Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lord of War

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Crux

Crux

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Lord of War   Lord of War Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:23 pm

Hey, there's an event coming up from Set. 3 - 7 called Lord of War, it's the first running of this cross gaming event (mixture of Bel/Dag/Amt rules) and it promises to be pretty epic. Here's a link with all the info you'd need including the combined rules set.

http://www.stickjock.com/Home/Rules

One sucky thing is that it's the same month as WotIF though it think it's closer, but hopefully people can maybe make it to both, I know i'm going to try.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:16 pm

oh yah this looks like fun!
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 2:29 pm

I would love to go, but I think this one is going to be a bit far for me so early in the year.
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 6:52 am

Well, my friend in rolla's going so car pooling might be possible, it's only about 2hrs or so.
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:32 pm

This was an amazing event. Attendance wasn't as high as I'd assumed, but for a first time event, we had amazing fighters, some of the best amtgard sword knights and some top notch Belegarth knights as well and some fantastic Dag fighters, it was nice to see by and large people from all three games getting along and having a blast and learning about the other's game. The on-site castle made for some really fun assault/defense games along with some other great battle, lots of good ditching and sparring, and just an all around fucking fantastic time. If this becomes an annual event, I'd suggest marking it on your boffer calendars.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:53 pm

I bet! I really wanted to go, but gas money right now is a hot commodity, what with caving trips this weekend, canoeing next weekend, and WotIF the weekend after that. These last few weeks have been jam-packed with cool stuff to do.
Just goes to show, there really is no excuse for staying on campus over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:20 pm

Quite the busy man hehe, but hopefully you and everyone from haven could come next year.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:02 pm

yeah im looking forward to it, i know this is kinda late lol, but do they still have magic in these crossbattles?
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:12 pm

No, it's all combat, the only things you all'd need to know is...

If you're from Bel/Dag, you need to know the following at a minimum:

1. The 'no weight minimum' requirement has been moved up from 24 inches to 36 inches. Otherwise, they are the same.

2. You cannot grapple people, just shields and weapons. Incidental body-to-body contact is fine and expected.

3. There is still sufficient force. It will be calibrated via an objective standard of measure using a device.

4. No rocks. Javelins and arrows are fine.

5. No head shots from projectiles. Trust me, you do not want an Amtgard arrow to the face.

6. No continuing a shot once it strikes the head; if you whack somebody in the noggin, it invalidates the rest of the swing.

7. No worn shields.

8. All injuries are the same. Being stabbed is the same as being slashed is the same as being hit by an arrow.
9. Amtgardians talk a lot of trash. It is colloquially called 'smack' or 'smak'. It is meant in good fun, try not to take it seriously.
10. All shot calling is on the honor of the target of an attack. This includes arrow strikes. Players are encouraged to ask the referees to watch players who may be missing shots, including arrows.
11. Amtgarders will typically hide their live legs behind them when they have an injured leg. This is acceptable, provided that they do not rest the knee of their live leg on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lord of War
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Bulletin Board :: Upcoming Events-
Jump to: