Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Endurance training

Go down 
+3
Svipdag
Constantine
Angus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Angus
Troll
Angus

Endurance training Empty
PostSubject: Endurance training   Endurance training Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:55 am

Okay, so, one of my goals for this unit is for us to build up our endurance by training as a group. I have been making an effort to jog a few miles around town a few nights a week, and even after a week or two of doing this, I have noticed a significant increase in my energy and stamina. I know exercising is one of those things that, like homework, gets easier when you're not doing it by yourself. I've been taking jogs in the evenings around 8:30-9pm. Anyone who wants to join me is welcome to. PM me your cell # or e-mail address, and I'll let you know when I'm going. Sometimes, I'll take my tower shield with me, just to get used to the weight, and add resistance.

If you are interested in this, let me know, and if anyone has ideas for drills to run, or just fun things to do as a unit, let me know.

Remember, this unit is open to anyone, and does not exclude you from joining other units if you so choose.
also, you don't necessarily have to be in the unit to train with us.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

Endurance training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance training   Endurance training Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:18 am

I'd probably do sprints with my gear. I'd also work on quick directional changes. But these are things I utilize, and I don't usually use a shield, so I don't know how it would apply to a shieldman. I don't know if you have a football team, or what kind of equipment they might have, or if you could use it, but if you can use those things they use to practice tackling and stuff you could practice shield bashing.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Svipdag

Svipdag

Endurance training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance training   Endurance training Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:48 pm

Do want do want do want
how to join?
Also fight with you at WotIF?
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

Endurance training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance training   Endurance training Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:27 pm

you better be there, and bring Jazz, if not i kidnap and hirt someone for making me come kidnap them >.>
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

Endurance training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance training   Endurance training Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:40 am

Svipdag wrote:
Do want do want do want
how to join?
Also fight with you at WotIF?

Absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

Endurance training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance training   Endurance training Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Tonight, (Tuesday) we will be doing some distance jogging with our shields. anyone who wants to join us, meet at my house at 8PM.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

Endurance training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance training   Endurance training Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:41 pm

I have lab from 6-8, but I might be able to run with you guys. It'll depend on a couple of things, but if you want me to run give me a call.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Endurance training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance training   Endurance training Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:09 pm

Iohn de Mar wrote:
I have lab from 6-8

For the LAST TIME, your lab is from 6:00-8:50PM. That means 6-9, idiot. -.- I've seriously told this to you four or five times now. wtf.

If I didn't have tests to study for tomorrow and the day after, I'd come. But I have a ton of shit to get done before I leave for War. :\ I wish you all the best of luck in training.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

Endurance training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance training   Endurance training Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:49 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

Endurance training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance training   Endurance training Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Gate guardians, Next Tuesday at the puck, 4PM. We'll do some shield bashing and maybe I'll bring some Javvies for us to practice with.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

Endurance training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance training   Endurance training Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:43 pm

Tomorrow night (Thursday) if I don't have too much homework, I'll take a jog out to Ber Juan. If you want to come with, show up at my house by 8pm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Endurance training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance training   Endurance training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Endurance training
Page 1 of 1