Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gates Of Summer VI

Go down 
+20
Malfurion
Svipdag
Tygreive
Findaráto Chwiwgwn Oronar
Szabo Erinach
Crux
Eldrin THE BLACK
Odin
Summer
Angus
Logar
Iohn deMar
Vala
turrinbarturrin
Alo
Constantine
Kairi Cypmann
Orrin None-son
Elysia Faal
Tyr
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Logar

Logar

Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:09 am

o.O in april?!?! i hope not Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:40 am

We got snow in april last year. I remember that. A friggin' blizzard in march. It was horrible.
Back to top Go down
https://gatesofhaven.forumotion.net
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:32 pm

You keep trying to jinx this Vala, and you may find yourself missing.

If there is snow on the ground at Gates, I will creep into your tent, tie you up, gag you, carry your now helpless body out into the woods, and chuck you into the pont at the back of the campsite. In the shallow end ofcourse, so that while you are above the water level and not risking drowning, you will sink slowly into the mud and get so wet and dirty that your kids will be born with dirt behind thier ears.
Back to top Go down
Logar

Logar

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:55 pm

lol good gives thenm something to do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Orrin, i'm not sure im goin to let you tie up an innocent girl and drag her into the woods alone >.>, but i'll occapany you, (then secretly stop you from trying to freeze her to death Smile )
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:50 pm

Fine Tyr, since you will be camping with me anyways( last I heard), I will just do the same to you first, then you two can keep each other company.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:55 am

Orrin the only problem with that plan is i don't sleep at night, Smile , in fact i hardly sleep at all, (Vala tells me this often, and she's completely right) so i doubt you'll catch me alseep.
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 4:20 am

Tyr, it's very nice of you, but don't worry. I'm sure I'd be able to manage on my own. I'm not useless.
Orrin, I think you under estimate my abilities to not have bad things happen to me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:42 am

I only said somthing on behalf of Orrin's health, for wat i do to stop him will be far less than wat you do if he actually tries it Smile , and i know for a fact your far from usless my lady.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:20 am

THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT GATES OF SUMMER VI
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:24 am

Angus wrote:
THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT GATES OF SUMMER VI

You win the internet, Angus.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:46 am

i started this thread and i hearby change it to wat i want, which is things to take place AT GATES OF SUMMER,(technicly still on topic, Razz)
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:21 am

Actually, you can't make it about what you want, and no it's still not on topic for the fact this thread was for planning what we'll need to take and how we're getting there.
Which...is something we probably need to get on...soonishly? 0.o It's in April...so maybe it's a bit early but....
We need to know how many people are planning on going so we can make sure we have adequate tent space and everyone has somewhere to sleep.
And then plan for food.....is people's bringing their own food, each province worry about itself. Blah blah blah. I'm not good at group planning. Planning for me, I'm good at. XDXDXD
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:23 am

actually i just made the thread to post the dates of war, it got jacked is all Razz , i would know i started this thread. But if you want to get so pushy then fine as for planning you all need some things.

1. food- who brings/ how much to bring
2. camping- who has tents/ who can stay with who/ co-ed, non co-ed, space of campsite
3. Rides
4. weapons
5. camping equipment
6. parental units(for the youngins/ no offense)
7. campfire?
8. shelters
9. garb
10. pre-reg
11. directions on how to get there
12. number of people going
13. waivers for non pre-reg peeps
14. money for troll.
15. there is more but i'm on lunch so i don't have time to list off every little thing, there are your basics Smile
Back to top Go down
Orrin None-son

Orrin None-son

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 11:47 am

Something that seems to get forgoten by everybody. Light.

Flashlights, lanterns, tiki torches, lighters, matches, Funeral pyres, disco laser light shows, or any other source of ilumination you can come up with.
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

5. camping equipment , just for the recordm also i can for the most part see in the dark, but hey i live at night Razz
Back to top Go down
Eldrin THE BLACK

Eldrin THE BLACK

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:56 pm

I can see pretty good in the dark since I had Lasik, light enters my eye perfectly now so no light is hindered. Before I was pretty blind at night because my eye reflected light so poorly.
Back to top Go down
Iohn deMar
Realm Administrator
Iohn deMar

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:10 pm

The big tent (8person) that I had with me the last WotIF and GoS was destroyed at Rag, so it won't be at this upcoming Gates. I still have 2 smaller tents that should be in useable condition and they should fit two people. However, my sister and I reserve at least a tentful from those two, unless Mackenzie/myself sleep in another tent and leave those two open. We'll still try and bring some of our tarps and rope to string up a shelter.

As for firewood, I know last year my dad brought quite a bit down for the campfire. It would be nice if he weren't the only one doing that this year since this winter has been a long one and we use our own wood for heating. We'll bring down "some" but don't count on him bringing all of it.

Food: for those who haven't been to a big event, don't load up on starches or heavy food before battle. You WILL regret it. Instead, go for electrolyte-rich beverages and energy bars (fruits and nuts) before saturday. Typically, the only full meal we eat at GoS is saturday night. I think planning food for each province might be best, so for now lets go with that.

