Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quests

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Odin

Odin

Quests Empty
PostSubject: Quests   Quests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:28 pm

I think we should add quests into the works somewhere, and as we are all talking about it, i made a new string. i wrote this up real quick. feel free to proof read/comment/whatever.

Quests:
Quests shall be set forth by a knight as a task appointed to another fighter, the purpose of which shall be the overall improvement of that fighter. Quests may be assigned a time frame in which they must be completed should the knight see fit to do so. The knight is not solely responsible for coming up with quests. A fighter may go on any quest they want so long as a knight in good standing approves of their quest. Should a quest require a certain number of kills or any other action that is counted, the fighter on the quest must notify the knight approving of the quest of his intention to count kills, etc. towards his quest. A herald or third party should be requested to watch the fighter and count the kills, etc. Before moving up in rank, a fighter must go on at least one quest, to be determined by his knight, and based upon his skills and fighting ability. A fighter on a quest is not limited to "questing practices", that is any time there is a practice with a good number of people, as well as a knight or representitive of that knight a fighter can count kill, etc. towards his quest.

ex: kill 20 people while only using a single blue weapon
time frame: 3 weeks, or 6 practices

Last edited by Odin on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i forgot something....)
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests   Quests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:33 pm

Is this an edit to Haven, or are these ideas for the shared knighthood?
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests   Quests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:07 pm

i have no idea. i guess both....i think it would add some uniform for all realms to do this, but also let them customize it to their realm by making up their own quests
Back to top Go down
hyper

Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests   Quests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:23 pm

Kinda sounds like livin wow...
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests   Quests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:21 am

[5.Lookingforgroup][Tyr] BloodDK LFG Gates
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests   Quests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:32 am

...what?
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests   Quests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:14 am

For the time being, I think we're going to leave the Rolla ranking system the way it is simply because we have a lot of other stuff that needs to be focused on. I mean, I don't really think there's anything wrong with what's been set in place, and since we haven't even been an official chapter an entire year... I'd rather not go through all the trouble of rewriting something that was just written a few months ago. -.-;
I know that quests for the shared knighthood were still being discussed, though. So most definitely feel free to contribute ideas to that.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests   Quests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:26 am

i guess im still not clear on the difference between
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests   Quests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:31 pm

Haven has a ranking system set up for knighthood. By doing this, you become a Knight of Haven (or a Squire, or a Page, etc.). That's what you're doing right now. Being a Knight of Haven is exclusive to Haven, and other realms have different ways of going about making their citizens into knights as well that aren't the same as the ones we have.
The idea of Shared Knightood is that you don't even have to be a member of a realm to obtain it; anyone from any realm that's willing to participate can do the challenges and work their way towards bettering themselves as fighters and ultimately winning the title of Knight of the somethingorother (hasn't been settled on yet, I don't think). The difference with this is that this is a standard that all realms can recognize, rather than having Knighthood mean different things in every realm.
A Knight of Haven might not be as good as a Knight in, say, Dominion, but we'd both give them the same exact title. A Knight of shared knighthood in Haven and a Knight of shared knighthood in Dominion would be on the same level. Does that make sense now? @.x;
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests   Quests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:27 pm

o i c, well then this would be for shared knighthood then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quests   Quests Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quests