairi, other officers)"

But if you click on the contact button from there AGAIN, you get something entirely different.
I'm not sure why. O.o; But I thought it was important to mention.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 6:35 pm

Thank you for the comment, I believe Vala was editing the code when that bug was happening. She is finished now, and the bug is gone. Also, she updated the contact page, and it looks much better now.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 7:12 pm

actually bud the bug is still there T.T
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:25 am

Yeah. The bug is definitely still there.
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:25 am

On it. Sorry.

EDIT: It should be gone now, and if it isn't....I'm gonna have to smack some hoes.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:16 pm

very cool. Odin likes it! i think it is good to have just a general spot for all important things so we don't have to sift through the forums when we need info fast.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Aye, that's the Idea
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:14 pm

Vala. I'm going to be sending you info and things you may or may not want to put up on the main site (I'll leave it up to you unless I really think something is necessary).
Also, I asked Summer about it, and she knows quite a lot about how to code. She's a Computer Science major, haha. So if you need help on how to do something or want help doing something, either PM her or PM me and I'll let her know. (:
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:28 am

Summer = my hero of the moment.

just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:45 pm

BUMP for new and improved webpage!
I've updated many of the pages on the haven website, and I have added a new-members page for possible new members who want to know more about us.
The Haven news page is now much more improved, and so is the pictures page and the calendar page. You can now upload all your Dag pictures directly to the gatesofhaven group photobucket account.
In the works is an Updated/improved contact page, and a more intuitive sidebar menu.
Please respond with comments and suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:21 pm

I especially like the picture additions. Very nicely done, Angus.
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:08 pm

good work man I will try to add a few pics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Website!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website!!!!   Website!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Website!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Bulletin Board :: Realm News-
Jump to: