Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

possible small event location

Go down 
+4
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar
Kairi Cypmann
Odin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Odin

Odin

possible small event location Empty
PostSubject: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Frank Childress Scout Reservation (FCSR)

FCSR is home to the Ozark Trails Council Cub Scout Resident Camp. The camp includes a large swimming pool, dining hall, Pirate Ship, Old West Fort, Gold Mine Indian Village and a stocked trout pond for fishing.

The Camp is located 4 miles south of I-44 and west of Diamond, MO on V Highway. It is complete with a C.O.P.E. Course for older Scouts and a year-round multipurpose building that can be utilized by Scouts and Scouters for training and fellowship.

:::::
not sure if they will rent to other groups, but that fort would make an awesome battle spot (i've been there) and that pirate ship is pretty BA too
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:25 pm

If you can manage to contact those people and talk to them about possibly letting us come in and use it, I would be all for it.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:52 pm

thse ppl have to be the hardest guys to get a hold of, i have no numbers, and the ones i do have nobody answers, grr. i finally found an email to the camp ranger, so hopefully he will be able to give me an answer, it would prolly be just a day event
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:19 pm

ok i got a response and they will let other people camp there. but im still waiting to see if we can actually fight there, i don't just want to tell them we are camping and then just start fighting....but i did tell them that we;d sign liability stuff and whatnot, but i personally think this is not going to be worth it if we don't have at least 20 people. I told them that we could possible have between 20-50 people....so is anyone interested??

-Epic castle battles
-castle has two archer towers
-castle has main gates, and a back entrance

-Pirate ship is large
-below deck area
-main deck area
-captains perch (That on is small)
-dock

if we did go it would be a scenerio battle, something like invaiding forces by sea, then once the story has been fought out there is plenty of open field for regular battles or we can just switch teams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:30 am

i would love to attend!!! but ... where is Diamond, MO in respect to Rolla?
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Would this be open to other realms, by any chance?
Back to top Go down
http://www.midgar.forumotion.net
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:11 pm

o definitely, still haven't gotten a solid answer, we can camp but idk if they will let us fight. but i would most certainly open it up for other realms
Back to top Go down
hyper

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:01 pm

sounds like fun
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:30 am

awesome. i'll definitely be keeping an eye out to see how things pan out. i'm also thinking about bringing Midgard to invade sometime in the future. lol!
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:26 pm

update: still no answer, since it is a non-scouting group interested it has to be approved by the upper levels, and since we plan to..er...beat each other up on wooded structures that could possible lead to injuries...the risk assessment team is looking at it and i will get an answer from them when it is in....however i have to say that i have doubts that they will approve but keep your fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 2:31 pm

I hope we can get this location. This sounds amazing.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:19 am

ok they will let us in provided we pay the camping fee (duh) sign forms...and....provide a 2 million dollar liability insurance......sooooooooooo anyone know anyone who can help us out to get an estimate as to how much it would cost for a weekend? this place really is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:07 pm

2 MILLION for liability? good gods! why in the world are they saying THAT?
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:33 pm

i sent a comfirmation email to make sure they meant 2 million, i can't imagine us even much more than 1,000 in damages if we tried. so idk. If we can't get that then it looks like it may not work out Sad
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 11:16 pm

from what I've looked up, it looks like the kind of insurance we would need would cost us about $375 a day. In other words, we would need to be dividing this cost among at least ~100 people for it to be affordable. Part of the trouble is that since we're not a very common sport, it may be difficult to find someone willing to insure us.
Back to top Go down
Summer

Summer

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 pm

freaking lame. =_=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: possible small event location   possible small event location Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

possible small event location
Page 1 of 1