As for lighting, 1 lantern/tiki per tent in addition to 1 flashlight per person is a good rule of thumb.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:41 pm

Now, we're talking...
1. food- I would be happy to cook, as long as everybody pitches in for food, I (and any other volunteer cooks) can cook for the whole realm, assuming we're all camping together. (and that we have a fire-pit) If we want to do that, I can start a new thread about food at Gates.
2. camping- We need to find out what our campsite situation will be- we'll know this after we pre-reg. I, for one, will be camping in a 2-person tent with Katherine. (Who will be joining us Saturday and Sunday)
3. Rides- I'll be driving up either Friday Night, or Saturday morning, and I'll have room for 3 passengers plus gear, 4 passengers with gear if someone else can take the pole-arms.
4. weapons- the small stuff will fit in trunks and on laps, it would be nice if someone had a truck to take the tower shields, and the 6', 8', and 10' spears.
5. camping equipment- good point on the light. I have my 3 caving lights, but other people should be thinking about that too. Also, each person will probably want to have a sleeping bag(or some heavy blankets) and a camping pad.(That blue thing you tear up to make weapons, it actually has a use) It gets a lot colder at night, even in the spring, than you might realize.
6. parental units(for the youngins/ no offense)
7. campfire?- Yes, please. Campfire means we don't have to pay fifty bucks to rent a camping stove from the university.
8. shelters- I think I've mentioned this before, so I'll shut up about rainflys, shelters, etc.
9. garb- If all else fails, I have 4 loaner tunics, and I'll be making more soon.
10. pre-reg
11. directions on how to get there- this won't be a big deal. If you're driving, just ask someone who's been before.
12. number of people going- we should know that roughly by the time we've pre-reg'ed.
13. waivers for non pre-reg peeps
14. money for troll.
15. thank you, Tyr.
Back to top Go down
Angus
Troll
Angus

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:57 pm

On Firewood- If a couple of people are willing to help me out, later this spring, I'll drive out to mark twain and collect up some firewood. I know pretty well what I'm doing, I worked my paint as a firebuilder in Mic-o-Say while I was on staff at Bartle.
Also, maybe this is a Pie-in-the-sky dream, but I Imagine us all sitting down at some sort of feast-table and eating together as a realm (just for Saturday Dinner, probably) This is why I ask about the rain-fly.

On a somewhat related note, Fundraiser! My work does two fundraisers a week, for various organizations, on Tuesdays and Sundays. If we get 10-12 volunteers to work one of those nights, we could raise a fairly substantial amount of money (I think we'd be looking at at least a few hundred dollars, but I'm not sure.)
Back to top Go down
Tyr

Tyr

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:16 pm

no prob bro, also, hmmm, i'm not sure whether or not this help at all, but i'm not sure wat i'll have for gate(my truck or my car) if i can i'll try to take my car to save on gas which means that i can prolly take 2-3 other people with me(as long as the don't complain on how i get us there or my driving) as for camping gear i have enough for myself so noone need worry bout me(like you needed to anyway i am a traveler) i have already asked to be pre-reg so once i get the letter i will be, note money for troll (at least pre-reg) is $15,

i should have some spare weapons if others by then don't have some(but i will use the ones i want whether the borrowers like it or not) i can loan out a card table if that helps you all.

ALSO plz bring silverware and drinking cups/bottles

and by refrence i do work at wal-mart Twisted Evil

Last edited by Tyr on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : :P)
Back to top Go down
Kairi Cypmann

Kairi Cypmann

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:13 pm

I don't think the table to feast at is realistic. It would be really hard to find someone who had the car space to drive it there on top of everything else they need to take, and to lug it all the way through the woods to our camp (which is quite a walk away from the battlefield, generally speaking).
Everyone should bring folding chairs to sit in around the campfire and eat their meals in. A small table to cook on isn't a bad idea, but a card table or something similar works well enough.

Also: Anyone in the realm with the vocation COOK will be required to cook something or take care of food stuffs in general. >.>
Back to top Go down
turrinbarturrin
Field Marshal
turrinbarturrin

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:54 am

TEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats my job! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vala
Forum Administrator
Vala

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 3:09 am

Noted cooks in the vocations thread:
Svipdag-- Cook
Turrin-- Brewer (of tea!)

Not sure who has that vocation as of now since it was never updated, but Kiley volunteered to cook, and we can add him to the list too.

Kiley-- Cook

done and done.

tiki lanterns: I have tons, just in case no one else does.

If possible I'd like to NOT have to take my own vehicle, but if necessary I will. It can seat five (not counting driver) and has a reasonable sized trunk.
I have a two person tent that I might or might not make use of. (If we need, we'll use it)
Back to top Go down
Constantine

Constantine

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 3:31 am

I wish the RPG club here would accept me as a user so I can tell them about Gates. Grrr.
Back to top Go down
http://a-dutch.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gates Of Summer VI   Gates Of Summer VI - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gates Of Summer VI
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next