Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

War of the Iron Fist planning

Go down 
+9
JeandeMaxwell
Anndra Kenzie
turrinbarturrin
Tyr
Elysia Faal
Constantine
Kairi Cypmann
Logar
Vala
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Are you going to War? (post your answer as well)
Yes!
War of the Iron Fist planning Vote_lcap38%War of the Iron Fist planning Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
No!
War of the Iron Fist planning Vote_lcap8%War of the Iron Fist planning Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
I think I can....
War of the Iron Fist planning Vote_lcap38%War of the Iron Fist planning Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
I think I can't....
War of the Iron Fist planning Vote_lcap15%War of the Iron Fist planning Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

War of the Iron Fist planning Empty
PostSubject: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:25 pm

Okay guys, lets get this done we have about 16 days till we go to war and I hate nothing more than waiting to the last minute (or the week before) to plan stuff, because I need to get my stuff together starting next week if there is anything I need to bring (food, tents, other supplies).
Also: Keep all talking in here relevant to the planning. I know you aren't spammers, but I just wanted to put a friendly reminder. (So don't get off topic because I don't know about you, but I like to do that on occasion)

So here is what we need as far as I can remember:

People:
- Very important, with out you all there wouldn't be an event. So if you CAN go tell us now
- If you don't know as of yet let us know the possibility of you being able to go. (whether in percentages or what if scenerios let us know so if there is a good chance you can go we can plan on you going)

Tents:
- If you have a tent or tents that we can use, please say so and let us know how big they are (how many people we can fit into it)

Food:
- We need food for 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners (I think on Sunday we will probably be home in time for dinner...right? We got home in time for dinner from Gates)
- and then random snack foods.
- So if you want to bring food say so and then let us know what you can/are willing to bring and how much.
- Does anyone have a dutch oven we can use so we can have awesome pizza and monkey bread?
- Does anyone want to volunteer to bring the supplies for those? (that would count as one dinner and one other thing...whatever it maybe breakfast or something else)

Vehicles:
- If you have a car/truck/van that we CAN take down with us if we need it let us know.
- If you will definitely need a ride down there let us know that too so when doing the vehicle count we can make sure we have seats for every one and no one gets to ride on the roof or in the trunk.

Other supplies:
- Firewoood? Do we need to bring it? I know we did at Gates, but I don't know how different this will be.
- Your own personal stuff: Keep it simple, keep it light. You may get stuck carrying it around a lot the first day there.
- Anndra and Iohn's parents? Are they going? I know they went last time and did provide us with a lot of needed stuff are they doing that again or no? (yes, they are a supply. XD Pack them carefully)
- thick socks not a joke, see posts below for more information.

something else I forgot to put up:
- ?
- Did I forget something on this list?
- if I did make sure you post it!!

Idea Now lets get this done. There isn't a rush to planning right now, but like I said I hate last minute planning. I'd rather we get it all planned now and then just remind everyone when it gets close.

Last edited by Sandra on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : a reminder about socks)
Back to top Go down
https://gatesofhaven.forumotion.net
Logar

Logar

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:44 pm

right the tuesday before war i get my best paycheck to date so im all over the food and snack area, just let me know what i needs to buy Razz
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:10 pm

Regrettably, I still don't know if I'll be able to go or not, but I'm definitely planning on doing my best to do so, so for now I'd count me (and Iohn) in. ^.^

As far as tents go, I know that in the past the girls have always slept in a tent I brought, which I can easily bring again. That sleeps about four people comfortably.

Firewood will be very important. War is likely to be just as cold as Gates, and from what I remember, possibly colder. @.x; We'll want firewood.

I can't really help out a whole lot with rides this year, but I know my parents will be driving my brother down, so I'll talk to them and get back to you about what they'll be able to help with (whether it be rides or food or whatever else).

A reminder for WAIVERS.
EVERYONE 18 AND OLDER MUST BRING THEIR ID TO WAR. EVERYONE 17 AND YOUNGER MUST EITHER BRING A PARENT OR BRING A NOTARIZED WAIVER WITH THEM. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS, SO GET IT DONE IF YOU PLAN TO FIGHT.
Another reminder for PASSABLE GARB.
Another reminder for PASSABLE WEAPONS.

It would also be wise to get in contact with Dominion very soon (ie: as soon as we know how many people are coming; *cough*REPLYASAP*cough*) and let them know how much space we'll need for camp. Since I know you guys see them fairly regularly, if Madea wants to talk to Aster or whoever else is in charge of that information and let them know, that's fine. If she doesn't want to, that's fine also, I'll do it myself. It'd probably be easier if she did, though, due to the fact that you're all closer and I currently have no way of contacting them. -.-
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:22 pm

I'd count me out of this one. I talked to Ben about it, but there's no guarantee that he's going, and I'm not sure what I'll have going on around that time. If I have as much homework that weekend as I do just today and tomorrow, I probably won't go regardless of my ride situation.

P.S. I cast one vote for "I think I can't..." before I realized this was for the BS province. Just thought I'd let you know in case that affects anything.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:30 am

not really, I put it here just because I wanted us to plan, but since people from outside our area are helping out it's all good.

