Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We need loaner gear!

Go down 
+3
Kairi Cypmann
Odin
Barca
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Barca
Troll
Barca

We need loaner gear! Empty
PostSubject: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:16 pm

Alright, you may have seen the post on the facebook group, but they are going to write an article about us for the paper,and I've heard that it's going to be a pretty long one.

So, this will probably be one of our biggest recruiting actions, and we need to be prepared, and for that, we are going to need loaner weapons.

We need to find out who is willing to work on some equipment before the wednesday after next (the 28th) (it is very unlikely that the article would be in this week's paper)

I propose that we again meet at the field of dreams at the RC, except I propose we meet outside RC2, so we can take advantage of the covered area.

Okay, so who's willing to work, or who has ideas on what/how much we should make?
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:58 pm

first of all Haven members NEED TO PAY DUES!

now i haven't paid yet so im just as guilty, but this could be a perfect chance, if people pay dues / donate dap, foam, pvc, then we could take care of dues and weapons at once.

And Barca has a good point that we may see a lot of recruits after this article. I propose that anyone who makes a GOOD, LASTING weapon have their dues waved, (since they would donate it).

we should probably make lots of blues and a few reds. we'll need a large equipment bag of some sort to keep them in
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:13 pm

This seems a perfect place to announce that within the month of October and November, I'll be collecting dues at practice. Dues are only $5, so consider this your warning to set aside some money in advance.

I don't think we can make an equipment bag large enough to hold all the weapons we might make, but we definitely need a designated place to store them. That'll likely be the tricky part.

I'm willing to help make weapons or drive people around and what have you. Just let me know when. I'm a rather busy bee, so it might be hard for me to make time to do this. -.-;
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:24 pm

When should I pay my dues? If I can't make it down to Rolla on the 23rd or 24th like Crux and I are planning to, maybe we can meet over Thanksgiving or winter.

:::OFF TOPIC:::
Also, do you still want province reports? If you're ever wondering what's going on here, I'm still the only Havener. I've only been able to make it to a couple of practices this semester, and I probably won't be making it to many more with the cold weather and the tons of work to do.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Barca
Troll
Barca

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Update:

The article is coming out tonight, and thus, we would have to have equipment by wednesday. I don't know what we should do about this, but I'm assuming practice will be cancelled today, so we could work on stuff during the time we usually practice.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:42 pm

i see no reason to cancel pratice, ppl could bring supplies and work there or just fight as normal, if worse comes to worse we will just have to switch weapons.

and how did the article go out if no one was interviewed at practice?
Back to top Go down
Barca
Troll
Barca

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:54 pm

First off, I think it is way too wet out there for practice, and also, me, Iohn, and Kairi were sent the questions they wanted for the article, and we sent them back, so that's how they did the interviews.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:37 pm

it is not that wet really and if it is an issue we can just do a dead leg thing and stand.

but we need to make a call soon either way. i thnk we should meet, simply because it is in fact wednesday, and at practice we can tell everybody about the loner gear and such
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:06 pm

NO OFFICIAL PRACTICE TODAY (10-14)
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:25 pm

as to the name of the topic, I have tons of loaner gear, lots of peeps use my stuff.. i think i've donated this or that or watev's for dues if not Razz bite me lol, i'm goin into the service in dec i doubt i can do much with haven for a while....
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:03 pm

yes back to topic we need loner gear, but we won't get enough people to just donate their stuff, i will sell blue swords to haven for super cheap, OR if haven buys the materials i will make all i can, but unless this happens by monday, you're looking at maybe 1-2 weapons (i'm out of town this weekend)

I propose that we have some plans for a foam smithing party laid out, that way when people come who are new and want to fight we will tell them about it
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:48 pm

I will use my chunk of due money to pay for either a weapon or materials for you to make weapons. Remind me next time I see you.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:52 pm

ok, i'll use mine to cover the dap or foam then, anyone wanna jump in on cores?
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:01 pm

I have lots of PVC at the house. It is free to any foamsmith who needs it. Several pieces of 1" PVC pipe @ 4ft. and 1 or 2 10ft. pieces of 1/2" PVC
Back to top Go down
Barca
Troll
Barca

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:48 pm

Awesome, I've got the majority of a can of DAP, and a very small amount of foam, so I could let you use those and buy another roll of blue foam.

When did we want to work on these? I'm going to be busy until Tuesday, what's everybody else's schedule like?
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:11 pm

im not sure i just kinda work on stuff in my room whenever...but generally after noon im open....unless there is homework
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:35 pm

For those of you making loaner weapons. Please. Just make blue swords. They are the most material efficient.

1/2" PVC core cut to 32". 2" pommel, 5" handle. That leaves 25" of core for the blade.

Start with the foam box around the core, and wrap the last two blade layers over the tip. Duct tape the flats near the tip.

This will produce a cheap, long-lasting weapon for newbz.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:42 pm

If you make them 30" instead of 32", you can get 4 cores from one 10 ft. section of pipe. This is more efficient, but since 1/2 inch pipe is SOOO cheap, it really only makes about a 10 cent difference per core.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:43 pm

What Angus said.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:59 pm

i just made a pair of swords for somone, 1 4' fiberglass core for 2, little foam, 16.5" blades, ~6" handgrip, ~1.5" high pommel, like near no flex, will prolly have to be weighted though Razz
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:09 pm

if anyone has a roll of foam then feel free to drop it by this weekend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need loaner gear!   We need loaner gear! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We need loaner gear!
Page 1 of 1