Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

List of all scenarios.

Go down 
+2
Kairi Cypmann
Constantine
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Constantine

Constantine

List of all scenarios. Empty
PostSubject: List of all scenarios.   List of all scenarios. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:51 pm

I thought it would be handy to have some place where we keep all the rules and regulations for the different scenarios we come across or develop ourselves. Turrin has a little notebook that he peruses at practice, but I figured the forums are less likely to get lost, haha. No offense Turrin Razz For those who contribute to this collection, please try to make the posts clean and easy to read. People who aren’t familiar with a scenario’s rules probably won’t enjoy sifting through poor grammar, spelling and punctuation to try and figure out what to do. I’ll add suggestions posted below to this first post for quick reference so people won’t have to scroll down through any off-topic comments to find all the scenarios. It would also be a good idea to save this list to your computer for off-line reference as well.

Basic format

SCENARIO NAME:
MATERIALS: rope, cones, rocks, etc. Not always necessary. Put N/A if there aren't any.
DESCRIPTION: rules of the scenario

NON-TEAM BATTLES==================================================

Circle Battles---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCENARIO NAME: Honor Circle
MATERIALS: No special materials are necessary, but rope or cones may be used to indicate boundaries.
DESCRIPTION: Fighters line the edge of the fighting area with their weapons on the ground before them. Two fighters choose weapons and start in the middle. They duel, and the winner stays in the circle. Weapons and injuries of the winner may or may not carry over at the discretion of the herald or the group. The loser returns to the edge of the fighting area and sits down. The winner then chooses a new opponent and the process repeats until one person is left.

SCENARIO NAME: Duck, Duck, Death
MATERIALS: No special materials are necessary, but rope or cones may be used to indicate boundaries.
DESCRIPTION: Fighters line the edge of the fighting area with their weapons on the ground before them. A selected herald walks around the edge of the circle, tapping fighters. The herald may choose to give fighters special powers/abilities. The tapped fighters enter the circle and choose weapons. Any fighters inside the circle are enemies. Any fighters who die in the fighting area return to the edge and wait to be tapped again. There is no limit to the number of fighters inside the circle and fighting usually doesn't end until either the herald chooses to end it or the fighters unanimously decide to stop.

Free-for-All Battles--------------------------------------------------------

SCENARIO NAME: Free-for-All (FFA)
MATERIALS: N/A
DESCRIPTION: Each fighter tries to stay alive while killing other fighters. There are no pre-formed teams, though temporary alliances may be formed if the fighters involved feel it is their best interests. There may or may not be resurrections.

SCENARIO NAME: Honor Free-for-All
DESCRIPTION: FFA setup, but fighters cannot attack other fighters unless direct eye contact is established between them.

SCENARIO NAME: Valhalla Battle
DESCRIPTION: A basic FFA setup, but the herald serves as a resurrection point. When a fighter resurrects, the herald can choose to give them a special power or ability. The only limits of these powers/abilities are the limits of the herald's imagination, with the exception that fighters cannot be made completely indestructible, because that's a dick move. Examples of powers/abilities include, but aren't limited to: Indestructible limbs, red damage with any weapon, death from only a specific person, and death from only specific weapons.

SCENARIO NAME: pending.
DESCRIPTION: This battle is similar to a Valhalla battle. It's a basic FFA setup, with a non-combat herald overseeing the battle and serving as a resurrection point. However, instead of assigning powers and abilities to fighters when they die, the herald starts with a weapon set and those who die trade weapons with the herald. If more than one fighter resurrects at the same time, the herald chooses who gets which weapons.

SCENARIO NAME: Kill Your Killer
DESCRIPTION: FFA setup, but if you are killed, you can resurrect when the person who killed you dies. Hence the only way to end the battle is by unanimous decision or one person killing everybody else.

