Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All the fancy weapon names. :D

Go down 
+10
Svipdag
Iohn deMar
Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar
Odin
Angus
Constantine
Barca
Kairi Cypmann
Tyr
Summer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jeiku

Jeiku

All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:06 am

Maybe Squall should just fight single dagger then? Razz
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:56 pm

people fight with less..
Back to top Go down
Frag

Frag

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:30 pm

I really do not want to give squall more reason to get in close, I wind up on the ground enough without encouraging him.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:37 am

Ohh, reminds of those old days, back when I was told I couldnt use wrapobs, to make it fair, lol, also getting kicked from the field for uhnzing spears..
Back to top Go down
Jeiku

Jeiku

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:19 pm

NEW WEAPON!!! Very Happy

I have completed my first red. It is a 48" claymore; I can literally grip the blade above the cross guard, like a real claymore. This sword was Iohn and Odin's non-breakable cross guard experiment, so Iohn let me use it. Of course, he found ways to improve it when he revamped Cortney's Boudiga. I admit, her claymore is much prettier than mine, but I will make improvements on later models.

I named this claymore the Wselfwulf (pronounced as its syllables appear), which is Anglo-Saxo for "Wolf of Slaughter." My next model, if I ever make one, will have a better-looking cross guard and a slightly longer blade. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:50 pm

Looked great when I saw it last night, Jeiku. Now it just needs to get out there on the field and eat some shields. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:27 pm

So its a one handed red? An im considering remaking bai-yi, only adding 2" opencell on striking edge an possibly making it stabby...
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:29 pm

MY SHIELD EATS CLAYMORES.

also yay for making your own weapons!

Hey kairi, you have O-Fender (the guitar) right?
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Tyr wrote:
So its a one handed red?.

for some, but he will prolly use two hands like ur supposed to. correct me if i'm wrong jeiku
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Yessir, we have O-Fender.
Back to top Go down
Frag

Frag

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:48 am

shield eating claymores is why you carry spare blades, they come up, you go Florentine on them Wink
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:21 am

I will be role playing as a creeper from now on. I will be indestructible, and after 10 seconds of ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i will throw rocks dealing black damage and die myself. fyi.
Back to top Go down
Frag

Frag

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:25 am

you have to run on four legs when doing this
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:36 am

creepers follow no rules. they were the horrible failure of a pig that just stayed in the game
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Omg, can we seriously do this at a practice sometime? Please? XD

Also, Frag: Florentine against a red isn't always a very good tactic. I kill Florentiners more easily than anyone else on the field, save for single blues. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jeiku

Jeiku

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:32 pm

My claymore is a two-handed red. I can grip it with both hands below the cross guard, one hand above it and one hand below it, or I can lose one of my arms and attempt to use it one-handed.

Oh, and O-Gibson will be my next project. Twisted Evil (I'll try to make it a more period guitar than a Flying V, as much as I love them.)
Back to top Go down
Jeiku

Jeiku

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Sad, sorry news cometh. My claymore was literally destroyed on the battlefield at Gates. Sad

Luckily, the sword was mostly Ian and Nick's cross guard experiment, in which a vinyl tube with fiberglass thread was used as its core. The cross guard worked perfectly, but I soon discovered that 3/4 inch PVC does not an effective red core make. SOOOOO... that means that I should just use 1/2 inch fiberglass for the core instead. Smile

And, even thought the guy who broke it was a bit boastful and slightly rude about it, and as disappointed as i am, it was still funny to watch a single blue weapon literally break a 48 inch red. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:00 pm

3/4 pvc makes good reds, that core that you used had seen many battles, and i would stake that it was just it's time. a new piece of 3/4 pvc would not have failed so... explosively. It's a shame too, cause that was a pretty claymore. also a 1/2 fiberglass red will fail on flex unless it is min sized.

on the plus side, you could still turn the blade into a blue. just room for a handle and a pommel.

but solider on! my first sword snapped before I even got to use it Sad
Back to top Go down
Jeiku

Jeiku

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 12:38 am

Oh well, it will make a good war story, no pun intended. Plus, the broken sword will make a good decoration. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:41 pm

If you use fiberglass, you need to twin-core it so it won't fail on flex. Not hard to do, just buy two rods and tape them together, so if you go that route, keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Jeiku

Jeiku

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:43 pm

Gotcha. Thanks, Kairi (:
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:40 pm

Kairi Cypmann wrote:
If you use fiberglass, you need to twin-core it so it won't fail on flex.

.....Odin.....hate......twin-core 1/2 fiberglass.....
But I did get a blow to the head with one, which cut my eye open......after i failed the weapon for hitting too hard errrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:00 pm

I've never had a twin core red fail on hitting too hard, and I've made several myself on top of Iohn having made me some as well, though not all of those were 1/2" fiberglass. I'm not sure what one you're referring to. I personally think twin core are the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:23 pm

It was kiren's duel core 1/2 fiberglass red. It had four layers on the sticking surface and it still hit like a brick. but i must agree fiberglass makes for a better core than pvc
Back to top Go down
Jeiku

Jeiku

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:53 pm

<.< >.> >.< I can't decide! x.x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All the fancy weapon names. :D   All the fancy weapon names. :D - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All the fancy weapon names. :D
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next