Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chainmailing with Angus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angus
Troll
Angus

Chainmailing with Angus Empty
PostSubject: Chainmailing with Angus   Chainmailing with Angus Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 6:32 pm

Many people have asked about this, because they want to learn to make chainmail. Here is the answer: Wednesdays between 11AM up until practice. I have all the necessary equipment, and I will show you what to do. Also, I would like to be able to sell some chainmail as a vendor at Gates (and possibly Rag) but, I don't necessarily have the time to make that much of it. If anyone needs some extra money for war, If you can roll some wire, cut some rings, or even weave some mail for me, I'd be willing to cover your pre-reg fee, and possibly food and gas money, depending on how much work you do. Whatever money I make on the mail I sell, I will divide up between all the people who helped make it, so if you make a lot, you might even come home with some extra cash. (I don't know what the demand will be at war, so don't count on making a lot of money necessarily) Also, if you just want to make some mail for yourself, you're always welcome to. I just ask, if you use my tools and my wire, that you cut some rings for me. (Since the tools and wire do cost money, and the more they get used, the sooner I have to buy more)
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Chainmailing with Angus   Chainmailing with Angus Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 7:11 pm

hey bud old pal old friend, i might buy some from you, not sure yet, i never really was big on armor but hey you never know Smile,
Back to top Go down
Tygreive

Tygreive

PostSubject: Re: Chainmailing with Angus   Chainmailing with Angus Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 7:42 pm

Herr Bush, i am willing to help you make your armor, as i too wish to make armor for myself and others eventually. my question is, i have little by way of coin at the moment, so my help may have to wait til' you get back to blue springs, unless you are willing to mail links to me. i know the standard european, and can do dragonmaille as well.

oh, and say hi to Katherine for me, i haven't spoken to her in a good while.

cH
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Chainmailing with Angus   Chainmailing with Angus Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:26 pm

i can't help you make it, but i think i can maybe can help you with the coin problem if you can make me some stuff as well Smile , (or maybe others here) i think i remeber how he mad wire into links. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tygreive

Tygreive

PostSubject: Re: Chainmailing with Angus   Chainmailing with Angus Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:29 pm

that would be fine. we can discuss it tomorrow at dag (if there is dag...)
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Chainmailing with Angus   Chainmailing with Angus Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:51 pm

Yes, Rolla practices will be held tomorrow. We'll meet at the Puck (for those who forget) and move to Miner Rec. If you prefer, just go to Miner Rec.
Back to top Go down
Tygreive

Tygreive

PostSubject: Re: Chainmailing with Angus   Chainmailing with Angus Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:55 pm

i meant for Blue Springs...
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Chainmailing with Angus   Chainmailing with Angus Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:09 pm

Actually, I might be asking you guys to send me wire and links. If i remember correctly, the wire I need is about half the price in Blue Springs as it is here in Rolla. In any case, what you're looking for is 14 gauge electric fencing wire. they have it at Feldman's in Blue Springs. a 1/2 mile spool should run you about 20 bucks. (this should make all the chainmail that you can possibly need) Here in Rolla, a 1/4 mile spool is 40 bucks (I guess that's 4x as expensive, but maybe I'm remembering the price wrong) Dag requires 14 gauge rings to be 3/8" diameter or less. I recommend 3/8" steel bar, but oak dowel rod might work too. the main problem with wood is that when you wrap the wire, it wraps tight around the wood, and can be a pain to slide off. Of course, with wood, you can just drill a hole in the end to hold the wire in place, while with steel, you have to figure out some way to rig it. I do prefer steel though. The best thing for cutting the wire is end-nippers. I prefer the big, blue channel-lock-brand ones, because they'll cut through durn near anything. For making the mail, you want one pair of short-handled dike-type pliers or cutters, to hold the rings in your off-hand, and another pair of long-handled channel-lock type pliers to bend the rings with your main-hand.

P.S. Iohn, Tygrieve is a friend of mine from Blue Springs. He doesn't live in Rolla.
Back to top Go down
Tygreive

Tygreive

PostSubject: Re: Chainmailing with Angus   Chainmailing with Angus Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:18 pm

there you go ty. get me supplies and i will make anything you want me to make.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Chainmailing with Angus   Chainmailing with Angus Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:55 pm

i'll see wat i can do, i'm actually quite busy this week, i need garb to make two swords, reblade one, write a 3 page essay(after doing the research for it) while workin full time overnight and goin to school Razz so it might be a little bit. sry
Back to top Go down
Tygreive

Tygreive

PostSubject: Re: Chainmailing with Angus   Chainmailing with Angus Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:03 pm

hey, i'm here for YOU. when you get me the stuff, then i start working.
Back to top Go down
Raynne

Raynne

PostSubject: Re: Chainmailing with Angus   Chainmailing with Angus Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:28 am

if any one in blue springs want wire for chain mail just let me know I still have a ton of it left from my old chain projects. I have some links still cut out as well and a ton of pre wrapped coils. Or make a road trip on the weekend from elsewhere. It will be free for the taking its just taking up space in my garage atm.
Back to top Go down
Tygreive

Tygreive

PostSubject: Re: Chainmailing with Angus   Chainmailing with Angus Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:45 am

i'll take it. i can start cranking out shirts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chainmailing with Angus   Chainmailing with Angus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chainmailing with Angus
Page 1 of 1