SCENARIO NAME: Greek Fire [or Magic Fire]
MATERIALS: No special materials are necessary, but rocks or arrows can add to the effect.
DESCRIPTION: FFA setup, but certain weapons - such as rocks, arrows, or designated weapons - are covered with fire. If these weapons hit a person in any place, that person is now "on fire." That person can then run around loudly counting to 10, and in that time, anybody they touch ignites as well with the same effect. Touching shields and weapons doesn't count. Armor protects from the fire, but if the fire touches an unarmored body part, the person is ignited.

TEAM BATTLES========================================================

SCENARIO NAME: Warlord Battle
DESCRIPTION: FFA setup to start. When a fighter kills another person, that person counts to 15, then resurrects and is now a member of his/her killer's team and any person he/she kills is on the team as well. If a team leader dies, all of the team's members are free and must call free upon liberation. The battle ends when all fighters are on the same team. This battle can get very confusing. To make it a little easier, fighters should state the names of their teams and their team leaders after they kill other fighters. If a fighter dies and the leader of the team member who killed him/her dies before he/she resurrects, then the fighter is free and must call free when resurrected.

SCENARIO NAME: Bridge Battle
MATERIALS: Rope, or some other way of defining a narrow path that will represent the bridge
DESCRIPTION: Create the path that will represent the bridge. Players are divided into two teams, with the appropriate number of heralds overseeing the battle. Fighters will then engage in regular combat, and any fighters who step outside the boundaries of the bridge are called dead. Weapons that fall outside the boundaries are considered lost and may not be retrieved. Alternatively, fighters can kneel when not on the bridge to simulate wading through water.

SCENARIO NAME: Kill the King
DESCRIPTION: Players are divided into 2 or more teams, and each team either elects a King or is assigned one by a herald. The King may or may not have stoneskin stackable with armor. Each team has unlimited resurrections as long as the King is alive, so the goal is to kill the King. Battle may either end when a King is killed or when all fighters of the dead King's team are killed.

SCENARIO NAME: Princess Battle
DESCRIPTION: Players are divided into 2 or more teams, and each team either elects a Princess, Knight and a Troll or these positions are assigned to members of each team by the herald. The Knight has multiple points of stoneskin stackable with armor and the Troll can deal red damage with any weapon. Each team's goal is to kill the other team's Princess.

SCENARIO NAME: Vampires vs Werewolves
MATERIALS: Green and/or yellow weapons are necessary.
DESCRIPTION: Players are divided into 2 teams, vampires and werewolves. Vampires can only be killed by green weapons to the torso, or yellow weapons to the head or torso. Vampires ignore the two-limb=death rule. Werewolves have 1 extra hit on each target zone, and may only be killed by "silver" weapons. "Silver" weapons are specially designated weapons. These will be defined by the event coordinator. No armor for either vampires or werewolves.

SCENARIO NAME: Necromancer vs Paladin
DESCRIPTION: Players are divided into 2 teams. The Paladin team chooses a paladin. The paladin has 2 points of stoneskin (stacks with armor), and may heal wounds by kneeling and laying his/her hands on the injured while "praying" for 10 seconds. The Necromancer team likewise chooses a necromancer. The necromancer may "turn" the living after they are killed, but may not heal wounds. Once resurrected as a zombie, a player may only "shamble" (walk, not run).

SCENARIO NAME: Elemental Battle
DESCRIPTION: Separate fighters into four teams: Earth, Water, Fire, and Wind.
Earth: Has 3 points of stoneskin.
Water: Any member of the Water team can heal any other member of the Water team, but the two members must be touching and the healer must count to 5. Healing does not bring back the dead, it only heals injuries.
Fire: I was having trouble thinking of ideas for Fire and Wind. I had a couple of ideas for Fire. Once or twice per battle, a member of the Fire team can "summon fire," at which point his/her weapon has the fire properties described in Greek Fire. An alternative is that when a member of the Fire team dies, he/she bursts into flame, at which point they have the 10 second rule described in Greek Fire.
Wind: Metal armor does not count for members of the Wind team, but projectile weapons do not damage members of the Wind team and the members cannot neither injure other players nor be injured by other players while running (it is assumed they are flying or running too fast).

We could potentially add two more teams: Light and Dark (Paladin and Necromancer, basically). The Light team would have one member who can resurrect fallen allies and repair weapons and the Dark team would have a member who can resurrect any dead. If the Paladin dies, his/her team is still alive, but can't resurrect. If the Necromancer dies, any living fighters who were originally on his/her team are still alive, but anyone resurrected by him/her dies.

SCENARIO NAME: Capture the Flag
MATERIALS: Unused weapons or items to serve as "flags."
DESCRIPTION: Players are divided into 2 teams, resurrection points for each team are designated and each team is given a flag. Each team's goal is to capture the other team's flag and return it to their own flag. A team cannot win unless both flags are in its flag location. Flags cannot be thrown, but they can be handed off to other fighters. If a fighter carrying a flag is killed, he or she must drop the flag at the place of death. Further rules are variable: Once the flag is dropped, only a member of the team which owns it can touch it, or once it's dropped anyone can touch it.

SCENARIO NAME: Chapel, Mill, Armory
MATERIALS: Rope or cones to outline each of the three buildings.
DESCRIPTION: Players are divided into 2 teams. Each team has a Chapel, a Mill and an Armory as indicated by ropes or cones. Each team also has a torch. The object is to burn all of the opponent's buildings down by carrying the torch through the door of each building. If the Chapel is burned, the team loses its ability to resurrect. If the Mill is burned, arrows and javelins can no longer be used [I'm not sure about this rule]. If the Armory is destroyed, armor no longer counts. A team loses when all of its buildings are burned.

SCENARIO NAME: Thermopolae Battle
MATERIALS: None are necessary, but some rope or cones may be used to simulate a corridor
DESCRIPTION: Fighters are chosen to represent the Spartans. They are given multiple points of stoneskin. The rest of the fighters represent the Persians and have no special powers/abilites. Resurrections may or may not be allowed. To simulate how vastly outnumbered the Spartans were, the Persians may have unlimited resurrections while the Spartans only have limited or no resurrections. The battle is simple - Persians try to kill all the Spartans, and the Spartans try to kill all the Persians.

MISCELLANEOUS BATTLES========================================

SCENARIO NAME: Capture the (object)
MATERIALS: Some sort of object that can be captured. It can be a weapon (preferably a small one, such as a dagger, short sword or rock), a piece of garb or cloth, or some other object.
DESCRIPTION: This battle may be fought in teams or as a FFA. The only way to win this battle is to have control of the object for a count of 60 (this number may be adjusted as desired) and to get a pre-set number of kills while in control of the object. Whether or not the kills must be made within the 60 count can be decided before the battle, as well as how many kills must be made. If the person in control of the object dies or drops the object in any way (players must drop the object if the arm carrying it is lost), the count ends and the object is free to be picked up by any who can get to it. A resurrection limit may or may not be set, and the resurrection point may be designated before the battle.

If the game is being played in teams, a team wins when one of its members fulfills the requirements. The kill requirement can only be met by the player who is holding the object.

If the object is a weapon, it may be used as such. If the object is a shield, it must be a punch shield (so it can be easily dropped), and if its dimensions are greater than 2 ft x 3ft., or 30 in. diameter if it’s a round shield, then it may not be used as a shield and any hits to the shield count as hits to the arm holding it.

