Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We have gotten a rather strange request...

Go down 
+5
Angus
kurai
Kairi Cypmann
Odin
Barca
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Constantine

Constantine

We have gotten a rather strange request... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We have gotten a rather strange request...   We have gotten a rather strange request... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 4:26 pm

I wish sororities at my school were that cool, haha. The boffer fighting here at Truman doesn't get much attention, as far as I'm aware. I could be wrong though.

And with regards to weather: boffer fighting is supposed to be fun, and I don't usually have as much fun when it's raining, snowing, extremely cold or extremely hot. Like Kairi said, inter-realm events are one thing; practices that happen once or twice a week can be skipped now and then without any qualms.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: We have gotten a rather strange request...   We have gotten a rather strange request... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 6:28 pm

CHIOMEGA wrote:
I was just wondering what you guys do in the winter? Do you have indoor practices? And how often do you usually practice? What is your favorite thing about boffing? I'm really interested in the sport! sorry to be so obnoxious

As far as making weapons, maybe you could teach us how to make them after our boffing world premiere. I think we're kind of in a time crunch and we wouldn't want to be fighting with primitive weapons. I personally would want to have enough time to learn how to do it right, rather than quickly.

Anyways, I hope you have fun today and we both learn more about each other's organizations. Maybe we'll make some new friends too!

We meet on wednesday at 4 at the puck and sundays at shoman park around 2-3 (that one's kinda hit and miss)

currently we are trying to become and offical school sponcored club, which will let allow us to reserve rooms in the rec center to fight in during the winter, so hopefully we will get that done very soon.
and no worries! ur not obnoxious Smile my fav thing...hmm i guess the fighting itself, lol. plus its fun to fight with others in teams and with your friends.

and we are in the process of planning a foamsmithing session, which you are certainly welcome to come to, we can show you all you need to know.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: We have gotten a rather strange request...   We have gotten a rather strange request... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:32 pm

Angus wrote:
What is it with you guys and backing out of a practice every time there's a little water outside? Fight in the rain, don't be a weenie. No more canceling practice on account of weather, please. Most of us are still happy to come to practice when the weather's bad. Those who feel the need to chicken out have no right telling those who don't when they can and can't fight. It frustrates and confuses people when you tell them not to practice and they can clearly tell that the weather is fine.
Rain? fine.
Snow? fine.
Sleet? fine.
Hail? fine.
Freezing cold? fine.
Zombie Apocalypse? fine. (Also, kudos to our fearless leader for showing up to and disappearing from practice without getting tagged by any of the 6+ zombies at practice yesterday)
150 degree heat index? not fine.
Flash Floods? not fine.
Ball Lightning? not fine.
Erupting Volcano? not fine.
Cthulhu? not fine.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect everyone to come to every practice, but some of you guys are vets of Flood Gates and Iron Fish, you should not be backing down because of a light drizzle.

There, Angus Rant.

tl;dr: we will not cancel. we will fight in the rain, and we will like it!

dude i'd practice with cthulhu, i want him on my team, also, if i use lightning bolt does that count as a ball lightin and should cancle practice?
Back to top Go down
kurai

kurai

PostSubject: Re: We have gotten a rather strange request...   We have gotten a rather strange request... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:58 pm

Just saying, Tyr's got it Right. Cthulhu is a badass. Can wield like, ten weapons at once with that tentacle beard of his.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: We have gotten a rather strange request...   We have gotten a rather strange request... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:30 pm

We have gotten a rather strange request... - Page 2 Haha_o10

Lol, I was pretty out of it when I wrote that post
But yeah, even if the weather's bad, I'll be there, and so will a few others usually. Practice should never be "canceled" except in serious safety risk situations. Please don't call off practices for little stuff like rain. Canceling practice implies that the people who do want to fight are somehow obligated not to, just because a few people say so.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: We have gotten a rather strange request...   We have gotten a rather strange request... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:43 pm

oh angus,, there are times when i think u've fought in hail too much....lol
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: We have gotten a rather strange request...   We have gotten a rather strange request... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:43 pm

I had so much fun today! ^.^ I'm really glad we decided to go to Chi Omega. Plus, we also got some very tasty free food, haha. Thanks for having us out girls! (:
Back to top Go down
Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar

Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar

PostSubject: Re: We have gotten a rather strange request...   We have gotten a rather strange request... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:50 am

I definitely agree with angus, however I would be out there even in the "not fine" areas, but only after I made sure everyone I cared about was safe, such as family and friends who aren't as badass as I am lol
But seriously, I do my best to make it to every wednesday practice, and sundays are up for grabs depending on homework, wich has been piled alarmingly high.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We have gotten a rather strange request...   We have gotten a rather strange request... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We have gotten a rather strange request...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Provinces :: Rolla Area-
Jump to: