Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WooHoo

Go down 
+2
Svipdag
Tygreive
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tygreive

Tygreive

WooHoo Empty
PostSubject: WooHoo   WooHoo Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:48 pm

We Have A Board Area!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Svipdag

Svipdag

WooHoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: WooHoo   WooHoo Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 11:13 pm

WOOTThx Vala Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

WooHoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: WooHoo   WooHoo Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 11:23 pm

No prob, now be good little children and play nice with all your weapons. Razz

Also: once you pick out who is in charge of the guild or what ever I'll make them the moderator of this board, since it's not something I'm a part of (I suck at making weapons and don't enjoy it like others do) I feel like someone who is a part of the guild should moderate their guild boards.
Back to top Go down
https://gatesofhaven.forumotion.net
Odin

Odin

WooHoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: WooHoo   WooHoo Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:12 am

i suggest getting a roster up and running
Back to top Go down
Kairen

Kairen

WooHoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: WooHoo   WooHoo Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:13 am

Who is in this guild, and when can we have meetings?
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

WooHoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: WooHoo   WooHoo Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:17 am

seeing as i have been dubbed Warmind by Tygreive i feel that i shoudl join the guild.
Back to top Go down
Kairen

Kairen

WooHoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: WooHoo   WooHoo Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:26 am

So I would assume all of us, minus Vala, are in South Haven Schmiedennarren, anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Svipdag

Svipdag

WooHoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: WooHoo   WooHoo Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:03 am

I've got

Angus,
Chwiwgwn,
Iohn,
Kairen,
Odin,
Svipdag,
Tygrieve,
and Tyr.
as members of the South Haven Schmiedenarren as we now exist.
Back to top Go down
Kairen

Kairen

WooHoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: WooHoo   WooHoo Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:59 am

Cool, so you got the guild charter and rules?
Back to top Go down
Svipdag

Svipdag

WooHoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: WooHoo   WooHoo Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:19 pm

ummmm, no, not yet. I'll post them when they're done. Anything specific you guys want me to include?
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

WooHoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: WooHoo   WooHoo Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:02 pm

a way to tell loaner weapons maybe from the ones people don't want used,
Back to top Go down
Kairen

Kairen

WooHoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: WooHoo   WooHoo Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:17 pm

what do you have so far?
Back to top Go down
Svipdag

Svipdag

WooHoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: WooHoo   WooHoo Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:06 am

Only ideas, I've got my first chem exam in a few days and I've been spending a lot of my time getting ready for that. Sorry guys, I'm trying to work faster.

So far the outline of the charter is gonna be split up into sections, section 1: Statement of Purpose
2: Membership and voting (details on how to become a member, also the fact that members can vote and also run for Realmwide or Local Guildmaster)
3: Responsibilities
3a. Realmwide Guildmaster (RG):Serves as leader of the guild. His word is Guild law unless said word is disputed by a polled majority of guild members. Any guild member may initiate such a poll. RwGM must issue decrees (if anyone has a better name for these, let me know), must never leave a request for smithing advice unanswered (either by personally researching and answering the question or directing the asker to the proper resource), must complete the minor quest for each decree issued (read below). The RGM may NOT serve as a CGL also.
3a.1 describes decrees. Each should apply to the entire realm and should benefit either each member or the entire Realm. Each would include a long-term goal, for example educating each member of the realm in the regulations put forth in the MoA, producing X number of weapons, shields, and armor pieces for the Armory, ensuring each member has experience making a passable version of every type of weapon. Also each decree would include a minor quest (better name also sought here), or a minimum amount of commitment a member must put forth. Each quest should be around 2-3 days (not full days) work and be completable at a cost of around 30$ or less. A minor quest should be designed around a 3-month timetable. A major quest may also be included for the Chapter Guild leaders, which may not include a necessary monetary commitment.
(My ideas for the decrees so far are: Building the Armory, Spreading the good word of the MoA, and Solidifying the Skill of the Shmiedennarren)
3.b. Chapter Guild leaders
presides over guild activities in a single chapter, oversees and aids in the completion of each minor quest by the members active in their chapter. Must not leave a request for smithing advice unanswered or unreferred (see RGM description)
Must complete every major quest set forth by the RGM. (Major quests would mostly involve verifying or otherwise supporting minor quests, for example if a RG decreed that, for a minor quest, a member could/should build a passable Red/green weapon, a probable major quest would be for the Chapter Guild Leader to test or oversee the testing of each weapon produced and either report or verify that that member had completed the quest).
must complete a single minor quest every three months, unless either a major quest description states that it precludes the CGL from any further duties, or if the CGL either succesfully appeals to the RGM or to the majority of the guilmembers in the CGL's chapter.
A CGL may issue local decrees to their chapter, providing that these decrees meet all criterion for realmwide decrees. They must not contradict, supercede, or otherwise conflict with RGM decrees OR, if they do, the decree must be issued either with permission from the RGM or with the blessing (in the form of a poll) of a majority of the guildmembers in the CGL's chapter. They should address local issues and benefit either the chapter in which they are issued or each guildmember therein. The CGL must complete any minor quests contained in these decrees. The RGM is not responsible for completing these quests.
A CGL may also appoint members to positions comparable to aides, scribes, treasurers, etc as they see fit. Notification of an appointment must be sent to each member of the guild (post it on the forums)
3.c. Members
responsible for embodying the goals of the Schmiedennarren in their daily activities, helping nonmembers with smithing when possible, striving to improve their knowledge and abilities in whatever field(s) of smithing they pursue.
A guildmember must complete one minor quest every 3 months, unless they successfully appeal to both their CGL and the RGM or to either 2/3 of all guildmembers in their chapter or a majority of all guildmembers. A Guildmember is responsible for removing an RGM or CGL from his/her position (initiating impeachment procedures) if the aforementioned representative violates the guild constitution, abuses their power, or shirks their responsibilities as a representative. A Guildmember has the power to vote in every election of a guild authority (RGM or CGL). A guildmember may wear the insignia of the Shmiedennarren (lol we should get one, I tihnk).
3.c.1. The RGM and CGL are also guildmembers for all purposes outside of the quest requirement.

Notes:

I had the idea of establishing a ranking system based on either the number of minor quests completed or the number of above-and-beyond quests completed (2 in 3 months would count as one, 3 in 3 months would be 2, etc, etc).

I still need to flesh out the election system, does anyone have preferences on that? Also, I have some pretty specific ideas about the campaigning for RGM, I think the RGM should write up and disclose the exact decrees (s)he'll make at the beginning of a 3-month term, that way the members know exactly what they're voting for. The RGM could make further decrees later, but since only one quest is required of the members per 3-month term, they could just opt out of those.
Also Anyone should be able to write up a decree and send it to the RGM or the CGL for possible issuance, as the more decrees ("decree" Read:quest trees) that are issued, the more possibilities for a member to meet their responsibilities for a given 3-month term. But the RGM or CGL, since they have to complete every minor quest they issue in a decree, should have the final say in what gets issued and what doesn't. Of course, the members could always impeach the RGM or CGL, although I don't have an idea for that process codified yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WooHoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: WooHoo   WooHoo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WooHoo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Units & Guilds :: South Haven Schmiedennarren-
Jump to: