Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LAME.

Go down 
+4
Eldrin THE BLACK
Kairi Cypmann
Orrin None-son
Constantine
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Constantine

Constantine

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:24 pm

The boffer fighting up here isn't as fun. They don't let us grapple. At all. Not people, not polearms, nothing. It sucks, because I totally caught this one guy's glaive and hit him like four times, but another guy is like "Yeah, you can't grab people's weapons." I said "I thought it was considered grappling." He said there's no grappling. LAME. It's all ******* up here, and ******* is so different, even though it's still boffer fighting. I mean, one guy was using tonfa yesterday. Giant tonfa, like three feet long, so they were basically swords with handles perpendicular to the blade. But tonfa aren't legal in Dag, so they threw me way off. They also didn't look as safe or as effective as regular swords.

I still enjoy the fighting, but I really miss Dag. I've been thinking about putting up some flyers for Dag-only practices, especially ones that advertise Haven. I just don't know if I have the time for it. My schedule is usually pretty packed. I've only been to three of the boffer practices up here since I came here. I want to continue to practice with Dag rules though, because I don't want to get to a war and accidentally bring tonfa because I forgot they weren't legal and then totally forget that I can grapple spears. That would suck.

The fighters themselves are really cool people. I want to make sure that if they get on here and read this post that they understand I wasn't attacking them personally. I just had some issues with the rules of *******, but it's all good now.

Last edited by Constantine on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 7:28 pm

Hey bro, I know the feeling. Our local Amtgard is lame as heck too.

The other local dag group joins with Amt on a regular basis. They like to play a hi-bred of the two...

Oh, and Alo says hi, he wishes he could have hung out with you more at Gates.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 7:29 pm

Wow. That really, really sucks, Constantine. We're lucky that in Rolla, there wasn't anything already set up, so Dagorhir rules are what everyone is currently using.
I'd die if I couldn't grapple spears. And I mean seriously; in battle, when I lose an arm to a spear, I usually end up trying to grapple it. -.-;
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 8:07 pm

No kidding. It's a very useful trick.

And Orrin, please give my salutations to Alo. I wish we had more time to talk at Gates as well. Perhaps in the future we'll get a better chance. :]
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 8:11 pm

No prob. My parents just moved further north, so when I take vacation to visit them, I will try to make a circut to all the Haven provinces.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:06 pm

Having gotten to know the fighters here and gained more experience in the style, I retract my earlier statements. I know longer consider it lame. It's merely different.
Back to top Go down
Eldrin THE BLACK

Eldrin THE BLACK

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:02 pm

Very good Constantine, very good. And there are a lot of valuable tricks and moves you can learn from ******* fighters and apply to dag. Although, SKBC is kind of a disappointment. I've learned a lot from *******, I just don't particularly care for playing myself.
Back to top Go down
Szabo Erinach

Szabo Erinach

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:01 pm

I'm so sorry. Sooooo sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.embracethestar.com
Crux

Crux

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:02 pm

Yeah, Amt is fairly different from dag in most respects. The main reason we use it up here is because myself and Ben both knew *******. I tried to get it started as ********* first, however since both of us knew amt, and i didn't want to seem like a dick who just wanted to be in charge, we introduced both, but have mainly suck with amt rules, though really except for grappling, the fighting rules are about the same (we don't really do class stuff at the moment) It's sad the SKBC was a disappointment, I've heard good things about it from diff groups.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 7:19 pm

Yeah, I realized how similar they really are after a while. Amt weapons are a lot lighter, for the most part, but otherwise it's about the same [class systems aside]. The closest we have to a class system is our Vocations, which aren't Dag standard, just something we thought was a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:16 am

Also the healers thingy, if they're allowed in a game.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:25 pm

I think healers are allowed in Dag, they just have to recite a 180 syllable poem, which takes a long time. So we don't see very many of them.
Back to top Go down
Tygreive

Tygreive

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:39 pm

180 syllables isn't that hard to recite, its making it up thats the tricky part. What are the actual rules on Healers? i'm curious... Cool
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:49 pm

6.8. Healing
6.8.1. The Healer cannot heal her/himself or their own equipment.
6.8.2. To heal a person, the Healer must be in direct physical contact with the injured
person.
6.8.3. A healer may not heal a person while either are under direct attack. If the Healer
or injured person is attacked or distracted, or contact is broken for any reason, the
entire Poem of Healing must be read or recited again.
6.8.4. A Poem of Healing must then be recited or read aloud. The minimum length of a
poem of healing is 180 syllables and must be approved at event check-in.
6.8.5. When the healer completes reading the Healing Poem, all wounds and any items
held by the wounded fighter are healed or repaired (i.e. armor, bow, shield, etc.).
Weapon Type

here you go Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LAME. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAME.   LAME. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LAME.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Provinces :: Truman Area-
Jump to: