Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advertising Dagorhir

Go down 
+5
Iohn deMar
Jeiku
Odin
Kairi Cypmann
Bro'gar
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bro'gar
Field Marshal
Bro'gar

Advertising Dagorhir Empty
PostSubject: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Is anyone interested in getting a few people together, planting a Haven banner or two on a roadside, and beating the crap out of each other to help recruit? Possibly over the summer and/or at the beginning of next semester. I'm sure that there are more people that wanna fight but don't know about it. If we can give a good hardcore example of combat, it could help our public rep too.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:27 pm

It might be a good idea to try having a practice on the Havener lawn sometime, or do a demo there around a lunchtime during the week since it's such a high traffic area. I know we have one banner at least, too.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:04 pm

fighting in various locations is really a good idea, such as havener. I know we got a few freshmen by fighting there during opening week this year. Also FLYERS FLYERS FLYERS. If we get this RSO thing, we need to flood the dorms with flyers. You need to make it simple and fun, something that the RA's will approve easily. Also you can contact KMNR and request advertising for an event, (say, our first practice) at no cost.
Back to top Go down
Jeiku

Jeiku

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:23 am

It will be a good idea to practice in the Havener lawn until the walking bacon arrives saying that we cannot partake in public violence.
Back to top Go down
Bro'gar
Field Marshal
Bro'gar

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:14 pm

I meant like at a stoplight, in the middle of town. I think we can get a local base going as well as the school.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 7:38 pm

I think that's going to draw negative attention more than positive.
Back to top Go down
Jeiku

Jeiku

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:30 pm

I say that we just stick to our ordinary spots and put up flyers, if we are ever given permission by the people who run the facilities. Otherwise, we should be present at PRO days and open houses, because, on my PRO day, I saw Angus at our booth with foam weapons sitting behind him and I asked him questions. The most likely people that will be attracted to this are incoming freshmen who are looking for clubs to join. If they discover us after the joining about three others, they won't have any interest in us.

Also, if we were to fight on Havener lawn, I would not be disappointed with any positive attention. At this point, we would probably look like attention whores, particularly because we are already very notorious, but not very popular.

So, our moments of popularity are on PRO days, Open Houses, and Opening Week.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Advertising Dagorhir Contrarian_trollcat

I think it would be a good idea to get a local base going. Rather than an intersection, we could find a very public field, or post more flyers at spots that those young'ens go. Also high schools are a good pool.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:07 am

New fields are a better idea. Doing this next to an intersection is a terrible, terrible idea. The main reason I say that is the random shit we already have to deal with when we move practice to the side field on some Wednesday's recently (and in the past). We've had some pretty terrible experiences, a lot of random honking, yelling, and other disruptions that are not helpful in any way, and on the whole we rarely get anyone in that area who walks by and signs a waiver.

Perhaps practicing at other local parks and fields is a great idea. Havener is also a great place and had a large amount of success for us in the past when we've done that. Depending on PRO days is a bad idea, because honestly last year we had three or four people take fliers; the only one that showed up was you, Jeiku. :\ We're actually not as notorious as you think, either. Very few people know about us unless they happen to walk past the Puck on a Wednesday.

In short: FLIERS. And new fields. (:

Also: Odin, did we want to try to do a demo thing for that high school or what?
Back to top Go down
Jeiku

Jeiku

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:28 am

Kairi Cypmann wrote:
...last year we had three or four people take fliers; the only one that showed up was you, Jeiku.

Yay! I feel special! ^.^

But, anyway, if there is a public area distant from the road that I know of, it is in one of the far corners of Schuman Park, where we would hardly seen at all. So, we should try and look for new locations whenever we get a chance.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:37 am

We don't want to be completely away from the public either, though. I just think it's a bad idea to be near a high-traffic area where cars are constantly streaming by. The entire point is to be seen, just not by every single jerk out there in the world.
Back to top Go down
Jeiku

Jeiku

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:53 am

Like those losers from FedEx? >.>"
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:35 am

Post fliers along pine st., in the dorms, on campus, at parks, the highschool...
Send a request in to KMNR, the e-connect, ect.

No need to fight at a stoplight.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:53 am

Kairi Cypmann wrote:

Also: Odin, did we want to try to do a demo thing for that high school or what?

I never heard back from him, and it has been a month. I will prolly email him again and give him your email as a contact if that's ok.

Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:03 am

Probably best to give that to Cole, actually. >.>
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:25 am

too late, already sent him urs saying you were in charge of everything and would make them stuff there for free tomorrow before their school starts. hope that works. XD
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:29 am

I hate you. ._.
Back to top Go down
Jeiku

Jeiku

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:31 am

Well my two cents are already paid, so I really don't have any other good ideas. Flyers, new field, avoid stoplights, all f which aren't even my own.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:44 am

Kairi Cypmann wrote:
I hate you. ._.

...I think you meant:

Kairi Cypmann wrote:
I'll be in that area around 7am anyway for no reason so that will work perfectly!
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:51 am

T___T
Back to top Go down
Bro'gar
Field Marshal
Bro'gar

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 4:09 am

Well there are other parks. Like Lion's Club for example that a lot of people, not just parents and their kids will go to. They have a baseball field and basketball goals over there, and it will probably be quite buzzing over the summer. Rolla doesn't have too many local hubs, unfortunately, so our best bet is probably word of mouth. Which is part of the reason why I wanted to get more public, but it would probably be bad to have that much negative attention.

I mean if we had a horse drawn chariot and road around full garb.. lol.

Another park that people go to is Green Acres, but there are a whole lot more bike riders and little kids there. Maybe we can get Pixelated to give out fliers, I know the owner. I don't know if you guys have ever been, but its a pay for time computer gaming store in town. Across the street is Eclipse, magazine/rpg store, and I know its owners as well lol. I think a flood of fliers could do us a lot of good.
Time to spend the rest of that print budget?
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 4:12 am

Pixelated is a great idea, as is Eclipse. And Lion's Club was the park I had in mind when I was thinking of other places, so I like that idea as well, haha. Iohn and I will be here during the summer, and I know we'd be up for a practice or two once in a while. I've always wanted to do more Dag stuff at Lion's Club. It's just so nice.
Back to top Go down
Jeiku

Jeiku

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 4:29 am

Unfortunately, some of us won't be in Rolla over the summer.... :<
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:08 am

PRINT QUOTA.
USE IT ALL
MAKE WAIVERS
MAKE FLYERS
WILL DONATE ALL MINE.
WILL SPEAK IN CAPS
Back to top Go down
Frag

Frag

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 4:11 pm

WILL COPY ODIN
WILL GIVE PRINT QUOTA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advertising Dagorhir
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next