Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Svipdag

Svipdag

Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery Empty
PostSubject: Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery   Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:41 am

Apprentice (Weaponsmith): “Soldiery

To be completed on or before: Whenever (no set completion date)

To be completed by: Anyone who needs a challenge completed for their Apprentice Guildmember or Apprentice Weaponsmith Rank.

Completed by:
Tyr

Build one of the following weapon sets:
-Two matching Blue Swords/Maces/Flails
-Double-bladed Red sword
-Any polearm or a single-bladed red sword and a sidearm or a shield
-Any Red/Green polearm
-A shield of passable dimensions and any of the following:
--Sword/Flail/Mace (Blue or Blue/green)
--Shortspear (Green, one-handed)
--A Red weapon short and light enough to be easily and comfortably wielded in one hand
-Any other “weapon set” that you would actually use in a combat that you were trying to win. Single-blue is acceptable if the blue is of exceptional quality (it doesn't need to be a masterpiece, just good enough to be used alone). These sets will be judged on an individual basis, but don’t let that discourage you. If you fight with a single blue katana, there’s nothing wrong with that. Other weapon sets may be subject to scrutiny and/or glares of disapproval. Apologies beforehand.

To qualify as having passed this challenge, you will need to show that the weapons/shields are both passable and reasonably well built. You can cite at least 2 guildmembers as verifying that your weapons/shields are both safe and reasonably well put together, or alternatively cite a weapons checker as passing them as safe and a guildmember as approving of their quality. Or you may post pictures of the weapon both covered and uncovered, and cite a weapons checker as having passed them.

They should have decent, well-fitting covers, handles showing more than bare core, and at least straight-ish foam cuts. Basically, they shouldn’t be described as “ugly” or “sloppy”. They should pass weapons check at multiple practices.

Weapons for this requirement don't need to be purpose-built, but they must still exist and be in passable shape in order to qualify you as having completed this challenge. Put differently: If you've made more than a couple blues in your foamsmithing career, you probably already fulfill the requirements for this challenge. If that's the case, just cite people as vouching for some of your weapons' quality and passability, and boom. Challenge done.

Last edited by SolinuSvipdag on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery   Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:54 am

okay, so i have two shields and both my maces? i think everyone in blue springs has seen them, do they pass this?
Back to top Go down
Svipdag

Svipdag

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery   Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:31 am

Pick your fav. combo, one shield and one mace, or both maces. Have someone look at them without covers to make sure they aren't terrible, and post their name. Also cite someone who's passed them, preferably someone who posts on these boards or is at least a member of Haven. Then you're halfway to apprentice.
Back to top Go down
Tygreive

Tygreive

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery   Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:42 am

they pass. Soldiery completed.
Back to top Go down
Svipdag

Svipdag

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery   Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:52 am

Tygrieve, you don't have to post here, and Tyr, you don't need someone to post on here on your behalf. Of course it's fine that you did, and it served the same purpose, but if, for example someone passed the weapon who doesn't get on the boards much or who doesn't want to bother posting, they don't have to. I just want to make sure there's someone verifying the completion of the challenge other than the person trying to complete it.
Back to top Go down
Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar

Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery   Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:06 am

So, for all those ranking things... I have found that I don't have much time to do them, however I am going to try to do most of them during St. Pats break, when I'll be bored and everyone else will be partying Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Svipdag

Svipdag

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery   Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:20 am

good, good *strokes beard*. And take your time, I mean, the system is supposed to easily work around anyone's schedule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery   Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apprentice Challenge: Soldiery
Page 1 of 1