Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All-Haven Event

Go down 
+6
Elysia Faal
Tyr
Logar
Constantine
turrinbarturrin
Angus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Angus
Troll
Angus

All-Haven Event Empty
PostSubject: All-Haven Event   All-Haven Event Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:42 pm

I have heard rumors of Haven holding an all-realm event, with all provinces and people even loosely associated with Haven, or something of this sort.

This type of event is very possible, and is something we should get on top of.

In order for Haven to have an all-realm event, where all of the provinces come together, we need the following things:
1. One person to be in charge of making it happen, who is willing to make some executive decisions.
2. A small group of people willing to help
3. A date, time, and location that we can commit to.
4. A commitment to attend from a significant amount of members
5. ???????
6. Profit!!!

If you Want to be in charge of this, or you have some ideas to contribute, please respond here.
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

All-Haven Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Haven Event   All-Haven Event Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 8:54 pm

what month looks good to people
April and May are nice.
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

All-Haven Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Haven Event   All-Haven Event Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:02 pm

When I find out when my spring break is I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Logar

Logar

All-Haven Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Haven Event   All-Haven Event Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:52 pm

lmao we could have it on my B-day cuz its totally not on a tues day or anything Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

All-Haven Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Haven Event   All-Haven Event Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:10 pm

MR. BEEFY, yay it's good to hear from you man, i haven't gottin to talk to you in a while, also how is kat?
Back to top Go down
Elysia Faal

Elysia Faal

All-Haven Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Haven Event   All-Haven Event Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 12:07 am

I'll totally commit just because you used "6. PROFIT!!!" XD

I think April sound like a good month.
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

All-Haven Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Haven Event   All-Haven Event Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:11 am

I think this would be a good idea, but I'm not sure if you'll actually be able to get anyone other than the Blue Springs Province together for it at this time. Also: Gates of Summer is April 17th, and we'll all want to attend that. :\
I think you'll have better luck trying this a year from now then you will at the moment, since our chapter isn't even half a year old yet officially. -.-;

However, if enough people are willing, I'm definitely willing and ready to try and help take care of whatever I need to. If I need to 'oversee' and make the executive decisions, I'd be willing to. I just don't know if it's entirely worth the effort yet.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

All-Haven Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Haven Event   All-Haven Event Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:32 am

I do think this is a good idea, and something we should be planning on doing. However, I personally feel that Haven needs to get a number of things ironed out before we host an event. Some things to consider: we have no chapter symbol, we are new enough that many chapters don't even know we exist (with the possible exception of Ravenwood, Dominion, and Alterra), we have yet to fix the kinks in our government system and communication between provinces, and I strongly feel that we should at least attend Gates of Summer as a realm prior to hosting any event. To be honest, our organization is deplorable. We can't communicate well with each other, there is no standard procedure for doing anything, unless its the constitution. To take on something like this would be to set ourselves up for failure. We need to fix what is broken before we can think about moving onward.

A "Havener" event, however, is not a bad idea. A time and place for all provinces to meet together for a day of battle, feasting, and debating is something I feel this realm needs now. For Haven to familiarize itself with event-style activities, this would be a great place to start. A date is all that needs to be debated upon. Keep in mind, the later the date, the more likely it is to succeed.

Although anyone is welcome to fight with us, taking on the responsibility of hosting a Dag event will be a logistical nightmare. Just ask Dominion or Aratari.
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

All-Haven Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Haven Event   All-Haven Event Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 4:32 am

I suggest taking the time, at gates, to sit down AT an event and discuss the pros and cons of an event like this. You can then pick the brain of people who have already held an event. And, you can discuss this with everybody at once, instead of back and forth across here. Actually being in the middle of an event helps you remeber things that you might normally not think of.

I have held a small 30man event before, and am holding a larger overnight event one month after Gates. If you would like to pick my brain, just give me a holler adn offer me a seat around your fire. I would gladly help.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

All-Haven Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Haven Event   All-Haven Event Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:12 pm

I agree with Ian, we should have some sort of Havenor event before trying to set up an IRE. Of course, when I started this topic, that's precisely what I was talking about. Once each province has settled on a name, gotten themselves at least a little organized, and has their membership properly established, it would be great to all come together and meet as one unified realm.

Also, if we can set a date, it would give us all a deadline and a motivation to get organized, sort of a goal to shoot for. I have a lofty dream that we would hold this event some time Before Gates, so that we can show up to Gates as one unified realm, and make a good impression at war.
(this event would be a good time for us to finalize some decisions like our realm symbol, motto, etc.)

This wouldn't need to be anything that elaborate, just one weekend when we can all get together in the same place.
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

All-Haven Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Haven Event   All-Haven Event Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:37 pm

I wasn't meaning an Inter-realm thing. But the planning is similar when you take into account the fact that your povinces are so far away.
Back to top Go down
Alo

All-Haven Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Haven Event   All-Haven Event Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:09 pm

If I can help, just holler at me.

or post. whichever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

All-Haven Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Haven Event   All-Haven Event Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All-Haven Event
Page 1 of 1