Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spear Cores

Go down 
+10
Tyr
Crux
Orrin None-son
turrinbarturrin
Angus
Summer
Odin
Constantine
Barca
Iohn deMar
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angus
Troll
Angus

Spear Cores - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:01 am

I'll cover whatever's left when everyone else has paid. Let's get these ordered!

If someone decides later that they want the last one, they can buy it from me and Barca.
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:43 am

You guys will NOT be disappointed. And you will see a HUGE improvement on the field. Can't wait to see what you all make with these.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:46 am

Spears. 10 big nasty scary spears. I'm already drooling. The next step will be finding 10 spear fighters willing to bring them to a big event.

And Odin is off the list the current buyers are:
Iohn: $24.10
Barca: $12.05
Summer: $10.00
Angus: $24.10
Crux: $24.10

This means we need $26.14 scrounged up between us. And if we want these by war, I need to order these YESTERDAY.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:38 am

Iohn de Mar wrote:
And if we want these by war, I need to order these YESTERDAY.

Good thing I did.
(except that by yesterday, I mean Wednesday, while you probably meant Tuesday when you made the post)
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:05 pm

Iohn de Mar wrote:
Spears. 10 big nasty scary spears. I'm already drooling. The next step will be finding 10 spear fighters willing to bring them to a big event..

o o o o o o! i'm in!
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:27 pm

Why only spears? why no glaives?
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:35 am

They're HEE-EERE!!

As it turns out, these poles are a little on the cheaper side as compared to true Bandshoppes. Not much of a difference, they're still super light, and have virtually no flex even at 8'. But, since they're extruded instead of molded, they don't have the perfect rigidity that you'd expect in a bandshoppe glaive. (though they would still probably make excellent glaives) They are however, lighter weight than their bandshoppe equivalents, and since our realm is in need of good war spears, I think they will pretty much all be spears. We may buy another round next semester, and go for the real deal, in which case we will be making a few glaives then.

For those people who signed up to buy a pole, bring your 12 dollars to my house, and pick it up from me. Alternatively, if you want a spear, you can just bring 20 dollars to my house, and pick it up after it's been made. Whatever poles don't get claimed soon, Ian, Odin and I will be making into spears using the standard Grumio design. If you will want a spear, but you're not going to WotIF (why are you not going to WotIF, you should be going to WotIF!) I would ask that you let us make it, and take it to war, and get it from us after we return.

If you're aren't in Haven, but you want to use one of our new sexy spears, we will probably let you as long as you fight with us. Of course, preference will be given to wearers of red pants.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:08 pm

HEY i wear BLACK pants thank you, also i might be interested in one of these, but i will probally turn it into a glaive, yes i can make it at war, no i don't want to make a spear, i have one Razz
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Hey angus, i don't have the money now (which is why i had to pull my name off Sad ) but i want to buy one so plz hold one for me???
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:24 pm

Save a core for me! I don't know if I'll be able to make it to WotIF or not, but I'll bring some money if I do.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:56 pm

Most cores going to war will be finished spears. I don't know if we can bring all 10, but we'll try. Those who asked for them early in the thread have dibs on them. If you just want the core, let us know otherwise we'll be turning into a spear for war, and you'll be paying for a finished spear.

ALSO, i would not recommend building swung weapons from these cores as they are not as structurally sound as bandshoppe poles and have the potential of breaking under the high stresses of glaive-like swung polearms. For spears, however, they should hold up wonderfully.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:22 pm

I'll just pay for a finished spear. I wouldn't want to waste a core on my poor weapon-making abilities.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:47 pm

then take me out, i'll let somone else use said pole, i don't like spears that much to have more then one, i has the one skieth gave us so i'm good (part of the stuff i had to fix up from turrin's) though right now i'm up to wats ready, 4 reds, 5 blues, 2 daggers, 1 spear and 2 shields, by war (or by friday) i'll have another red or so, more blues, maybe more daggers, and another shield, MUHAHAHAHA lol though wat i have now barley fitx in the car, anyway....

tl/dr: no thnx then for pole, and GET UR BUTTS TI WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Svipdag

Svipdag

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:56 pm

If I make it to war, could I buy one of these cores? I'm still desperesparately looking for a ride and I'm not sure if I can make it, but if I'm there and there's a haven spear available, do want do want do want.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:01 pm

GET A RIDE WITH OGG, RIDE TO OGG WITH VAL, simple yes, if not i'll visit you again and bring one with cause i'm awsome liek that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:22 pm

So, Thanksgiving is coming up in a few weeks. I wasn't able to make it to WotIF, unfortunately, so I was wondering if I still have dibs on one of the spears. If so, is there anyway to get it back to Blue Springs for Thanksgiving break? I'd be glad to meet up with someone over that break to buy the spear.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:28 pm

It shall be done. Do you want the core or do you want me to go ahead and make a spear? 4 blank cores are left, but all of the finished spears have been purchased. (at least, to my knowledge)
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:00 am

I'd like a blank core. But it would be cool if I could get together with someone to show me how to make the spear. I'd like to get the most out of the core, and I'm not very experienced with making spears.
Back to top Go down
Khyn

Khyn

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:55 am

I'd like to buy one. Are any of you going to Shieldmeet that can bring a core? I'd like to give you money!
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:41 am

I AM A GIANT DOUCHE
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:52 am

I think Angus got hacked, haha.
Back to top Go down
Khyn

Khyn

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:33 pm

Angus wrote:
I AM A GIANT DOUCHE

Moving past denial is the first step to recovery. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:03 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:11 pm

Angus wrote:
I AM A GIANT DOUCHE

I laughed. So hard. XD wtf, Angus.
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:27 am

Its the from the same IP
not that it matters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spear Cores   Spear Cores - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spear Cores
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next