Last edited by Constantine on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: List of all scenarios.   List of all scenarios. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:53 pm

Wow. We have quite a few in Rolla we could easily add to this list. I'll try and get Iohn or myself to type some of them up and post them here, because I like the idea of having all these in one place where they won't be lost (hopefully).
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: List of all scenarios.   List of all scenarios. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Indeed. I'd also suggest various members of Haven saving this document to their computers for off-line reference.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: List of all scenarios.   List of all scenarios. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:37 pm

I love this idea, but I would go a step further. believe it or not, there is actually a wiki page that has all kinds of scenario battles from realms all over the place. I have posted a couple of my scenario ideas there, and I sometimes peruse it for ideas as well.
The page is here:
http://geddon.org/index.php/Category:Scenario_battles
I know, I know, it's Belegarth and not Dagorhir, but as some of you already know, these are essentially the same game, with a couple minor political differences.
with your permission, I will just post these on the wiki page.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: List of all scenarios.   List of all scenarios. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:49 pm

Angus wrote:
with your permission,

You ask for permission? wtf JUST DO IT!!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: List of all scenarios.   List of all scenarios. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 8:40 pm

That's cool Angus. You can put them there, but I think it would still be useful if this post stays in the forums somewhere and if some people save a copy to their computers.
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: List of all scenarios.   List of all scenarios. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:57 pm

to print!!! ;] woot good jorb someotees look awesome i will post the 2er4 i dont see later on tonigh/this morning/ near the end of time
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: List of all scenarios.   List of all scenarios. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:49 pm

SCENARIO NAME: Elemental Battle
DESCRIPTION: Separate fighters into four teams: Earth, Water, Fire, and Wind.

Earth: Has 3 points of stoneskin.

Water: Any member of the Water team can heal any other member of the Water team, but the two members must be touching and the healer must count to 5. Healing does not bring back the dead, it only heals injuries.

Fire: I was having trouble thinking of ideas for Fire and Wind. I had a couple of ideas for Fire. Once or twice per battle, a member of the Fire team can "summon fire," at which point his/her weapon has the fire properties described in Greek Fire. An alternative is that when a member of the Fire team dies, he/she bursts into flame, at which point they have the 10 second rule described in Greek Fire.

Wind: Metal armor does not count for members of the Wind team, but projectile weapons do not damage members of the Wind team and the members cannot neither injure other players nor be injured by other players while running (it is assumed they are flying or running too fast).

We could potentially add two more teams: Light and Dark (Paladin and Necromancer, basically). The Light team would have one member who can resurrect fallen allies and repair weapons and the Dark team would have a member who can resurrect any dead. If the Paladin dies, his/her team is still alive, but can't resurrect. If the Necromancer dies, any living fighters who were originally on his/her team are still alive, but anyone resurrected by him/her dies.

Last edited by Constantine on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Barca
Troll
Barca

PostSubject: Re: List of all scenarios.   List of all scenarios. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:41 pm

A new idea I had, with a couple variations...

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Basic Version

This works best with 9 or 18 people

You basically make three teams, and each team has an equal number of rocks, papers, and scissors.

As in the classic game, rocks destroy scissors, papers destroy rocks, and scissors destroy papers.

This also means that a player can only be injured or killed by the appropriate person. So, success will come to the team that can protect its vulnerable members while striking with the invincible members.

As it may end up that people without reds have to kill people with shields, I recommend that shields can be killed by four blue and/or green hits(green will require two hands) in this battle.

When attacking, players will call rock, paper, or scissors, adding double or red as needed

There are no rezes, last team standing wins.

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Hardcore Version

This should work with any number of people

Everybody lines up, and picks a piece of paper out of a hat, each piece of paper has three or so positions (out of RPS) and the player is the first position in the first battle, second position in the second battle, and so on, they do not show this paper to anybody

You pick two team captains, and they pick teams normally (who picks first is, of course, decided by RPS), with the end result being that the teams are not neccessarily balanced.

The two teams fight, and shields work normally in regards to reds, though shields are vulnerable to red hits from any player, not just the type you're vulnerable to. The losing team picks one person from the other team to join their team, and everyone uses the second role on their paper in the next battle, etc.

The teams should try to keep their roles secret (people on the team should know each others roles, however), so that the roles of the people on the other team can only be determined by their attacks (which they are supposed to call when striking)

The goal of this is to promote flexibility in formations, as formations adapt to discoveries about the other team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of all scenarios.   List of all scenarios. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List of all scenarios.
Page 1 of 1