Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Constantine

Constantine

Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Empty
PostSubject: Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?   Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:06 pm

I know several people have jobs and other hobbies that seem to eat up a lot of their time. Since I don't have a job, I'd be happy to make weapons for anyone who wants them. I should mention some things though:

1. If you bring me the materials and tell me what you want made, I'll make it for free and I'll try to have the weapon finished quickly, but I'll be working at my own pace. If you bring materials to a practice I'll only guarantee that the weapon be finished within 3 practices.

2. For $3, I'd give weapons priority and have them finished ASAP. If you bring materials to a practice, I'll guarantee that they're ready by the next practice.

3. If you don't have the time or money to purchase materials, I will attempt to get them myself, but I will expect partial reimbursement [paying only for the materials used to make your weapon and I keep the leftovers] or full reimbursement [paying for all of the materials and taking the leftovers]. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to acquire the necessary materials.

4. I don't sew. It will be up to you to make the cover or find somebody who will.

5. My weapon making skills are somewhat limited. I feel competent enough to make passable, durable straight swords, maces, spears, arrows and perhaps axes. Curved swords, javelins, and exotic weapons may not have the same quality.

6. If you're not satisfied with the weapon, I'll purchase it from you for the cost of the materials used to make it and I'll make your next weapon a priority, free-of-charge.

7. One order per person at a time. I won't be able to make weapons quickly if people are asking for five swords at a time.

That's about it. If anybody is interested, let me know. I always bring at least one example of my work to practice, and I'll post pictures of some things I'm making now.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?   Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:52 am

In the interest of getting you off the ground with this, I'd like 2 blue swords. After Rolla, War, and then Gates my armory took a grievous blow. I'd prefer 0.5 in. PVC core at 28".
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?   Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:53 am

Okey dokey. I'll try to get materials sometime soon. Hopefully I'll have the swords ready for you when you get back.
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?   Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:56 am

hehe see you wednesday
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?   Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 5:18 pm

I should probably note that this offer is only good until August 12th, which is the last day I'll accept orders. I go back to school on the 26th, and I'll probably need the week before to prepare.

Here are some pictures of swords I've made.

A pair of short swords for Iohn.
Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Dsc00517

A red for Tyr [I didn't take pictures of the whole sword, unfortunately]
Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Dsc00518

A red I made for myself.
Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Dsc00519

As far as I'm aware, the weapons I made for myself and Tyr pass. I'd say Iohn's pass as well, but that's for a herald to decide.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?   Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:23 pm

They all look fine to me, Constantine. Nice work. One more question: do you do commission work on shields? I'm thinking about a round coreless punch. Kinda like a viking round shield. But without the convex curve to it...that a bit out of my experience range anyway.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?   Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Sure. I can try. If you can give me some specifications I'll see if I can make something out of the materials I have left.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?   Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:30 pm

There would be no rush on it as long as I could take it to Rolla with me around the 22th of August.

Specifications would be much simpler than a cored shield...I think. Here is a really good link to use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEUeYRbVNOk&feature=related

I think a good diameter would be 28" total. So...maybe a 24" diameter circle, with two strips of edging. And the square block of foam he puts on the face, I'd like that circular to look more like a shield boss. Does this sound feasible?
Back to top Go down
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

PostSubject: Re: Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?   Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:56 am

Swords look nice man

...is that Grumio in the video?
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?   Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:38 pm

'Tis indeed. Grumio is wicked good with spear. And his tutorial ain't half bad.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?   Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Iohn de Mar wrote:

I think a good diameter would be 28" total. So...maybe a 24" diameter circle, with two strips of edging. And the square block of foam he puts on the face, I'd like that circular to look more like a shield boss. Does this sound feasible?

I don't know if I have pieces of foam large enough for that diameter at the moment, but I'll check. If I don't I suppose I can pick up another roll of foam. I'll see what I can do. I'll be pretty busy until Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

PostSubject: Re: Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?   Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:10 am

Constantine, if you have access to a store that sells foam sheets that come in thicknesses greater than that of blue foam, you could easily make a punch from that. Szabo found a store in OK that sells this 1" Thick Black closed cell, and we have used it for several shields and it works really nicely.
All you'd need it for is the diameter and the thickness, and then use blue bands around the shield, either blue or the alternative foam to hold the handle in, and the block on the face is your personal opinion as to use blue or the alternative foam.
I hope this info helps you in some way
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?   Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:42 pm

I'm afraid I'm going to have to cancel this offer. It seems like I'll be too busy in the coming weeks to do much foamsmithing. I'll still make Iohn's shield, but otherwise I won't be accepting any more requests. Nobody but Iohn had any requests anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?   Need weapons made, but just can't find the time? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need weapons made, but just can't find the time?
Page 1 of 1