Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Iohn de Mar, A Brief History

Go down 
+3
Eldrin THE BLACK
Orrin None-son
Iohn deMar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Empty
PostSubject: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 10:42 pm

Name, Iohn de Mar
Age, 150
DoB, 1354
Alignment, Chaotic Good

4th son of an ancient line of Scottish earls called Mormaers, Iohn was born into the Clan Mar, perhaps the oldest peerage in Britain. His father, Mormaer Thomas, was a well known politician and the Great Chamberlain of Scotland. He was married twice. First to Margaret Graham of Menteith, and later to Margaret Stewart, Countess of Angus. Both wives failed to provide him with a son, and he became fearful that the ancient gaelic earldom would end with his line. In a desperate attempt to carry on his name, he took a mistress from the outlying Aberdeenshire. It was this young girl who gave birth to Thomas’ only son. The young girl died in childbirth, and the boy was raised with great care, trained by the finest of Thomas’ captains, and taught by the finest scholars in the region. As the boy grew older, he showed a love for the forests, and hills of the Aberdeenshire. He spent many hours hiking and hunting on the grounds of Kildrummy Castle, his childhood home and seat of the Mormaers. It was in these forest treks one late october evening that he was ambushed by a ravenous pack of werewolves, which he mistakenly took for wolves. He and his hunting party drew their bows and fired upon the beasts, yet to everyones horror their arrows did little to stop the wolves. Iohn and his party then drew their blades and fought the creatures with every ounce of strength. Slaying two of the beasts, all that was left of the hunting party was Iohn. After mortally wounding the third beast, the fourth, a she-wolf, lept upon him and bit him, and gravely wounded him. Finally the she-wolf was defeated, and for two days Iohn was put under the care of the priests of Kildrummy who tended to his wounds. After his symptoms became apparent to some of the priests as supernatural ones associated with the horrid werewolf he was fearfully cast out of his home. On his parting, his farther met with him secretly, passing onto him an heirloom: an ancient sword his father claimed was enchanted by strange forces. Iohn fled his home under the cover of darkness, and traveled north into the wild lands of his country. He traveled many seasons north, and after years of hard living, hunted and feared, he grew to be a savage, forgetting much of his past. Years went by like the cycles of the moon - the only measurement of time he could rely upon... Among people he was safe only for a few days before the full moon shone and he transformed into a beast, stalking the flesh of animal and human alike.

In his travels he came upon many strange and wondrous places, places out of space and time. Much time passed, and he learned of many things; of himself and of the world. Now, he lives in a new world.

Last edited by Iohn de Mar on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:35 pm

Nice, I like this one alot. One of the better written backstories I have seen in a long, long time.
Back to top Go down
Eldrin THE BLACK

Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:03 am

I liked it too. Don't bite me, I have enough curse type problems. That would just be a huge mess.
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:13 am

Eldrin is bad at math, he can't figure out how to have three halves.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:10 am

*laughing at Eldrin and Orrin* XDDD

I really like your backstory, Iohn. I'm glad you finally got around to writing it, too. I need to do mine at some point as well. -.-;
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:32 am

yeah these curses suck sometimes, i like the the story young wolf.
Back to top Go down
Eldrin THE BLACK

Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:27 pm

Orrin None-son wrote:
Eldrin is bad at math, he can't figure out how to have three halves.

ROFLMAO

Yeah, my story is hard to explain as is. I couldn't imagine throwing some wolf curse into the mix!
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:14 pm

Orrin is bad at math too, that would be four halfs now.

Half celestial/half human to start. Then bitten by vamp so human side has died and is now vamp. Vamp is kept in check by Celestial side, but still causes internal struggles. Then add wolfie side making him need to be house trained again.
Back to top Go down
Eldrin THE BLACK

Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:46 pm

Orrin None-son wrote:

Then add wolfie side making him need to be house trained again.

I'm offended! I haven't been house trained yet good sir!
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 1:55 am

*points at Eldrins avatar* See how he treats me?
Back to top Go down
Elysia Faal

Elysia Faal

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:10 am

Orrin None-son wrote:

Like you should be treated? Razz
Back to top Go down
Eldrin THE BLACK

Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:24 am

Orrin None-son wrote:

LOL, So true.
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:44 am

Elysia Faal wrote:

Like you should be treated? Razz

Watch it cowgirl. lol
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:02 pm

Orrin None-son wrote:

Watch it cowgirl. lol

watch wat?
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:01 pm

What is the point of inside jokes if everyone knows tyr?
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:16 pm

Like it!!! Very well written! Guess it's time for me a get a backstory . . . *chuckles*
Back to top Go down
Eldrin THE BLACK

Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 3:20 am

Yes, I can see it now. "Winter in the Life of Summer, the Blastosaurus."

pirat
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 4:45 am

nah, it's going to involved 4chan. That's bad enough. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iohn de Mar, A Brief History   Iohn de Mar, A Brief History Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iohn de Mar, A Brief History
Page 1 of 1