Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Future events in or around Holden.

Go down 
+10
Eldrin THE BLACK
Sir Skeith, the Forsaken
Tyr
Kairen
Barca
Tygreive
Kairi Cypmann
Iohn deMar
Crux
Constantine
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Constantine

Constantine

Future events in or around Holden. Empty
PostSubject: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:32 pm

I noticed that by the end of Saturday it was a pretty unanimous decision to break camp and drive the extra 30-45 minutes back to some of our respective houses. I figured that in the future this option could be included in the basic planning for the events. I don't mind camping at the site on Friday night, but if we've already planned to pack up and head out on Saturday night, it would probably run a lot more smoothly than it did when it was a rather spur-of-the-moment decision. It felt really nice to be able to take a hot shower and have a soft, warm place to sleep after all the fighting, and it meant we were already packed and ready to go home on Sunday. All of these benefits sure made the extra driving plenty worth it in my opinion. Of course, I didn't really plan on doing any fighting Sunday morning, so I may have a slightly biased opinion, haha.

What do you guys think? I say we definitely keep the option in mind when we go to future events.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Crux

Crux

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:01 pm

It's a good option to have, especially if things like war of the iron fish happen again. One thing we could do is drive down just to your houses and stay there and just drive to the fighting each day as an option, but us a van to carpool.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:29 pm

My home, Kairi's home, and now Constantine's are open for crash space as far as I know right now. I love playing in the mud as much as the next Dagorhirrim, but after every event down there being a bloody, muddy wet mess...a 30 minute drive to a warm bed and hot shower sounds really really nice.
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:33 pm

Kind of like what Eldrin was talking about, not wanting to camp since it was so terrible the last few times. Depending on the forecast for WotIF i think it might be a good plan to have. It would give us a nice place to sleep, and plenty of room to have warm up sparring in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:22 am

My current plan, ever since we packed up this past weekend, is to plan to go to next War/Gates with this in mind:
Plan A) There's no chance of rain, and so we all camp and are merry. Whee.
Plan B) Because it's kind of muddy and it might rain or it's too cold etc etc excuses, we use our camp for chilling only. We bring chairs to sit in, firewood, and maybe stuff to eat, as well as some tarps to stick over us. Then we forgo the actual camping aspect, pack up the few things we've got (or just leave them for the night if we're ok with that) and drive to designated homes late in the evening after we've hung out with other camps so we can sleep in warm, dry conditions and possibly have the chance to shower.

That's my plan. I'm hoping we won't have to resort to Plan B, but I think it's good to have one thoroughly worked out just in case.
Back to top Go down
Tygreive

Tygreive

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:44 am

That sounds like an excellent plan of action, Kairi.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:05 am

I was talking to Crux about something like that too, Kairi. It would make packing easier because we'd only need a few chairs and maybe a tarp for cover in case of rain. Breaking down camp would take like a minute.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Barca
Troll
Barca

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:29 am

That is a really awesome idea
Back to top Go down
Kairen

Kairen

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:00 am

I agree. It would be awesome to have good weather and actually camp out there, but apparently the world of dagorhir is plagued with mud and rain, so it's nice to have some other options.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:54 pm

Kairen wrote:
but apparently the world of dagorhir is plagued with mud and rain

The only event I've ever been to where it wasn't wet and muddy at least some of the time was War of the Iron Fist IV. So yes, backup plans = awesome.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:58 pm

i slept in my car, which was dry and warm Razz but i left around 2am saturday..
Back to top Go down
Sir Skeith, the Forsaken

Sir Skeith, the Forsaken

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Just FYI I think Dominion is looking into a new site so War VI may be the last event at Steward Farm. I've been told they are looking around and will more than likely announce something at War VI. We've just grown too big to use that site, which isn't a bad thing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwestdagorhir.proboards91.com
Crux

Crux

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:32 pm

what would be a cool way to use the farm if they still wanted to (or other similar areas), would be to camp out more in the field area, and have the fighting go on in the woods.
Back to top Go down
Eldrin THE BLACK

Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:57 pm

Thank god!
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:03 pm

Hear hear!
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:24 am

I just hope the new site has wooded campsites... I hate field camping. that is just pansy citykids playing a a camping trip....lol
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:06 pm

I really enjoy the wooded camps, too-- when it's not muddy and impossible to walk to them.

I'm glad to hear they may be relocating after this year. I only hope it's an even better site and not a step backwards.
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:06 am

Yeah, one with woods we could fight in too =P
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:10 pm

Marty is trying to organize a woods battle here for june should be good
I love woods fighting its the best (smiths should host another!!)
Back to top Go down
Crux

Crux

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:46 pm

I agree, especially if there are some areas of fields interspersed.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:43 pm

I'm a fan of camping in the woods surrounding the battlefield. That way everyone has easy access to just about everything. I remember Tolkien Wars being like this. O'course, that was a long time ago. I don't think Dominion even does Tolkien Wars anymore.
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:06 pm

You old fogey....
Back to top Go down
Anndra Kenzie

Anndra Kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:43 pm

lol XD
Iohn is old Razz haha
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:20 am

Yeah. That was way back when I first joined Dagorhir and Sir Aster and his Knights thought it would be funny to dub me "Harry Potter" because I suppose I looked a lot like him when I was 12. Lol.

I remember Tolkien Wars was pretty fun even though there was a lot of really poor behavior off the field. I can vaguely remember Albruit, Odin, Loki, Percival, and some crazy chick florentiner who was scarry as hell. I wish I knew where that campsite was because it was a really really nice one. It was a large grassy field surrounded by woods. We all camped at the edge of the forest and had a long line of campfires. It was really sweet. Ah the memories...
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:12 am

surly do u don't speak of me???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future events in or around Holden.   Future events in or around Holden. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future events in or around Holden.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Town Square :: General Discussion-
Jump to: