Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

shield question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Crux

Crux

shield question Empty
PostSubject: shield question   shield question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:12 pm

I was looking in the MoA and the dag rulebook and couldn't find any rule for shield thickness. My personal is 1.5" on the face, 1.5-2" on the edge. Anyone know if there is a specific rule or if the checkers will just call it unsafe ?
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

shield question Empty
PostSubject: Re: shield question   shield question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:16 pm

as it is there is not a rule against how thick it has to be, it just has to be safe.
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

shield question Empty
PostSubject: Re: shield question   shield question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:08 pm

cool. Just curious.
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

shield question Empty
PostSubject: Re: shield question   shield question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:40 pm

If its thick enough it wont taco your good
taco= one end can bend enough to touche the oppisite end
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

shield question Empty
PostSubject: Re: shield question   shield question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:54 pm

yeah, I know about the taco rule, it's why I won't build a dag shield out of a saucer sled lol.
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

shield question Empty
PostSubject: Re: shield question   shield question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:31 pm

he we had a saucer recently ugly but kinda effective he had to put some extra foam on the front though
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

shield question Empty
PostSubject: Re: shield question   shield question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:35 pm

are you talkin bout my shield turrin, cause i't not ugly at all, and i only put an extra layer of foam cause i wanted to, the thing is only foam lol.
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

shield question Empty
PostSubject: Re: shield question   shield question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:33 am

I just fine in general saucers can bend too much, that being said i might try to do mine so it doesn't, though i'd have to take the foam off and restrap it, which is a pain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

shield question Empty
PostSubject: Re: shield question   shield question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

shield question
Page 1 of 1