Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advertising Dagorhir

Go down 
+5
Iohn deMar
Jeiku
Odin
Kairi Cypmann
Bro'gar
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 4:47 pm

WILL DO THE SAME. BUT WAIT, WHEN DOES IT RESET?
Back to top Go down
Bro'gar
Field Marshal
Bro'gar

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Brogar13

Was thinking we could use this for this Image on the flier, lol.
I was looking for a good picture of us as a Club fighting, but I think this can demonstrate effectively.
I would put a picture of war, but I don't want to be too misleading as to our local practices.
Any suggestions otherwise?

p.s. Odin are you the author of this photo?
Back to top Go down
Bro'gar
Field Marshal
Bro'gar

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:29 pm

I was thinking for the text, something like:

Haven, of Rolla (or Dagorhir)
<insert picture>
Padded Weapon Fighting

Practice Times........

National Website: www.dagorhir.com
Contact us on Facebook: MS&T Boffer Club
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:09 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Dag_poster2
Back to top Go down
Bro'gar
Field Marshal
Bro'gar

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 8:44 pm

I have a feeling that is copyright, but we could do something similar. I was thinking that some kind of tag line would be good. We could even have different ones with different pictures. Would make it more of a "oh, what does that one look like" instead of a "oh another one of those."

If we can use that one Iohn, or find out who made it and ask, that would be good.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 8:51 pm

I didn't take that picture, but the person who did wouldn't care if we used it. I would try to pick a picture with a shield figher vs a non-shield, to show the diversity of the weapons.

Anyway the key to good flyers is to keep it simple

@Kairi, it will go away after finals week. never to return.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:19 pm

That flier was made by the Dagorhir Battle Games Association so that any chapter anywhere would have something to give out for advertisement of the sport. Why in the world would that be copyrighted in a way that affects us? We signed the chapter contract, and therefore we have direct affiliation with them and are allowed to use any and all of their stuff-- by a legally binding document. I'd say we're pretty safe. Razz

I also don't like those photos, mostly because our last ones were just two guys dressed similarly and I regretted that design. I think it's better if we show many people in a photograph, not just two guys dueling, that way people are more comfortable joining a sport that's large and not being singled out as one of the few weirdos wacking eachother with foam.

@Odin: If that's the case, we need to jump on this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jeiku

Jeiku

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:24 pm

Agreed with Kairi. We need multiple people in (multiple) photos.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:05 am

You could use the group photo from last year. I'm sold on this sport, and even I think the action shot photos just look silly. I think we look our best when facing the camera posed for a photo. Most of the fighting pics I have seen just look kinda silly/goofy.
Once in a while, there's a good one of me in garb that I feel proud of, but those are few and far between.

As far as marketing goes, Check out this page. No, seriously, check it out:

http://board.belegarth.com/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=27584

Quote :
Yeah they say SCA over and over again, this is very valid for Belegarth.

This is how to recruit... will any of you listen probably not many, chances are the trolls will just make fun of this guy.
Back to top Go down
Frag

Frag

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:39 am

I feel stealing recruitment ideas from the sca is an awesome idea
Back to top Go down
Bro'gar
Field Marshal
Bro'gar

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Wow, thanks Angus.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Just invoke the Right of Conscription. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Frag

Frag

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:16 pm

once we are an RSO, we could get a place in havner during lunch, and maybe fight in the atrium like swing dance did a week or two ago
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:43 pm

Fighting inside that isn't a big gym isn't a good idea IMO.
Back to top Go down
Bro'gar
Field Marshal
Bro'gar

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:58 pm

I think he means like a demonstration, just a couple people at once. But yeah it would probably be risky and loud indoors.
I wouldn't mind though maybe having a table set up with different types of weapons and garb to give a view of our sport.
Oh, we need those little fliers people hand out all the time in Havner. I almost always take one.
Back to top Go down
Frag

Frag

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 5:12 pm

one on one probably, just to draw interest. but it would be an idea.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 5:33 pm

have table with tv/laptop playing good footage of us fighting. If we fight in the open area some bystander will get hit and we don't need that.
Back to top Go down
Bro'gar
Field Marshal
Bro'gar

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:06 pm

We need to get a fighting demonstration set up. Not just fighting on the field, I mean like practice moves and look cool as hell.
We spend a lot of our time in a field fight waiting for the right moment and if someone walks by at the wrong time they won't see hardly any fighting.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:18 pm

but passers by are drawn to the action, so they will watch the people actually fighting and not the stagnant ones, unless everyone is stopped
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:54 pm

We only really look cool if there's a large number of us. One guy fighting one guy isn't all that special, nor is two on two.

I think what's more important is that when we do demos, which would be GREAT to do at Havener during lunch sometime on the field out front, we would need to treat it as if we're fighting at an event. That means going all out and being serious, not just playing around. That's all you really need.

Also: The stuff you all are describing above is exactly what we do during PRO days. -.-; Allow me to tell you that it's mostly a huge waste of time, as only one or two guys out of hundreds will pay attention to a motionless table of weapons and fliers. Even the Rag DVD didn't catch many peoples' attention.
Maybe setting up a table outdoors with a few weapons and fliers while a large number of us fight would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:49 pm

agree.
Back to top Go down
Bro'gar
Field Marshal
Bro'gar

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Flier_10

my draft for a flier, the print is half a page. i made 100 already. are the directions good? i tried to emphasize the full contact bit.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:22 pm

I like it, i'd throw in an email of phone number or something to make it easier for people to get a hold of you. plus we don't always check the group. Anyway once We get a "final" draft or we all agree on one i'll print some color copies, also I would only do color since it will grab people's attention easier.
Back to top Go down
Bro'gar
Field Marshal
Bro'gar

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:32 am

I'm going to opt out on putting my personal phone number or email on there. We would probably need a whole new Haven email, so I think I'm just going to keep up to date on facebook. I would refer them here to the forums, but it would probably be a mess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advertising Dagorhir   Advertising Dagorhir - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advertising Dagorhir
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next