I hope you can find a way to make it though. I wanted you to show me some epic moves you've learned (capoeira and stuffs)

and let us know Kairi, that would be awesome if we could squish stuff in your mom's van again. Currently I think we were planning on not having it, but having it would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Elysia Faal

Elysia Faal

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:58 am

I'll be attending the bloodbath. Twisted Evil

Anyway, for all of those who have not gone to an event before, I have some advice that comes from experience: BRING THICK SOCKS!!!!11

Dear Lord, that first night I was this close to cutting my freaking feet off! I wouldn't have even needed to worry about bloodstains cause I'm pretty convinced that it was all pretty solid done to the last vein. I mean, seriously Artemis, what the *beep*? Why do you make your nights so freakin' cold when I'm trying to sleep out there, man?! Frigid *beep*. >.<...............-_O...............>.>

*ahem* Anyway, uh, yeah. Bring warm socks.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Elysia Faal wrote:
Bring warm socks.

Yes, I agree. Bring warm socks.
SO NO ONE HAS TO STEAL ALL OF KAIRI'S SOCKS AGAIN. T.T
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:04 pm

hey depending on when you guys leave i might be able to provide a truck, and if need be i might be able to get ahold of some other things (p.s. if you need anything that you forgot i can probally supply it since i work at walmart so give me a holla and i'll bring it down saturday)
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:15 pm

going have a truck w/ goobs of space
will bring tons of tea
and well yeah!!!
Back to top Go down
Elysia Faal

Elysia Faal

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:48 pm

Yeah! Tasty tea from the Brewmeister! XD
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:31 pm

btw 13th is ma birthday so that night i'll go the gasstaion and buy icecream for us!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:12 am

Turrinbarturrin wrote:
btw 13th is ma birthday so that night i'll go the gasstaion and buy icecream for us!!!!!!!!!!!

we'll be sure to bring cake and have a very loud birthday song for you. ^_^
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:12 pm

WOOTS
Back to top Go down
Elysia Faal

Elysia Faal

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:05 am

I, unfortunately, have to take back my earlier poll for attendance. My cousin is getting married that Saturday. I thought the ceremony was Oct. 13th, not Sept. -.-
Back to top Go down
Anndra Kenzie

Anndra Kenzie

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:24 pm

Yes, my perents are going and we can bring fire wood. But I need to know the name of the War of the Iron fist web site.
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:26 pm

Elysia Faal wrote:
I, unfortunately, have to take back my earlier poll for attendance. My cousin is getting married that Saturday. I thought the ceremony was Oct. 13th, not Sept. -.-
have a dag wedding!!!
Back to top Go down
Elysia Faal

Elysia Faal

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:40 am

Haha! Too nerdy! XD
Back to top Go down
JeandeMaxwell

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 2:07 am

I want to go but i'm not sure i can. I may need a ride if i can. As for food supply what are your recommendations? SHould i pack for me alone? Any thing specific?
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:41 am

JeandeMaxwell wrote:
I want to go but i'm not sure i can. I may need a ride if i can. As for food supply what are your recommendations? SHould i pack for me alone? Any thing specific?

If you need a ride we will have room. We typically car pool for stuff like this. And once we know who all is going for sure we can better plan out who will be riding with who.
and for food, I'd bring simple stuff to make and eat. I know that at Gates we actually made complicated stuff, but most times you are tired and you just want to stuff your face, tell stories, and then sleep.
Bring water. Their's tastes funny.
Other than that I have no idea at the moment what to pack for food.
You can pack for yourself if you like, sometimes thats easier to do, but if you want to bring a few extras of your snacks or what-ev to share that's awesome too.
Back to top Go down
Aisuri

Aisuri

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:06 pm

OMG KENSIE THATS AMAZIZING!!!! i will talk to my 'rents and tell then that your dad or mom or whoever is coming (our 'rent will prolly have to talk but oh well) sweet ^__^ and i have a good size cooler we could use and i will look around for other things we might need, but since kensies 'rents are going i have a great chance of going cheers GGOOOAAALLLL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:11 pm

woots
pbandj people and looks of it instant soups good two!
Back to top Go down
Logar

Logar

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:15 pm

i has 10 cans of spaghetti-Os lol, buying more stuffs on tuesday
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:34 pm

ima just going to post everthing i can think of that we all need

wood fer sa fire---ican get some but idk how much
lamps/lanterns--got at least 2
fire starting supplies--
tea--never enough or to much
water jugs bottles and beverages--bringyourown
Food--simple is good
weapons, dap, and tape--you may have to do repairs
sleepen stuff-- if you do that
garb--duh!!
wetwipes--spik it but no showers
toilet paper-- just to be safe ya never know what happens in da outhouse
paper plates and such--
tent--derkader
toothbrusher and paste --smiles
brand aids and disinfectin stuffs--
cookies and pies--
k oma don now cant tank anty moe
Back to top Go down
Logar

Logar

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:03 pm

ONE WEEK!!!!!!! thats all thats left so lets get this stuff together peeps, i know im not important but, final role call on whos gonna be there and wats they is bringing would be spaectacular lol

imma be there with provisions for proly 20 to live off of for like a a year ( may be exageratting ) Basketball come on imma needs you to get it together lol lol!
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:15 pm

I have a lantern we can use. And I think I have a flash light or two as well.
I'll bring a whole can of dap and I'll have some blue foam.
I also have a bunch of styrofoam plates and some silverware stuff I might be able to bring. Maybe...I dunno...I might just bring my old mess kit and be done with it. It would be nice if we could cut down on our trash.

Madea will most likely have all the bandaids and stuff since that is her vocation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War of the Iron Fist planning   War of the Iron Fist planning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War of the Iron Fist planning
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next